Tree of Savior Forum

[Full Support Build] Chaplain & Kabbalist Guide

Hello, my name is Alrazi (Alrazi on Klaipeda). I play pure support and still somehow manage to get #3 or higher in DPS. Here’s how I do it.

Content Table
• Usage
• Stats Overview
• Skill Build Overview
• Gear Recommendation

Usage
This build is used to help DPS players out in dungeons and ET. You boost their damage even further and give them the much needed survivability.

Stats Overview
Quite simply put, you want nothing but SPR. Safety Zone, Mass Heal, Revive, Revenged Sevenfold and Ein Sof give you all the durability you need. Blessing is your bread and butter skill, you do NOT need INT as the returns of pure SPR will beat pure INT 3:2 for Exorcise + Magnus Exorcismus.

Skill Build

Cleric Class
Heal (10): Essential in the early game for keeping yourself alive and your team alive. Later on, you’ll rely on Mass Heal a lot more, though this still has some uses in staggering enemies for Uphill Defense.
Safety Zone (10): Provides immunity to some knockback (later on bosses will just disregard this) and negates incoming damage. It’s just too useful for keeping yoursef and others alive.
Divine Might (5): One extra level in your skills, improving the effectiveness and/or duration of your buffs as well as the damage of your damage skills. Typically you’ll cast this before using any buffs or Ein Sof.
Fade (5): If you find yourself in trouble just pop this and run away. It’s actually VERY useful in those quests where you have to search something in the middle of a bunch of enemies. They won’t target you at all.

Now you might be asking why there isn’t a level in Cure for this build. Well that’s simple, once you hit rank 6 dispeller scrolls start getting used and there’s Oracles providing immunity anyway. At rank 7 Plague Doctors show up and make people immune to debuffs as well.

Priest Class
Monstrance (1): Gives everybody a significant increase in DEX and if you learn to abuse the range of it, it basically beats out Deprotected Zone in damage amplification anyway with the defense debuff.
Blessing (15): Yours will ALWAYS be higher than a Pardoner since they typically stop at Rank 7 and/or never actually do quests for those bonus stat points. At level 330 you will be increasing all damage types for physical and magic attacks alike. Remember to stock up on Holy Powder and keep an eye on everyone’s buffs. Some people will drain it out faster than others.
Resurrection (5): Another reason why you’re here. You’ll save people from spending Soul Crystals or losing out on gems.
Revive (9): If you see someone drop below half health suddenly, use this ability to make sure they just don’t outright die. Chaplain gets an attribute later that gives people under the effect block penetration so it has an actual use, even if the effect never activates.
Exorcise (5): A good damage skill. It’s great for the stagger it provides on regular enemies and the additional damage on bosses. Also contributes to the debuff slot for a friendly Plague Doctor.
Mass Heal (10): You’ll find yourself using this to heal targets more than you did with Heal. The AoE of it is impressive and it restores a large portion of health instantly. Can be used to keep objectives alive and beat the odds.

Stone Skin sucks after the change and is counterintuitive to Revenged Sevenfold. As for Sacrament, Pardoners will always beat you out they provide a longer duration and more damage through it.

Chaplain Class
Last Rites (5): Despite it not being YOUR Sacrament you still improve upon it and give people block penetration. There’s no reason to not use it, either.
Deploy Capella (5): I wish this skill did more, it basically sustains your Blessing and Monstrance as long as people run in and out of it. Don’t use this until after you cast Revenged Sevenfold or it’ll prioritize receiving the buff over an actual ally.
Magnus Exorcismus (5): Improves upon Exorcise. Doubles the stagger effect on regular enemies. Also contributes to the debuff slot.

