Tree of Savior Forum

Frame rate problems

I dont really know if this should be here but idk where else to put it. I have an nvidia gforce gtx 860m so im using a gaming laptop though i thought this game would run at 60fps because i can run blade and soul at 50-70 fps and here its like 30fps and idk what’s causing this, im also using windows 10. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.

I disable vsync ingame and have 100+ fps now.

doesnt work either, i turned off vsync i made sure my laptop is running with the nvidia gpu instead of integrated and i unchecked every graphics stuff so no high graphics or whatever and still nothing. still runs with like 20-30 and without vsync i get horrible screen tearing.

bump, cause i need help lol

old post of mine from long ago, its to make low end machines play smoother, im sure yours can handle full 1920 x 1080 resolution

1 Like

Sorry I wish I had some better fixes for you other than adjusting in game graphics :frowning:

I found this tidbit on reddit, altho I’m not sure how helpful it’ll be:

I have also heard of some odd issues with Nvidias most recent update for their driver, so perhaps a last ditch effort may be reinstalling the previous version for the gfx card?

bump. I seriously think this game cant detect our dedicated graphics card. instead of using the dedicated one its using the integrated one. Heck if you look it up at your NVIDIA control panel the auto select default is the integrated one. If you check RO it is the same too. Coincidence? Maybe lol. I hope they fix this ASAP.

Also having the same problems. Running with AMD and no setting has seemed to help. I also tried that thread’s method linked by Chagrin… it did not help. :frowning: I am runnign 1024x768 windowed with vsynch on, low settings, but I have a good pc that can run really well in other games so I do not understand why this one is getting so many issues with so few options to fix it.

thats really terrible to play and ruin my game, im really pissed every few steps my fps drops and get back to 100.
Friend of me got same problem, he is also really sad…

I just fiddled some with my AMD settings through the control center, outside of the game. I forced it to override the game settings in the following, and my FPS is better than it was:
OpenGL buffering ON
Surface Format Optimization ON
Tesselation Level 64x (avail after selecting override)
anti-alias mode set to override, 2x

…hope that helps someone.

I have a MSI notebook with i7 4720hq, 16gb RAM and 960m GPU, can run Dota2 full graphics with 100+ fps and TOS cant run on 60+? This is awful to play.

30-55 fps max on every map. 20 with more people.

I hope IMC will repair this, its impossible to play with this configuration.

the link yodish92 posted actually worked for me sure i can’t alt-tab but my frames are now from 60-100 which is awesome and huge thanks to you for linking me that.

The solution about “Bitsperpixel=16” works incredible fine for me. I pass from 50 fps to 150 max. Still 30-40 on town with people.

1 Like

i’m using the lowest setting and still fps is quite low
i guess having a mac laptop doesn’t help at all