Tree of Savior Forum

🦊 [Dragoon C3] Theorycraft Builds Thread

Rank resets are still bugged on ktest so I don’t dare to reset my Dragoon right now.
But Frenzy still needs to be stacked with autos unlike spear lunge which is instant, so IDK how I feel about that. I could try it once they fixed Rank resets I guess.

Also, regarding the theorycrafted builds, all dragoons are better off with a Wingshard + Emenshield, even with the new 350 Oranges. Wingshard’s bonus ATK on Medium and Large mobs makes it outperform RHP and the new 350 orange practonium 1h spear, even with trans included. This is especially so for PvP, for PvE it may differ due to Dragoon’s Large/Boss type mods from the passive.

Assuming all anvils enhancements are +11 and ignoring Dragoon’s Passive,
Only on T9, a RHP does slightly better than a Wingshard on medium mobs.
On T4, Wingshard is on par with the new 350 spear on medium mobs.
On T5, Wingshard is on par with the new 350 spear on large mobs.

If you are a catagoon, the 350 orange 2h spear is best for you since you can procc the -800 pdef easily with rush.

Note that as a hoplite 3 goon, you have easy access to Level 18/19 Finestra which gives you a lot of block. This is especially beneficial to Wingshard + Emenshield users as none of the hop3 goon skills scales with attack speed except double slash and you will be full STR so the evade loss doesn’t matter at all.

1 Like

About Frenzy: remember that bosses spawn with 4 seconds of invulnerabiity, you can stack frenzy there. In a non-boss scenario, you can more easily stack it just hitting some mob.

About the new 350 2h spear: I was thinking about SW2 - Barb3 - Doppel1 - Dragoon 3. With that build you can stack the -800 pdef effect with cyclone as well

The only loss i see is finestra: Almost 200 crit rate is a huge buff, but we can compensate it with Cleave buffed by wild nature ( 100 crit rate then). Warcry + Frenzy + DoV buffs all the kit, and cleave will enhance the new dragon soar

Found this in another thread <3

Yeah dragon fall is a really good skill even with it’s 50cd cd. I was overkilling mishekin mobs with really ■■■■ weapons LOL

(I made this character way before the first rank 8 card on ktest, and didn’t even get the new starter weapons.)

Just wanna ask. Is gae bulg worth leveling up now with the upcomming attribute? Also is sw3 for pain barrier necessary when there is gazing golem card?(I’m sw3 hop3 drag3) Or it will get nerf later?

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items/244110

I think those stats got removed. At least, ktest neet doesnt show them.

I guess Gae Bulg is worth since the damage buff, its the dragoon skill with the higher %damage, so besides the weird interactions of getting the spear back its still pretty good imo.

Hm… I don’t really like the fact dragon soar needs 11 skill points for the x2 hits attribute. It makes Dragonsoar now the highest damage skill between the C1 skills, and it’s Slash Damage which is kinda weird since dragoons are supposed to be mainly pierce damage. Dunno what IMC trying to do here. Maybe they might add more attributes later on but right now it’s kinda weird lol.

Also yeah, seems like the bonus size patk on medium/large did indeed get removed. Maybe IMC finally realised those stats made 1H spears better than 2H spears LOL.

Hoplite still retains their c3 attribute for +20% skill damage on Medium mobs but that’s only like 1h spear, while dragoon has +20% on large mobs, +10% on bosses with 2h spear with a c1 attribute

Maybe that was also intended to “nerf” murmnobi ? idk man.

A lot of people say it’s not worth it (buff is not that good, you lose more dps than you do or something along the line) but with the new attribute I think I might picking it up when I reach c3 because lv15 dragon tooth seem to be a bit overkill consider that I have to stand there charging it for quite a long time. I just wish there gonna be an attribute that make it charge faster…

Edit : Now that I look it up. It seem like i need atleast lv5 gae bulg to get the attribute. Is it worth it? I was thinking about leaving it at level 1 but when that come into mind I’m not so sure anymore.

Can you please test to confirm if C3 dragoon skill damage is affected by charge time, some are speculating that it isn’t because there is no line of lvl 1,2,3 when charging. thanks

What is the damage type of Dragoon Fall? is it strike or pierce?

dragonfall is pierce type.

The bonus attack still exists, it was moved to the Use One Handed Spears attribute as a modifier, 5% towards both Medium and Large types.

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/attributes/10003

2 Likes

Wonder if now the medium size works on players?

It’s just like long stride and spear throw. You just tap it to quickly cast it at full damage.

To Queue,
Seems to me that 5% is worse than the bonus patk we got before.
Depends if it’s group1 or group2 i guess ?

2 Likes

I sent a ticket to IMC telling them about Dethrone’s first line being boosted by damage modifiers while the second line isn’t.

I told them the issue are on itos, ktos and ktest. I also provided video evidence. (The one I posted in this thread outside 290D)

Do you know what they told me?
They told me to verify my ■■■■■■■ game cache and use less bandwith.

Oh my god I don’t even. If you could tweak the damage of Dethrone client side I don’t even want to know what kind of exploits people will be bringing into the game. 99999% skill factor on everything ?

1 Like

wow wtf answer ever !!!

There are a lot of multi damage skills that doesn’t work with damage modifier. I have tested doppel multi-cut attributes, with cleave or Zwerchhau … And i did the same damage.

Same with Zucken on shocked ennemy, don’t work with the multi-cut.
Card that add %age damage on type monster are bugged too …

And … I’m off topic sorry. :tired:

I want to know this as well.
Wonder if the Hop 3 attribute One-handed Spear Mastery: Medium-sized Hunter still work on other players in PVP after this patch?

For the barbgoon mentioning a few days ago, the nice perk about barbgoon is warcry’s +10 seconds to debuffs attribute should still apply to any debuffs you inflict (specifically your debuffs only), including Serpentine’s 50% damage debuff.
That gives you 20 seconds to skillspam, and then 10 more because Serp will have finished it’s 20s cooldown. I feel like it’s a bit annoying to get used to though, but maybe worthwhile to a degree…

For the new update, I kindof like the theorycrafted idea of -Hop3-Barb1-Drag3… or maybe Hop2-Barb1-x. Little higher crit chance and finestra’s aoe… beautiful. Cleave -> Soar too. PvE of course.
I think I’ll personally stick to HL3-Drag though.

And a joke/fun build… Hop2-Cor2-Drag3, just because it sounds really fun.

1 Like