Kabbalist Class
Revenged Sevenfold (4): This skill is actually incredible in both application for PvE and PvP. In PvE you give everybody a free hit and return damage back. This adds up against bosses with attacks that hit everyone. In PvP you just oneshot anyone with a build designed for killing players. It also has a chance to curse enemies making them take more magic damage.
Ein Sof (9): You only need to level this to 9 to provide the full SP restoration with Divine Might. Otherwise, if you toggle the attribute off you double their maximum health and healing received.
Merkabah (5): I was disappointed by the damage dealing aspect, it only ticks one time for that (335% MATK) and the collision only does (100% x 5 MATK). It’s more useful as a distraction and buff application.
Gematria & Notarikon (1): Core for your number skills. Check the enemy’s number with this first, then Notarikon. Whichever gives you the higher number you’ll want to stick with that for the fight since the duration is VERY long.
Reduce Level (5): A very underrated skill in PvE. This is an amazing initiation tool for bosses since you reduce their max health, damage dealt and increase the damage they receive.
Double Chance (5): This skill has a lot of misconception. At 5 points, you essentially reduce the next hit of damage by 50%. However, the number above their head multiplies the count of hits by that number. If the number above their head is 9, they’ll take 450% damage, so you’ll WANT to use it before a big burst of damage like Meteor or Twist of Fate. You need to have a 3 or higher to get any net gain at all.

Clone is a gimmicky spell that’s only useful for farming silver and killing bots/necros, but you need an Oracle in the build for that anyway.

Gear Recommendation
Valia - It is the best ‘economic’ hammer for this build (until someone finds out how to obtain Attilla). It adds 50 extra holy damage to each tick of Heal, Exorcise, Magnus Exorcismus, Revenged Sevenfold and Merkabah. Despite being a level 120 weapon, I can still outperform people.

Later on, when you have enough resources saved up you can pick the Solmiki Mace or Lolopanther Club since they contribute more damage, while providing other benefits.

Mod Recommendation
Hotkey Ability - This is absolutely essential for playing pure support. It lets you toggle Heal’s remove damage on the fly, as well as the speed of your Merkabah as well as whether or not you want to restore SP with Ein Sof or provide extra health.

1 Like

Pretty awesome that someone is still willing to play a full support type of char in this dps master race hehe.

One thing I notice though, how do you deal with debuff cleansing? I think that could be a problem later on since you don’t even have Cure to get rid of it and if you’re the only Cleric in your team this might become a problem.

I’d suggest if you want to go for an even more support route, exchange Chaplain for Oracle, you get debuff cleansing, Counter Spell for magic dmg inmunity basically and the rest is up to you, but Counter Spell and Prophecy would be needed maxed.

Just my suggestion, nice build regardless :slight_smile:

Thanks. I initially tried out Oracle, but I found that it was a bit lacking whenever we had someone in the group dipping into it anyway for Counterspell and Prophecy or if we had Plague Doctor. I feel more useful in a group as Chaplain since I put out damage with Magnus Exorcismus. I don’t think it’ll be necessary for myself if they ever fix status resistance with SPR, since I find myself just putting Safety Zone down on top of someone who gets frozen, slept or petrified anyway.

Oh thats quite a good idea to recommend an addon based on your build.

Keep this guide up~ and good luck!

Both Solmiki and Lolopanther Mace have more ele property attack than Valia, so something you may want to mention as end game ‘goal’ items for your build.

Good point, I corrected it to say Valia is a nice economic option until people can obtain those.

after patch, i’m falling in love with my clerics, pardoners, oracles, kabbas, chaplains and pd’s well they are amazing now, idk why but i’m enjoying the game even more when playing with then

Not to disrupt your idea of full support, but I think your build would be more ‘well-rounded’ with Kabba1 Inquis1.

Inquis1 has two excellent support abilities in Breaking Wheel and Malleus. Also the burn attribute would encourage you to fit 5 Aspergillum into your build for the auto-attack damage.

Breaking Wheel spreads all physical attacks on the wheel to all targets, giving it excellent synergy with those groups.
Malleus debuff adds the foes MATK to all lines of damage, so this along with blessing makes you integral for groups.

If you have a Falconer in your group, wait for circling and then use Malleus and it will damage all targets in circling as well as providing the debuff.

Honestly, compared to inquis1, I just don’t see Kabbalist 2 offering anything close to it in damage and utility.

I gave Inquisitor a try in pure support. It was very nice, however Kabbalist 2 provides full SP recovery and invulnerability to enemy attacks when near Merkabah. With how rare Dievdirbys has become it’s nice to provide these options to people too.

Perhaps if Kabbalist 3 and the ranked 9 options aren’t appealing to this build I might pick up Inquisitor just because of the utility it provides. I doubt they’ll let people level Breaking Wheel past 5 anyway and Malleus seems very solid.

