Tree of Savior Forum

Full Damage Shinobi PvE Only

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Decided to take the Sword C2, Barb C2, Corsair C2 then will see what happens from there :slight_smile:

Make sure you go swordsman 3. Shinobi shadow clones can only use swordsman skills (such as double slash, bash, etc.).
Double weapon assault also applies to shadow clones.

C2: Swordsman
C3: Swordsman
C4: ??
C5: Corsair
C6: Corsair
C7: Shinobi

Swordsman 3 is a waste don’t intend on doing that

As expected from someone with a guy fawkes mask avatar

I don’t build into any damage skills in Swordsman only buffs, damage skills come from Barb & Corsair so would be pointless to go further into Swords

Yeah, Double slash is only 3 overheats of 1200% ATK + 6,360 and only 2400% atk + 12,720 against bleeding targets with shadow clones. Pointless.

Lets go through the pro’s and cons then:

Pro: what you said

Cons: Losing out on C2 Barb skills Warcry, Seism, & Frenzy + 10/10 cleave

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You could do that, or you could just put more points in concentrate to increase the amount of +126 damage hit charges you get. Double slash is +232 from concentrate and only uses 1 charge.
With any source of cooldown reduction you can even spam all your double slashes twice during 1 use of shadow clone.

Barbarian does not really compete.

So isn’t Shinobi a hidden class? If it is, does anyone even know how to get it?

Okay we should talk about this.

Fact of the matter is while the damage is potentially really and consistently good, it’s pretty gimmicky.

For one thing you have gimp damage outside of clones, and when you do have clones up, you’re extremely fragile (especially if you’re running 5/5 for maximum gimmick-iness). Your entire life is basically hinged on keep clones up, and when they’re up, you run the risk of dying to a mean stare in your direction.

The is partially the reason many people are branching to different class paths leading to Shinobi. It’s part wanting more reliability outside of a single skill, and part desire to utilize a more versatile skill set.

I think ultimately, if you’re not going to run this gimmick, the best alternatives are any combination of the c2-c3s of Barb, Corsair, or Highlander…completely depending on your preference/play style.

I’m building Dragoon which once more info is availble I may instead go Shinobi. Right now my plan is sword pel hop2 cor2 ( Dragoon / Shinobi ) This build is PVE PARTY focused and I will likely be carrying at least 2hand spear 1hand spear dagger shield.

I see way too many people looking to avoid multiple weapon use but at the end of the day you have to to min max. I will say it again a lot of the comments seem to be in a solo vacuum situation. People need to think more about party play rather than XYZ build = leet peen hax damage.

I’ll take my utilty and comparable damage to the bank all day tyvm. DPS check, Party Buffs check, Ability to go tank check, Ability to off tank check. Versatilty as a jack of all trades and not really losing out much to the “Masters” considering I don’t PvP at all I take no account of PvP capabilty.

Let me ask you two things, please:
1 - Why everybody want use corsair before shinobi? He cant use greatsword is that it?
2 - Dex is for clones this I know, but its for anything else? Influense in Shuriken?

Can I do a shinobi without focus on shadow clones? I want to focus on Katon no Jutsu that use str (I know make no sense, but its phisical attack).
What your opinion.

But katon is meant to be used with clones. The issue with shinobi is that solo, no clones, you are not seeing the damage. Mijin is another thing that works well with clones (if you don’t kill yourself). It is like going rank 2/3 cor and NOT gettign hexen or Dopple and not getting Deeds, yeah you can do it but not the optimal build.

Really there is just not enough testing and information to say what the optimal build is. The only real thing known now is that Shinobi can roll a boss with clones and a sword3 build. However it takes a setup and can easily get you killed. Half the reason I’m in no rush right now is so that I can let others flesh out Shinobi and dragoon and get more solid info to work with.

you can but its underwhelming, the shinobi most strong kills are bunshin and kunai, at the momento the Shinobi class its really too weak compared to others rank7 classes, yeah the bunshin have a crazy damage with 5 clones but the disavantages are too risky, i mean i like the idea of the shinobi class but i think its really weak and have bad set of skill for a Hidden class.

Btw a lot of ppl go for the route of corsair for the buffs i think, you dont pick that circle for “damage” or “skills damage” you want skills to buff your damage to burst with Bunshin.

so, does it mean that all buffs can apply to clones too?

yeah, the idea of building a shinobi its that you are limited to “damage skills” from the swordman and shinobi class, but you can have all the buffs from every class, i mean, you can have buff from other classes but can´t use skills meanwhile you are with the clones.

1 Like

well you did went a retarded build so what did you expect?