Tree of Savior Forum

Frame Rate Issues

It seems this game isn’t optimized for the current DirectX versions.

Top level rigs, adequate space and GPUs that can process Diablo and SC2 at 60FPS ultra settings is having framerates jump from 10 - 40 on this game, even in unpopulated areas.

Yeah, the game still running with Dx9 and 1 core CPU.
You can force it run with dx11 by add launch option -dx11 for the game.

1 Like

I don’t have this problem im at 60

Does this speed up the frame rate? Also, how do I add the launch in DX11 function?

Yeah, my FPS was 10-20 at town, but now it’s 30+

2 Likes

Thank you sir! I will try this tonight.

Yeah the game engine seems to be fairly outdated.

Other issues I’m having are the fact that your mouse cursor isn’t locked to the screen, so if you have more the 1 monitor like me accidently clicking outside the game will cause it to tab out. Also the inability to rebind keys to whatever you want among other things. There is a lot of features that are expected in a modern day game that aren’t here.

The optimization code commands didn’t really help much…I guess I gotta stick with crappy framerate for the beta and can’t do much about it.

If you fixed the IPF issue, you can always choose to either run windowed, or do the edit to the user.xml that changes Resolution Mode to 0 (True fullscreen. The checkbox in game is actually fullscreen windowed, which lets the rest of Windows use the graphics processing power for whatever)

You’ll get a moderate boost to frames.