Tree of Savior Forum

Frenzy + DWA worth?

Hello people!

This skills work together? Frenzy only apply with Basic Attack, or with skills too?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

UP!

Rly need to know before reset my char!

Hai, let me explain to you:

Frenzy only builds stacks with basic attacks but the stacks work for all attacks/skills since it increases your physical attack.

Not sure if it builds stacks with DWA, as I have never tested that combination, but I know it doesn’t work with Ram Muay stance from Nak Muay (only 1 stack per attack, even if it deals 2 hits).

Frenzy works much better than other buffs/debuffs (i.e. Deeds of Valor) since as I stated before, it increases your physical attack which normally results in a much better damage boost than buffs or debuffs that increase damage by a % (Cleave, Zwercchau, Spear Lunge, etc).

Those buffs/debuffs, in the majority of them, are applied as Group 2 modifiers, which mean they add up instead of multiplying eachother when stacked together (exception: Wild Nature stacks that increase Barbarian skills dmg).

For example:

• Zwercchau increases damage with slash attacks by 80%
  • Cleave increases damage with slash attacks by 50%
  • However, when using both Zwercchau + Cleave you’ll get 80% + 50% = 130% more damage, instead of 1.8 * 1.5 = 170% more damage.

Frenzy increases your base atk, which means it multiplies all other modifiers you have. Mathematically, +30% atk from 20 frenzy stacks means +30% final damage while +50% slash damage from Cleave may or may not mean +50% final damage, depending wether there are other modifiers already being applied (usually it’s much lesser, since we also need to factor in mob’s defense).

When using skills with frenzy stacks, you do not lose your stacks, even if you have the Rank 3 barbarian attribute disabled.

1 Like

Hello, having Barb2 Cor2 I can confirm, yes, Frenzy & DWA works.
For Nak Muay I think it doesn’t work because it is a single attack, but with two hit animation. While DWA is two attacks.

2 Likes

DWA is never worth. 0 point skill unless you want to roleplay then go for it

Corsair auto attack more or less 80% < enchanter auto attack (+ attributes) around 700%