Tree of Savior Forum

Future Chaplain Plans?

Goodness, this really changes the landscape quite a bit. Any idea when these changes are coming though? Or have they already? (sorry, don’t know, as I temporarily stopped playing since three months ago)

i’m guessing full spr will no longer be the most optimal stat for some pve chaplain builds outside of pardoners now that the hit limit on blessing has been removed / or will be removed…

full int chaplain pd3:
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222c1eee.1a2a345561.1f2143516a7595a5.14213545.152f31415b617a91

i’m choosing chaplain over sadhu3 for pd3 because aspersion-aspergillum and last rites has no downtime, and priest3 survivability-support skills are always helpful…

Really interested where this discussion will go. My main concern is I’ve already invested so much on SPR equipment for my Chap.:frowning:

2 Likes

Gave this a bit more thought. Do you guys think P3-Pardo3 toons now have a place in parties because of this? (i.e. because of the buffed Bless, Aspersion, Inc. Mdef, and Sacra)

Also, in terms of preference, how would you guys rank these 4 buffs? (1) Bless, (2) Inc. MDef, (3) Aspersion, and (4) Sacra?

1 Like

I’m dismayed. This patch seemed to be unfavorable for SPR Priests (well except for Pards? Though I have yet to see any substantial buffs for them too)

Do you guys think P3-Pardo3 toons now have a place in parties

Who needs P3-Pardo3 in a party when buffs from town are longer (and even though they have lesser effect, they still perform well thanks to unlimited Blessing–while the others are pretty much same, except Sacrament becomes obsolete for non-AAers)
Please proof me wrong. I don’t see any reason to have Priests after this patch as the main class. :tired:

not only the town buffs are better right now, but there is also the matter of enchanter r2.

lightning hands at rank 5 already gives like 500% m.atak per hit ( which is about what we can achieve with max attributes on aspersion, divine might and aspersion gem) and it does all from RANGE. Needles to say they will outclass chaplains.

anyone have the info on how daino works? how the dmg is calculated? it is simply a conversion of your aa dmg on physical? or does it add your p.atak to m.atak before hitting?, also, zealot’s blind faith only aply to one line of dmg on AA?

if none of those options above is favorable to chaplains them i think it is time to rank reset into other stuff, as much as i love my battlemage archetype i won’t be gimping myself.

Daino is a pure conversion, and worse yet it needs krivis3 to be kept up 24/7. It’s not really a good option for an spr build imo.

Aukuras Goddes of Fire also has spr scaling, but that fire property dmg seems to struggle to get above 1.5k and is only supposed to work on magic skills iirc.

Zealot is far more interesting tbh:

• Immolation now applies its dmg on every auto attack as well, but it deals with a burn type debuff. (Still, it’s an easy 400%+ patk skill factor with an enhance so it should be quite potent).

• Fanatism should be a +55% dmg buff (for 15s with 30s cd) at skill level 10. But I don’t think it affects bonus dmg, or that anything does really.

• Fanatic Illusion is also quite decent as its aoe dmg circle with respectable dmg.

• Blind Faith not as much though, as it’s supposed to work on the next skill hit. And its ideally used on channeling or instant multihit skills as they somehow get the atk bonus to each hit. (aka Heal, Possession, Bwa Kayiman and Energy Blast only atm. Might be a bug ofc.)
    But if you have cleric2’s heal10 it could do a lot of dmg on a chap/zealot build.

But only blind faith really benefits from having a ton of spr, I’d say we’ll probably see far more dex chap/zealot builds with these changes.

Only other spr beneficial stuff I can think of are:

• Pardoner’s Increase Magic Defense is now a 5 min buff in ktos with a ton of skill level scaling. Getting 2.5k+ mdef from that and spr scaling is kind of nice, even if it might not be needed so much nowadays.

• Decatose now costs 300 silver, has overheat2 and an improved chance to 1hitko with spr. (up to 20%. Didn’t mention if it was max or additional…)

That’s all I got for now, need to do some more research & theory crafting still ofc.

yeah, i will probably rank reset into sadhu-zealot, blind faith+shadowstep into possession looks like a great nuke for tbl.

Is it worth taking Krivis in Chaplain build? I mean changing attack into magic is pretty good, you don’t have worry about dodge, however, DEX increase attack speed + accuracy so i was wondering if it really necessary to grab Krivis along :thinking:

Any thoughts?

