Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) :
4/9/2018 (GMT + 8)

Server Name:
Telsiai

Team Name:
Siegfried
Character Name:
Lancer

Bug Description : I’m currently experiencing issues while moving with my character. The screen keeps stuttering every 2 seconds while maintaining a high fps (40-60). I’ve tried almost all the solutions on the forum but to no avail. I noticed that this only happens to one of my characters. it wasn’t like this before. the moment i reached a certain level (218). but weirdly it doesn’t happen while my inventory is open. Please help i don’t want to play this game while my inventory is open at all times, it just ruins it for me.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Log-in
  2. Walk/Run

See if it persists after today’s Maintenance, it’s bringing over optimization improvements and potentially other fixes.

1 Like

I have the same issue … mine is related to the old starter city in Orsha tho.

@Rizbo
Still now?
Please update us it after today maintenance :slight_smile:

It’s still happening the optimization improvements is a bust,nothing changed sadly…sigh again failing to deliver your promises.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Located Canada
Internet Connection Speed: 15.28 Mbps
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
DirectX Version DirectX 12

1 Like

i had same issue but after second minipatch game working fine and even better than before

1 Like

If there is no general fix for this, is there a specific solution that i can do with my account/client/character? My issue might be inventory/quest UI related since the suttering stops when i open my inventory which hides the quest UI.

I really would like to continue playing despite the horrible optimization issues.

Just a thing I would try, check if there isn’t any corrupted files using steam . Maybe it can help a bit

1 Like

You most likely can’t solve it by yourself if the issue isn’t on your end but on your account. But it’s worth a try if could verify files or test what people did before.

If today’s patch doesn’t fixes it try answering to the STAFF post or sending a ticket that it’s still not fixed, with all details, and, if possible, upload a video for clarity.

I somehow managed to fix it by simply sitting down (Insert button). I don’t have any idea at all why that worked, but it did.

Hello Amy it’s still happening unfortunately!
It might be a old issue regarding picking Orsha as starter city.
I can’t find the old thread anymore there was a user with exact the same issue. Theres NO fix for now, staff sent compensation so the customer was able to re done the character in Klaipeda Starter City within hours (eventually a old player knows the old thread link here please). ALL my other character are fine , stable fps no issues.

I would like to upload a video with 2 of my character afk in Saalus map. But I need help with video editing , may some one lend me a hand ? I would send you the videos asap. Thanks in advance. :pray:t4::slight_smile:

Hi!

For the video, try to do this:
0) Close the game.

1. Cut all addons from “data” directory and put them somewhere else. (Clean screen + ensure the issue isn’t related to addons.)
  1. Hide the chat window with ESC if needed.

2. Press F12 and let the game record.

3. Get the file on “avicapture” directory, upload to any video hosting service. Post the video.

4. Close the game and put the addons back to “data”.

For editing there isn’t much to explain, try to find a guide with images or video for the tool you’re using. Even Windows Movie Maker that came with previous windows versions would do the job for what you probably need.

I hope this helps, it’s a pretty basic answer but there’s really no mystery. Once you try it you’ll see that it’s pretty simple.

@marcarlinghaus

During the weekly maintenance of April 10, 2018, we took steps to improve TOS’ gameplay experience throughout the servers. And we are continuously working on it.
Specifically, we implemented a client performance optimization patch in order to reduce lag issues and improve frame update processing times.
Regarding your issue, currently, we are working on it.
We hope that will be fixed soon. :wink:

Aha! I finally found the topic. :prince:

So the big client optimization patch was released April 10, 2018. I remember having very fun times playing last spring before my annual summer holidays, and it was probably the best experience I had with the game. No lag, no freezes, no crashes. Unfortunately, r10 was released late August/early September, and since then it has been a nightmare. I’ve said it many times before, and I’ll say it again: the r10 update rollbacked that April 10 optimization patch. I don’t understand why nobody ever checked if that was really the case…

I thought i was alone on this sad sad plight.