Tree of Savior Forum

Full spirit lycan build viable?

Is the crit damage bonus of zalciai that scales from spirit enough to make full spirit cleric c2 krivis c3 druid c3 viable?

I would say no. The only viable full SPR builds involve priest3 for blessing 15.

Exactly what Remiri said. The damage from our other skills will be terrible, and you wont crit often enough to justify only putting points into SPR for Zalciai crit attack. I would recommend putting most of your points into INT, some into CON (as everybody needs that), and some in SPR.

Please test a build before you tell someone no.

Just like I said to Remiri.

Yes it is a viable build. I run that build, except for Cleric 2 I have Diev 1.
Hereā€™s some pictures of proof (without gear on, besides weapons):

My stats normally
http://imgur.com/zvOKsmv

My stats in lycan
http://imgur.com/ZTqduQG

My stats in lycan with lvl 16 Zalciai (You should be able to get lvl 17 with Divine Might and Henge Stone together)
http://imgur.com/30Gp2vs

This kind of build has many uses and goes especially well with a physical damage party.

For more info:

3 Likes

All you have said is ā€˜it goes well with partyā€™ and ā€˜damage is goodā€™.

Where are YOUR tests, smartass? Please stop recommending shitty niche builds just cause you happened to waste your character making it.

2 Likes

Woah! Calm down, buddy o.o Heā€™s trying to be helpful

He could have just said his piece but instead decided to call me out. He gets what he deserves.

2 Likes

Omg, would love to see a video of your character in action

full spr priest3 druid3 is nice support

druid have decent damage if u have good weapon

drop priest3 to priest2 and get diev1 if u more damage

(wolf skill scaling are too low now, ktos already fix it)

Indeed I called you out. Which anyone would do when you give information that is not true. I believe what I said was true to its core and left as feedback for you. Unless you have tested it out, and for fact know that it is not viable?
If so my apology.

What I said was appropriate and didnā€™t have ill-content. As such I see nothing wrong with what I said.

Sure give me a bit.

As it stands you have yet to provide any information as well.

1 Like

Yes, please let us see your ā€œgood damageā€. All of your damage is coming from gear alone. Thatā€™s not very good damage. Thatā€™s just barely passable. You could write it off as a ā€œfull supportā€ build, but itā€™s not going to be able to top DPS in any dungeons.

Everyones damage comes mainly from gear after the balance updates.

Full SPR Lycan build is viable because of two points:

1. your SPR helps with SP Recovery/Potion Recovery to keep up the Lycanthrop and cast skills.
  2. Every stat except DEX/CON/SPR now gives you diminishing results as the game progresses. The better your gear, the less INT&STR affect your overall damage and the more you benefit from e.g. Evasion/Critdamage/Block/SP Recovery Rate instead.

I donā€™t understand why people still defend the base stats with their diminishing results if the Classes in the build do not benefit from them directly (e.g. Swordsmans Gung Ho) or indirectly (e.g. Sadhus Transmit Pranas additional damage based on minimum magic attack).

About Zalciai:
The critdamage is not so viable yet, but since the developers planned for more than 500 levels, itā€™s definetly going to become a thing in the future.
What makes the build good is the ability to negate ~90-100% of your enemies crit resistance, allowing you to make use of your base level crit rate which is usually completely negated by the base level crit resistance of enemies if theyā€™re around your level. This also makes crit damage more worthwhile as you crit more often.

However, do not forget that critrate also gets diminishing results from stacking due to the log formula and the limitation of Zalciai to negate only up to 170 crit resistance of up to 250/300(maxlevel/2,depending on the monsters and cap).

The problem I currently see is the complete lack of R9 information. Until we know whatā€™s coming, itā€™s hard to predict if the build is good.
Advancement into any of the new Classes or the Current Rank 8 Classes could be useful within certain settings, e.g. Breaking Wheel spreading your Lycanthrop skill damage/Malleus boosting your total overall damage/Taoist providing melee damage boost (Storm Calling; combo with Enchant Lightning for more damage?).

