Tree of Savior Forum

🦊 [Dragoon C3] Theorycraft Builds Thread

T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶-̶f̶u̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶u̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I figured it might be fun to share what builds do you think would be fun, not fun, or meta once R9 comes for Dragoon C3.

What We Know So Far

Thanks to @Tanzen for initially sharing the following info about the changes that R9 brings for Dragoon:

Dragoon Helmet (C3 skill)

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/11408

icon_warri_dragoonhelmet

[Buff] - [Self]

The Dragoon puts on his helmet. When wearing a helmet, the Dragoon is strengthened, increasing skill damage against enemies and reducing SP consumption. Using the skill again while buff is still up will remove the buff/helmet.

Duration 300 seconds
Dragoon skill damage increased by 50%
Dragoon skill consumes 50% less SP
CD 0s
Max level 1

No attributes

Dragon Fall (C3 skill)

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/11407

icon_warri_dragonfall

[Physical] - [Pierce]

Fly up to the sky, then shoot down the target location to deal powerful damage within area of effect.

ATK [2875 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 345]% (7705% at max level? :open_mouth: )
CD 50s
Cast Time 2s
Can use while mounted
Max level 15

Attributes

• Reinforcement (Max 100) - Damage to enemies [Dragon Fall] increases by 0.5% per character level
  • Weight “Chu” (Max 1) - If the current weight is over 50%, Skill [Dragon Fall] ignores enemy blocks; SP cost +50%

Dragon Soar: Ascension (new attribute)

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/attributes/114016

ability_warrior_dragoon16

Skill [Dragon Soar] doubles the number of hits
SP cost +200%
Requires level 11 Dragon Soar (doable by C3)
Max level 1

Tests, Images, Videos

Suggested Theorycraft Builds

Sw1 Pel1 Hop3 Corsair1 Dragoon3 (PVP & PVE)

Probably will be my build if nothing changes badly with the current lower ranks. I used to main a HopGoon then a HopSairMurm before for quite awhile, and found both very fun and effective so this new prospect build will be the combination of both.

I’ll be giving up Sword3’s nearly 100% P. Barrier uptime, but the block rate I get from Pel1 and maxed Finestra alone should be good enough to avoid getting CC’ed physically, and there’s always 2/3 x Gazing Golem cards for PVE use unless it gets changed.

Spear Throw’s bind, besides that of Dethrone, will be a good sure-initiate skill to be followed up by Goon3’s Dragonfall. Long Stride can be a good escape skill as well if you find yourself in a bad spot after using Dragonfall.

Lastly, the Hop3 “+20% against Medium size” class attribute is just too good to not have in PVP.

Sw1 Pel1 Hop3 Dop1 Dragoon3 (PVP & PVE)

Leaning a bit more towards PVE than PVP, this build gets a little boost in damage thanks to Dop1’s DoV. Cyclone is a really good skill to include in the rotation too. DPE + Dragonfall is a good farming combo as well.

Sw3 Cata3 Goon3 (PVP)

Ah, it’s been awhile since I’ve taken a look at this build. I started PVP in this game with this build when we only had 7 ranks and equipment didn’t matter in TBL.

Imagine using Goon3’s Dragonfall, spam Soar, then you Impale someone and Steed Charge away to where your allies are camping to gang up on the poor enemy. There’s also Dethrone + Dragonfall + Rush.

H̶o̶p̶e̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶r̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶G̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶s̶.̶ ̶ UPDATE: Yes, all skills are confirmed usable while mounted based on kTOS database.

Also, the helmet skill could look dope on a mounted build. :wink:

Sw1 HL2 Cata3 Goon3 (PVP & PVE)

Crown + Impaler could be a good combo. One can only hope that they make Cross Guard usable with 2h Spear to open more build options for Highlanders.

Sw1 Pel2 Cata3 Goon3 (PVP, could be viable for PVE with good gear or if Cata damage improves)

Sw1 HL3 Hop2 Goon3 (PVP & PVE)

Sw1 HL2 Hop3 Goon3 (PVP & PVE)

Could be more PVP-oriented than the one above due to the Hop3 attribute that allows you to deal bonus damage against medium-sized mobs (including players).

Other possible builds:

• Sw1 X Barb3 X Goon3 (PVE, maybe can work in PVP)

• Sw1 X X Rod3 Goon3 (PVP)

• Sw1 X X X Corsair2 Goon3 (PVE & PVP, “Kirito mode”)

Possible Future Changes

Hoplite

Click here for more info

First, the piercing hits of ‘Stabbing’ are getting twice as faster, with more and more damage applied according to the number of consecutive hits. Not only that, the new Circle 3 attribute ‘Stabbing: Onslaught’ is going to increase the number of hits by 1 per attribute level, up to a maximum of 10 hits. These skill changes, combined with the new attribute, are expected to boost the DPS of ‘Stabbing’ by about 3-4 times, helping cement its place as another essential Hoplite skill.

As for ‘Pierce’, which deals more damage on larger enemies, we’re cutting the cooldown from 30 to 20 seconds and increasing the overheat from 1 to 2. The new ‘Pierce: Repeated Shock’ Circle 2 attribute also adds +2 hits to the skill on enemies affected by the Shock debuff.

Circle 2 skill ‘Long Stride’ is going to increase damage by up to +100% according to the weight of your character’s inventory. Meanwhile, the skill’s range is increasing significantly, as well as the number of targets (5 to 10), with cooldown also being reduced from 49 to 30 seconds. Adding to this, the new Circle 2 attribute ‘Long Stride: Stun’ will have a 100% chance of inflicting Stun for a duration proportional to the attribute level.

