Tree of Savior Forum

Fps drop gtx titan x

Seriously? in a 2d game?

this game has the worst optimization ever and seems the imc doesnt care

Jup becauser its an MMO and your graphicscard hasn othing to do here.
Infact your g-card is too good for the game. And ontop its an korean MMO they tend to fail the CPU usage so tehy only use 1 core.
And yes to improve your fps here u have to increase ur CPU output :confused:

This thread has concluded that it’s probably network related. i.e the CPU / GPU is waiting on the network to draw frames.

Forum staff has already notified Dev about this issue. Rest assured it’s being worked on.

As stated above, this game has some really bad optimization.
This game runs on DX9// this game only use 1 Core.

One thing that have helped people(including me) is changing the 32bit color to 16bit, i had about 20 fps increase. It’s worth a try.

You can change the color setting in your user.xml located in your ToS folder.

Game doesn’t use multi-threading.

So yeah, your Titan X might as well be a 40 dollar 4000 series intel integrated card.

(Next time maybe get a gaming card too, instead of one designed for large scale testing/multi-thread applications such as dramatic mathematical simulations. Not really a good gaming card.)

If you have an old 950 lying around, you would probably get better performance. (Has better single thread tech and drivers.) (or any 900 series. really)

But, yeah. Game is fairly poorly optimized all in all.

because it’s a 2d game, your graphics card is irrelevant

They are actual 3D models I believe. They are just shaded to look 2D.

I thought this as well. Turns out, that’s wrong. Check out:

It’s a DirectX 9 game, you could have a GTX Titan Over 9000 XXX an it’s still going to perform like a cripple.