Tree of Savior Forum

🦊 [Dragoon C3] Theorycraft Builds Thread

Is it confirmed that crossguard from hl can now be used with spear? If so, is it only for 2h or as well as for 1h spears?

where did you get that information? link please.

Cross Guard is still 2H Sword exclusive:

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/10204

No i was just reading around here and i think ive read (misread? ) and misunderstood the guy.

Okay sorry guys for the weird question i re read it and i misunderstood it. He said its the weapon switching so im guessing its the 2h sword then cross guard to trigger the stagger for pierce damage and the combo. My bad.

1 Like

It would be nice if that happens, crossguard synergizes well with pierce which is spear specialty aside from the hard CC it provides.

Would be nice to have a physical blocking/parrying mechanic for 2H spears, even if not as strong or more reliable as shield block (e.g. have a reasonable cooldown or parry chance so it can’t be spammed mindlessly). Crossguard would have been the closest thing we have for that if only it’s usable with 2h spear.

Yeah was really hoping something like that happens

Or they could give Swordsmen auto-switch like what Archers have. Still, kinda stupid if you imagine it though - you already have a 2H spear but you still have to bring out your 2h sword in order to parry then switch back to 2h spear to use your spear moves. I’ve never seen a war or fantasy movie/show/anime where someone brought both a 2h spear and a 2h sword to war/duel.

1 Like

Also the block is pretty good (not Murmillo good but still nice) and Synchto Thrust is strong, ofc not as strong as the future Stabbing but still does well

Didn’t they nerf shield block already so now it sucks unless you’re murmillo/hoplite and it also has a cooldown in PvP?

It’s kinda bad already for me lol…(but yes was amazing before nerf, alongside how full dex meant you could evade most hits)

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111444fhh.3f4a5f85.1f213f6579.14213545.1a31435a7185

can you guys tell me if its better to go for goon c3 instead of lancer c2?

Yeah, I was pertaining to HopMurm’s block.

If ever 2h spear would have a block/parry mechanic, I wouldn’t want it to get near the level of HopMurm’s as that would defeat the purpose of balance.

IMO though HopMurm is still kinda imba in the damage department too. Not sure if they should nerf it, but they definitely should do something about improving damage with 2h spear to at least be on par, if not better than 1h+shield considering you’re sacrificing defense for it.

Hopefully R9 does exactly that.

As an aspiring hop3 when the new update hits us, what do you guys think about maxing as a 1h spear and shield user hop, synchro thrust or stabbing?

It will be worst in R9 knowing that there will be 3 socket shields which cancels and even outclasses the extra sockets from 2H weapons, while 2H attack advantage is fixed to a stagnant 1000+ overshadowed by shield options and exponential defense growth. It is very evident when they released 2H maces, RC price went down so quick knowing that the tradeoff is not worth it.

They should scale anvil growth for 2H weapons to balance the tradeoff and implement inate options for 2H like % PDEF penetration for 2H bows, % block penetration for 2H spear and mace, and % MDEF penetration for 2H staff while retain the % block for shields.

For future content, stabbing for goon variant while still syncrho thrust for murm variant.

1 Like

Unless you are murmnillo, Stabbing and pierce will have much better dps with the new rework.

Alright thanks guys. How does that extra damage for synchro thrust trigger btw and how much it adds?

It just adds a +50% damage mod that stacks addictively with other debuffs.

Also, that extra 50% part does not apply to the extra damage from crits. Should be unintended tbh.

Hi! Totally new to Hop-Goons -> clueless on stats. Build is either Sword-Pelt-Hop2-Cor2-Goon3 or Hop3-X-Goon3. High Dex seems like a natural choice to take advantage of Finestra - perhaps even full Dex? Or should I not go as extreme and do something like ~200 Dex and the rest in Str? I’m a casual PvE player.

Thanks!

You’ll want to assess how each stat benefits your build.

DEX

• Evasion = not useful for Hop2/3 builds because of Finestra’s Evasion penalty
  • Block Penetration = ok-ish for PVE, mostly needed for PVP
  • Crit Attack = really good considering the build has lots of multi-hit and a few burst skills
  • Attack Speed = I don’t see any good use for it considering HopGoon is all about skill rotations, rarely auto-attacking, and the ASPD increase for some skill animations isn’t so great

STR

• Physical Attack = it’s a nice bonus considering the build has lots of multipliers, but gear still overshadows it
  • Accuracy = ok-ish for PVE, mostly needed for PVP

If you ask me, for a purely casual PVE build, 2 DEX : 1 STR, or as you said 200 DEX with rest on STR, is good enough.