Tree of Savior Forum

Future of my build (Mat-Dop-Pel)

Hello

I read in KToS patch thread that in the future Hard Shield buff will disappear on (auto)swap and I’m a bit worried. I really like my Mata-Dopp-Pelt build, it feels great, it has AoE, 2h sword for single target (Zornhau/Zwerchhau combo x4) and it feels the tankiest out of all swordie builds I’ve tried while not losing out on dps.

But when the big nerf comes, what do I do?

Keep the current build, with the difference of dropping Sturtzhau and putting these points to DPE 10/Punish 3? This way I’ll lose the HS buff only when using the single target combo, and I can reapply it after.

OR

Swapping to either Mata-Fenc-Pelt or Mata-Fenc-Rode?

The thing is:
My only AoE will be the bull.
Fencer will improve rapier damage, but I can kiss the block from the shield goodbye.
Epee Garde will also bring my def to the ground, unless I take Rodelero, wich will allow me to retain the def from shield, but I’m not much of a fan of this class.

PS does HS buff still work under EG? I doubt that but I just wanted to ask.

What to do?

hmmm have u considered Mata-Barb-Pelt?
u get buff damage for your bull. and u also have Pounce and Seism for additional AoE.

1 Like

I am a moron. I haven’t even considered Barb X|
I guess it’s darkest under the lamppost XD

i think barb wont be enough to compensate doppel’s single target skills combo

Epee Garde

Nullifies the physical defense of your equipped shield, but increases the critical damage of your Pierce-type attacks. If you have the Rodelero class in your build, your shield’s physical defense is not nullified.

so Hard shield still works but your shield’s pdef will be zero under epee buff

it is a bug fixed, not nerf, Hard SHIELD without SHIELD will be hard only

1 Like

Ahh, now I really can’t decide what to reroll to… Which choice would be the best?

My choices are:
Mata-Barb-Pel(Rapier)
Two great AoE, no need for rajapearl cards, 30% dmg against aggro, Pouncing also works as the single target skill

Mata-Dop-Pel(Rapier)
Two great AoE, no need for rajapearl cards, 30% dmg against aggro and loot chance buff whose demerits can barely be felt thanks to HS

Dop-Barb-Pel(1h Spear)
Two great AoE, Pouncing also works as the single target skill and loot chance buff whose demerits can barely be felt thanks to HS

The 1st one is a better bosser, 2nd is better farmer, and 3rd is sort of a Jack-of-all-trades.

EDIT: In the end I’ll go with Mata-Barb-Pel as playing it feels best ^^