Tree of Savior Forum

🦊 [Dragoon C3] Theorycraft Builds Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQw9yHmnUJQ Another video i found

1 Like

Gae Bulg is fake multi. I meant that your max damage will still be 777777 because of that.

It won’t be two lines of 777777. I thought about this way before rank 9 reveals lol.

1 Like

wow Dragoonc3 in ET so insane dps. but that build he used so wierd sw1 hi2 hop2 dop dragoon3 right ?

Insane dps ? no. Good ? yes if you have double pass, like in that video.

New skill is awesome, but it has 50 seconds cooldown. It cant carry an et pt alone. Your other skills are literally nothing when facing a mob of monsters. Look how many monsters Gae Bulg hits, 4 ? Great aoe atk ratio! /sarcasm.

I would go with doppels that have 18sec cd punish with heavier cyclones all day long.

1 Like

No need to make it a fight, personally I’ll just max out my Dragoon3 because it’s “fun”.

About the build, yes, going Dop1 just for Cyclone seems awkward. The classic
sw1-pelt1-hop3-dop1-dragoon3 I’ve seen some play with could have potential, but more so for farming, since Double Pay Earn works well with Dragon Fall. Hop3 works well with one-handed spears.

For pure dps, the sw1-hl3-hop2-dragoon3 build mentioned earlier in the thread will probably be better.

1 Like

No, no im not offensive here.
I am a Dragoon main myself, Im just salty that it didnt get what it deserved.
They made the “Slash” skill best dps skill of the tree, left dragon tooth with 2.4sec charge time, gave it an aoe to make everyone think its ok now. I still think its way behind Murm and Doppel.

2 Likes

Ok, I can agree with all that. I also hoped the helmet would buff Hoplite/Cataphract, since they’re on the weaker side. I guess they probably will buff them later, which ironically would buff the MurmNobi build more.

What do you think of Dethrone damage with the helmet? As one of my favorite skills in the game, I’d like if it had good damage again, like before the damage rework happened…

Dragoon still needs work. I agree with @eralp96.

There are still fundamental problems with the class. C1+C2 are still incredibly weak, Gae Bulg still has its horrific hitbox and attack location, charge time on Dragontooth, slow animation of Serpentine, the new helmet is unnecessary and just another buff to cast (in addition to ruining cosmetics), Dragoon in general also suffers from average AOE, and bad hitboxes on some skills.

I’m definitely still looking forward to Dragoon 3, and the class at C3 has had a great improvement balance wise, but we can’t ignore these problems, the primary solution employed to fix Dragoon was just increasing damage at C3 instead of dealing with the problems that have plagued the class since R7.

1 Like

The helmet is embarassing. Just make it a passive and call it a day. Noone wants to look fugly for more damage.

1 Like

Hoplite, Cataphract and Dragoons just got buffed a lot:

So there’s more options now, even for mounted versions of Dragoons

Ok, so let’s break down these changes:

Hoplite:

• Stabbing, Pierce and Long Stride brought up to Dragoon c2 equivalent damage. Can now use these in your rotation when Dragoon c3 skills are on cooldown.
  • Long Stride has added utility and ease of use (stun, +targets, +range) but due to its relatively longer cooldown, animation and knockback, it’ll still be used for utility rather than damage purposes.
  • Spear lunge -4 sec cooldown is nice, increases overall dps slightly.

Cataphract:

• Acrobatic Mount (c2) is lv 10 max at Cata c3, giving +50% damage but with +100% sp cost. This brings Earth Wave and Doom Spike up to Dragoon c1 equivalent damage, however the sp cost is too much. Earth wave lv 15 = 224 sp with 3 overheat = 672 sp to spam 3 hits, too expensive and still very weak percentage wise. Definitely not for PVE.
  • Rush will benefit most from Acrobatic Mount, but damage is still weak unless you can get many hits in (hard in PVP unless you have teammates who can provide cc like kinos, cryos, etc.).
  • Impale + Shock (from Dragon Soar) might be nice if the shock debuff procs, but it’s a chance proc. The other Shock debuff is from Highlander’s Crown but it is awkward to fit Highlander in a Catagoon build since there are better classes to choose.

Dragoon:

• Dragon Soar’s overheat increase is very nice for both PVP and PVE. The damage increase for flying enemies is probably best in PVP.
  • Dragontooth’s buff ironically works best with 2H spears (cata). Ignoring 50% of enemy’s defense is much better than +10% critical damage. The cast time reduction finally makes this skill worth taking. This skill boost would be more noticeable in PVP.
  • Dethrone animation buff is nice, mainly noticeable in PVP.
5 Likes

this is the much needed buff, finally.

So Cross Guard now can be used with spear, two hand spear and rapier? yes please

Of course not.

Where did you get that info?

I change my mind, I’m reseting and rolling this if the patch drops with no major changes.
:satisfaction:

Can you share the skill/stats distribution that you have in mind by now? I think I’ll follow the same build path xd

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134446fff.233555.35.1f3f5171.b5.1c21354b5a7581

This is a basic gist of what I’m thinking of… but I still need to look into hoplite3 skills a bit more, and maybe r2 options (Swash seems great, but Sw2 would give better buffs and the option of Sw3 at r10 if there’s no other good options at the time).

As for stats, none of the skills have a dex-speed modifier… so probably the usual 50 Con and full Str.

2 Likes

Tentative skill build for my cata-goon: (doesn’t include the latest buffs yet)
https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#1113777fff.11234a5a6571.14213545.112f3f415865.112c314f5a7581

Playing it safe and putting 1 point in skills I won’t use or are only there for utility.

Pretty sure the significant buff to dragon soar would really help my DPS. It went from 1 overheat to 3 overheat and now it also does like twice the hits? Really liking the new dragon soar now. I’m thinking dethrone into steed charge into 3x dragon soar might be good for PvP.

They also listed dragon soar in the list of skills to benefit from the new “fake” multi hit change…which is kind of confusing because I thought dragon soar is a true multihit.

It is, but the new attribute counts as a fake multi-hit.

Dragoon skills are a mix of true and false multihits. And the fake multihits on goon don’t work like most other fake multi.

Most Dragoon skills are 3 true multihits of fake multi.

Usually on a fake multi, when you miss or get blocked, the game will show only one miss or block.

However, on Dragoon, it shows all the miss and blocks for each individual multihit. This is most obvious on Serpentine, which is 3 true multi of 2-3 fake multi each.

Also, I made a google sheet based off the new hoplite changes to show the new skill factors.

Not sure if I got anything wrong but it seems about right for me. Just make a new copy of the file and edit the blue cells.

3 Likes