Itā€™s just too soon to see if anything is really viable (and it mostly depends on your gear anyway).

3 Likes

Here ya go. Iā€™m not the best geared/funded. I cut the recording after the boss due to the lag of recording.
My stats are roughly the same as the pictures in my previous post. Give or take 14 crit rate from hunting ground chest and some hp from gems.

Chill, my time does not revolve around you.

If you refer to the link that sends you to the druid thread that I so kindly provided a few posts back, you would notice the ā€œInformationā€ that I have so kindly provided.

Oh, does your damage not come from gear?

2 Likes

very good build. just require a better weapon +16 transcend level 10

doggeydoo approve build

3 Likes

the damage diffrence of full spr or full int isnā€™t all that much for druid aloneā€¦ werewolf skills
scale from both magical and physical attack meaning weapon has about 2x more influence it would another skill. Ofcourse carnivory stil benefits from intā€¦

my build is full spr druid, cleric c2 - bokor c3 - druid c3 focused on bwa (zombie dance)
does lack damage but i donā€™t believe going full int would really make that big of a diffrence.

PS, with skull smasher i get about 70 something con from enchanting armor (top/bottom/shield) and hp gets doubled upon druid transformation

good thing that werewolf have is faster mobility and durability

itā€™s an only cleric that can splint like swordman

werewolf also prevent knockback like pain barrier

double scaling make full spr druid3 viable

LOL any build is good with +16 trans 10. =)

Yeah I looked at it, it basically said that the build ā€˜does well with partiesā€™ and ā€˜does good damageā€™, so yeah no information. Thank you for actually providing some content to look at.

EDIT: Looked at the video. Priest3 Druid3 would be much more damage. All Krivis3 is offering you is additional crit damage, some of the time. You could be doing 1200+ more damage on each of your hits, as well as having additional support abilities that priest provides. Donā€™t forget about the hidden interaction between heal and blessing, as that is more damage you are missing out on by not going priest.

Not only are you doing less damage than priest3druid3, you have less support capability. Your build is worse in all aspects.

If you REALLY want the Zalciai interaction with SPR, then just go Cleric1 -> Krivis1 -> Priest3 -> Druid3. Best of both worlds.

Nice build.
It will get even better when druid buff comes out.

It works too for krivis 3, paladin 3.
But paladin needs some rework.

1 Like

Agreed, but only in this current situation/video. If I really wanted to I could have used Divine Stigma to increase my Str/Int, this in turn would further increase my damage/accuracy. Though accuracy is not really needed.

I could have also gained the added benefit of a Glass Mole or Chap card with an increased duration from the interaction of Melstis. Which would have been an even more significant increase in my damage potential.

If you look at the video again, I was doing 1200+ more damage. I had Pardoner buffs on. Blessing was giving me 1387 bonus damage. Sacrament was giving me 457 (donā€™t remember exact).

Solo wise I was getting all the benefits of being a Priest 3, Druid 3, as well as the added benefits of being Krivis 3.

Speaking of which, I donā€™t know if its a bug or not, but every Pardoner Shop I go to seems to be scaling its buffs off my own Spr. (Mabye Iā€™m just crazy).

You are right about this part. Yes I lack the ability to give the whole party blessing and sacrament, which, can be an overall decrease in damage depending on party composition. I also do lack the ability to revive and mass heal.

This I will have to disagree with you on. This can be done without going Priest. All you need is blessing, which can be obtained from a Pardoner.

This is false due to yet again, Pardoner buffs being available. This compounds on top of the ability to increase my Str/Int and crit viability.

This is true. Nothing can beat the sweet need for Resurrection and Revive (when itā€™s needed). Dead dps deal no dps.

Iā€™m not saying my build is the end all be all best. Iā€™m not even saying to copy my buildā€¦ Far from it, I rather you not copy my build and let me be that special snowflake. What I am saying is that it is a viable build path with its own uses.

You canā€™t only look at a build and only think of one scenario where it works. If that was the mindset, than a majority of builds wouldnā€™t be ā€œviableā€.

I mean no ill. Just wanted to clarify on things.

1 Like