Tree of Savior Forum

Frost Pillar Problem

As you can see in the video, half of the mobs escape from the frost pillar within sec, and it happens all the time. There are some extreme cases where almost the whole group of mobs do not get affected by the frost pillar.

I don’t remember I had any problem with it during ICBT2 time, and from some other cryo videos that I have seen, none of them is having the same issue (or at least as bad). I wonder if it’s because I am currently playing in Australia and the latency actually affect how frequent the frost pillars pull the mobs in, just like the auto attack speed.

Does any of you have the same issue?

This happens to me all the time and its very frustrating. I wish I could put it down so i could charge up my snowrolling, but nope. Half the mobs just walk right out of it most of the time. Sometimes all of them.

Occasionally it works great, but that’s rare.

I’m going runecaster and i was hoping i could use frost pillar and then charge up one of those 8 second cast time attacks, but it doesnt look like that going to work out too well.

No idea if this is intended :confused: Are you playing from outside US as well?

No, i’m in the east coast US, so pretty close to the servers.

I’m playing from SEA and this problem didn’t show up to me. Atleast, not yet.

I get this problem too sometimes but I’m not sure why.

I’m from the USA (Midwest) x.x

Playing from SEA. Frost pillar is literally close to useless and this is a c3 skill. Fix this ASAP please.

It’s not a bug, frost pillar has two parts: a pull (movement restriction) and a low chance to freeze (status effect). The pull itself is actually not that hard to walk out of, but less noticeable for mobs than players. I tested it with someone and he said it was easy to walk around in it, and the pull rate is once every second apparently. I think the freeze is way more than 1%, unless it’s refreshing very quickly, maybe 10-20 times per second? Either way it’s kinda underwhelming but still very useful.

Well, i think they need to improve it. Make it not work in pvp, i dont care. Mobs shouldnt be able to just walk out like nothing happened imo

You could just ice pike or ice bolt after frost pillar, that’s what i do and that is usually enough to keep them from running out. Also in a party when the mobs are constantly getting staggered, they don’t really have a chance to get out. The freezing chance is actually not that low and if you cc/stagger them a bit in the beginning they will get stuck frozen most of the time.

I want to be able to put it down and charge snowrolling or rune of destruction though.if even one mob makes it out its impossible :frowning:

Its actually not too much of a problem if im in a party though.

Yup I know how you feel ;w; my original plan was to go runecaster with cryo3, thinking that I could frost pillar then cast my 8s runes. it would have been the only way to use runecaster outside of wiz3, but the reality is runecaster is bad without wiz3 so I recommend to not try it ^^;

@Staff_Julie is this a bug, or the skill is working as intended? plz give us an answer, cus i just got cryo 3 and the skill is really worse than i thought it would be

frost pillar does no dmg, only pull. if the pull is bad, so the skil is bad lol