If you take Krivis as a Chaplain you are pretty much required to use rank 6 and 7 for it, so I don’t know how well it fits.

The build would be Cleric > Priest3 > Chaplain > Krivis2 > Inquis2 or Zealot2 or inquis1/zealot1

Reasons for not just rolling Krivis1

• Short duration on Daino buff
  • No aukuras attribute unless you go Krivis2
  • No buffed Divine Stigma
  • No Zaibas Splash (might as well make the skill useful if you are going Krivis)

I think that Inquis2 or Inquis1/Zealot1 fits best with Chaplain since you can’t really miss out on Burn 20, it is just too good for mob DPS for well-known reasons.

Not sure how viable zealot1 is for anything, but I will leave that to people who know the class.

1 Like

Ooh neat.

What about orange 350 weapon that has 30% proc 2k elemental damage? Someone confirm from KTest post that each attack can proc the weapon passive ability.

So mean 5x lines + 30% chances to proc up to 10+ lines.

Krivis has the ability to boost fire damage with Aukuras.

What do you think about this?

I think it will probably be nerfed to not proc off of extra line damage.

Disappointed.:frowning: What seemed like a buff is starting to look like an overall nerf for SPR Chaplains. Might completely switch out to something else, but I’m still hoping there’s some way to salvage it, given I’ve invested so much already on my SPR-centered gear.

Has anyone tested the new [sacrament] and [last rites] damage? I’m guessing SPR builds will make or break it by those 2 skills. If the damage still sux pardoner buffs will be better. If the calculator is accurate 550 SPR ~= 1700 damage. That’s a “no” for me since it does not apply to lines of attack anymore and is just a 1x damage of 1700 per swing.

1 Like

you can always rank reset into a pardoneer :tired:

yeah, i’m losing hope on my chaplain, at first i tought zealot would be good, but since its dmg is all physical might as well roll a zealot into a monk, it makes more sense and is easier to itemize for.

i got pretty hyped with new kabba atributes especially the one that changes rod atack into magical… it would make my char a holly battle mage, which is awesome!.. until i saw the video with the actual stuff ¬¬.

they just IMC’ed kabbalist and instead of giving us a GOOD alternative they lazily copied wizard’s AA and pasted on kabba.

i mean, they already have the coding for a good loking and effective magic ranged auto attack with enchanters lightning hands, all they had to do was replace the thunder sound and particles with some a little more “holy” and BAM, done, everyone would be happy, no questions asked.

Oh well, there is still time to revert this joke if enough ppl rant about it, but since kabba is a underplayed class i doubt it.

until then, the future looks grimm for chaplains, especially those spirit based.

Priest overall is looking very bad for new Content:

Aspersion, Blessing and Sacrament can be bought with Pardoners and they last quite long so they’re somewhat useless on an actual Priest playing.

Ress and Monstrance can be obtained with only 1 rank of Priest which is what most people will need from Priests anyway.

Revive even though it’s really good, depending on build it might not be needed if you’ve other ways to help your party to not die (like Paladin or Druid).

Mass Heal is pretty good but Heal Tiles usually suffices (unless party has bad gear).

Exorcise is… just no (unless you’re Chap so you can use it with ME, it becomes somewhat decent).

Stone Skin is decent, but only 50% uptime and usually not needed since mobs don’t hit hard.

So overall since most builds usually have 1 rank free so they can pick anything they want, they can simply get 1 rank of Priest which is the most utility you’ll need from it or 2 ranks if you really want Revive, but don’t think it’s going to be worth it anymore focusing on Priest all the way, even if you can have lots of SPR you’re still going to get outclassed by Pardoners because of the duration so you’re left with the other skill that don’t scale with SPR (minus Mass Heal I guess) being the useful ones, making having SPR gear somewhat useless.

The future is looking pretty bad for us Priest mains :sad:

Which is why i’ll probably reset my chaplain into monk, or sadhu.

The bad joke they made with kabbalist “magic AA” put and end to every hope of the 4 ranks skill not being completely outclassed by enchanter 2

Better yet running Chaplain + Bokor.

Bokor’s Oguveve give a shet TON of damage to Zombies now in KTOS!

+50% max skill (+70% Divine might + gem~)