Tree of Savior Forum

FS cleric, why?

I see priest > PD > oracle is number 1 build on top 100 rankings. Is this build even playable solo? Do parties endgame need so much support? Seems like to me all you would need is priest for mass heal, phy def buff and rez then anything else is up in the air. Oracle makes sense for group dmg increase but I don’t understand the PD choice. Is it used for DoT damage and then moda, status cures and knockback immunity just a added benefit? Why wouldn’t you take say exo for added group dps to make time to kill in a group faster and not such a hard time when solo.

Also is just priest enough to support a dungeon?

Edit spelling

Yep, its playable solo. PD has quite a bit of dmg via incinerate + agny necklace and alongside oracle’s dmg increases.

Though that’s probably not quite why it is popular, as for some reason the closest thing to actual full support (with 0 dmg skills usually) is always high in the top 100 rankings.

But to be fair, PD’s move speed and healing factor for 1 are also quite nice tbh, but its prevention skills are far more beneficial for PvP. (Where oracle is a bit meh atm tbh.)

Priest is enough to heal a party, and arguably is often already overkill on its own. And yeah it can be combined with just about any dps options as well.
Though it needs a certain amount of spr to work well, but gear can fix that.

Exo/Oracle/Priest is also a very good option ofc.

1 Like

@Wurmheart

Thanks for the insight. Im running inquisitor > zealot > Druid but I always like to help others in mmos, expecially when I get to endgame so I was thinking of swapping some classes around but I still play solo so I wanted a option that wouldn’t gimp me. Feels like a waste to not heal a bit when playing cleric because your the class that does it so well.

I used to play back on launch as a diev which I found cool carving statues to buff people and healing everyone but back then leveling was much harder and having buffs and heals was a huge help.

Although I do like the dps I’m dealing as this setup I am now I feel like I’ll be missing a big part of playing a cleric if I don’t take priest to heal and experience that. Just don’t want to not be able to farm silver or items for any alts I want by taking a too heavy support role.

Also big thank you to yourself because you’ve answered so many of my personal questions on cleric as well as many other peoples. Your the real MVP of the cleric community.

Edit: Someone in another post mentioned swapping into priest > zealot > inquisitor with 2H hammer for a 60/40 dps/heal and take plate armour with a mix of spr/str. Would this be viable ?

Almost all end game raid will “need” a priest for the best party interest. Unless you go full dps your dps is really outshine by other class. If you go full dps then you are NOT a healer. Priest is a one rank wonder that makes you a healer and the rest two ranks can be whatever you enjoy the play, but oracle and PD are the few most popular supports out there. Trust me once you try PD with that “running like bitch” buff, you can’t live without it.

Heh ya modaifil speed buff was really good. I tried PD out with a exo> PD>Druid build in the class change event and I only used that one skill in PD kit. Spray and Incinerate were decent but I found they missed a lot in targeting. That speed buff was SOO good though.