Kabbalist Ein Sof sp restore is based on the HP bonus not just a % of the SP pool. Even with level 5 Ein Sof (+100% hp), split into +50% hp and SP restore, it would be restoring the same amount of SP as you gained in HP.

In higher levels of Ein Sof and a decent amount of HP, this means you are restoring 20,000+ SP, so it is definitely not required at high levels to restore 7000 SP pool of someone.

So this opens Kabbalist1 as options for more builds that are only interested in SP recovery.

Thanks for this guide! I’ll do kabbalist on my reset this time. Looks good, full support that can solo. I noticed ending with Miko and Inquisitor is kinda so-so for me. I end up not really using my skills.

I think maxing blessing is a mistake. Of course its scale great with spr and levels, but you can get the same buff from a pardoner with much more duration. I think its much better to invest those points into other skills. You said that a self cast blessing will always be better than a pardoner’s one, but i’m not sure about that. 15 points is a lot and you aren’t using the aspersion/aspergilum combo.

Last Rites (5): Despite it not being YOUR Sacrament you still improve upon it and give people block penetration. There’s no reason to not use it, either.

Yes, there is a reason not to use it. Buff slots. Priest c3 with chaplain and kabba is a really slot hungry class. Add a thauma or a chrono into your party and you will find yourself lacking the space for all the buffs.

I agree with you about stone skin. That ■■■■ sucks right now.

Maxing Blessing is a BIG deal right now, it gives you much more dmg, specially if you’re focusing on SPR, sure you can buy it from pardoners but most of the time the blessings ain’t that good and also even though the buff last 1h+ it doesn’t last that much because it has a lit limit before it worns off so you’d propably lose the buff when it still has 30-40 mins left in the buff because it hit that limit.

Yeah, true. I completely ignored the max hits aspect of the skill.

Yeah on my SR I blow through a pardoner blessing in about 3 minutes, lol

You don’t really need such a high level of Ein Sof to recover all SP.

Ein Sof also shouldn’t be used for recovering SP anymore since it’s pretty awesome to boost the amount of Healing recieved. If you play support, maxing it would be the best option for having the longest possible sustainability.

Put it on your tank or on yourself and watch how your Healing will soak up all that damage dealt. In that context, it’s also best not to activate the SP-recovery attribute because your base healing will be increased as well with the HP increement .

Level 10 Ein Sof adds 200% HP on top, meaning that the target has 300% of its original HP; this means that in contrast to when the SP recovery is active, your base healing power is not just doubled but also tripled, meaning the target will recieve 6 times the basic amount (in % of the original HP, e.g. 30% per Heal tile) and twice the bonus amount (based on your SPR&INT).

With the SP recovery-attribute active, the base healing value is just 4 times the normal amount. And if your target has low to no CON, every additional HP% is valuable.

Mass Heal e.g. at level 10 heals 28% normally. Under Ein Sof it recovers 112% to 168% of the targets original HP. Let’s say we have a no CON build with 18k HP, that would be 20,16k recovered with SP recovery and 30,24k without the attribute. Guess who lives longer? xD

While this may be a bug, you can have both the SP regen and the Healing attribute active at the same time, and it does work, or are you saying it works but it’s just less effective?

Pardoner buffs can only get you to around +440 damage. Some people may see that their pardoner blessing gives them +1840 above and thats because the buff doesn’t reset when you enter instances with a pardoner shop directly available outside of the instance entrance (although you have to reset your buff everytime you enter otherwise the second time you enter the blessing buff will reset and go back to 440).

A fully geared SPR priest can get their blessing up to 2k~3k per damage line.

I only say that it’s less effective. If you’re trying to support, you should get the utmost potential out of your skills.
60 seconds CD for a SP recharge is not really good, people who run out of SP can just buy the boosted level 15 SP pots and get some SP recovery boni via gear & SPR.

Chance is that they don’t even have remotely enough SP that it’s really worth putting Ein Sof down to recover their 2-3k SP anyway; just keep it off unless you’re soloing is the best approach towards the skill I believe.

Last Rites is not worth leveling to max. The default duration is already 2 minutes, and leveling doesn’t change its stats. You’re better off getting Aspergillium, so you can get an extra attack line and contribute some more DPS.