‘Spear Lunge’, which is used to increase pierce damage, is also seeing its cooldown reduced from 24 to 20 seconds.

Cataphract

Click here for more info

With these changes, ‘Impaler’ is going to deliver critical attacks to every enemy affected by the Shock debuff. We’re also getting rid of ‘Earth Wave’’s casting time, while increasing the skill’s damage on knocked down enemies by 50%, the overheat from 1 to 3, and the cooldown from 12 to 15 seconds.

‘Steed Charge’ is another skill with casting-related changes. Not only is the post-casting delay being reduced, right after casting the skill you’ll be able to execute it one more time. ‘Doom Spike’ is receiving the same post-casting delay cut, with an added reduction of critical resistance on enemies affected by it by 10 per skill level (meaning up to -100 at level 10).

And to complete the Cataphract overhaul, for every level of the new Circle 2 skill ‘Acrobatic Mount’, you will also be getting a damage increase of 5% (although with an added SP consumption of 10%) on mounting skills, i.e. those that can only be used when mounted on a Companion. ‘Acrobatic Mount’ comes with a duration of 40 seconds and cooldown of 60, and it is expected to significantly increase the damage of not just Cataphract, but Lancer attack skills as well.

Dragoon

Click here for more info

‘Dragon Soar’ is getting a much-needed overheat boost, going from 1 to 3, and a 30% damage increase on Flying type enemies that is also applied on targets affected by Raise and other status ailments. ‘Dragontooth’, on the other hand, will always cast in 1 second regardless of skill level, and add a couple of extra effects: double the critical rate when the enemy is hit, 10% critical damage increase if you’re equipping a one-handed spear, and 50% of enemy defense ignored when using two-handed spears.

Last but not least, we’re reducing the pre-casting delay on ‘Dethrone’, allowing Dragoons to use their spears continuously with more ease.

Improving Damage in “Effect” Multi-hit Attacks

Click here to read

There are two kinds of multi-hit attacks in Tree of Savior: one kind is calculated as actual separate hits according to the attack’s formulas (the “true” multi-hit); the other is calculated as the damage of the entire attack, but displayed as multiples (the “effect” multi-hit).

Currently, whenever a proportion-based damage increase is added to an “effect” multi-hit attack, that damage increase is applied only one time, like so:

• 50% damage increase is applied to a 1,000 x 5 multi-hit attack
  • Damage increase is applied only to one hit = 1,500 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 = 5500
  • Counting all of the attack’s hits, 5,500 / 5 = 1,100 (it only comes up to a 10% increase per hit)

To improve on this, we want to have damage increases apply to all the hits of these “effect” attacks, the same way it happens with the ”true” multi-hits. In the example above, that would mean 50% applied to each of the 5 hits (1,500 x 5).

When we apply this proportional damage increase to the attacks below, their total damage value will also increase. Keep in mind, however, that we are simply correcting the fact that the proportional damage increase wasn’t being applied to the total value of the attack; we are not giving each hit an additional damage value (+) like what happens with “true” multi-hit attacks.

Affected classes and skills:

Highlander

• Cross Guard

Peltasta

• Umbo Blow

Hoplite

• Pierce

Cataphract

• Earth Wave
  • Doom Spike

Doppelsoeldner

• Redel
  • Zucken
  • Zwerchhau
  • Sturtzhau
  • Zornhau

Dragoon

• Gae Bulg
  • Dragon Soar

:prince:

How about you, what will your prospect Dragoon C3 build be?

NOTE: If anyone has info or updates to share regarding Dragoon C3, please feel free to do so as well. Thanks!

4 Likes

Reserved /20charrrrrrrrrrrs

Reserved /20charrrrrrrrrrrsssssssss123123123

Reserved /20charrrrrrrrrrrs899898998989

Maybe we’ll have some hope now

1 Like

Spear mum is the thing that his builds neeed to beat and that will be hard.
But im sure murm will get a nerf soon…

1 Like

Not sure about the nerf as hopefully Murm2 won’t make the class’ damage and damage-mitigation scaling “more broken”, but yes I hope one day both will at least be nearly evenly matched under equivalent gear and player skill.

I will still favor Murm winning though since it’s always been more of a PVP class to me, while Dragoon is a split between PVE and PVP.

Don’t give up just yet even if got mocked by meme threads and ridiculed. But will really laugh hard when that helmet ‘just’ looks cool.

sw1pelt1hop3corgoon, have this now as an alt or might reset my main to sw1pelt2cata3goon if lancer2 turns out to be lackluster and new skills work on mount , then just use grazing golem cards for the lost pain barrier levels.

If they put downtime on that helmet, It will be significant for magic classes and archers but the current block mechanic just having pelt1hop3 core remains a nightmare for other swordsmen, now if only they can tweak the formula a bit maybe difference^0.60 rather than the current difference^0.70 which is quite frankly absurd for a stat that is easier to stack than other substats.

1 Like

I fear the day that would happen. Hahaha.

I can see full-con Clerics (including myself :smiley:), Cryo3s and Murms acting:

1 Like

How about HL3>DG3? Highlander skills hits hard, comboes well and have little sp consumption.

1 Like

I don’t expect for the helmet be something like Murmillo level of power that increase every lower rank skill, but to be something more like Epee Garde, so if Fencer focus on criticals, Dragoon would be something to do with Debuffs, while the helmet is on the debuffs have a longer duration and you cause extra damage with Pierce attacks in a enemy under a Dragoon debuff.

I doubt that murm will keep its spear attributes after this change. Having dragoon helm sets a clear delineation between Murm Sword/Board and Goon Spear.

Man, Murmillo C2 will be hard to beat.

Not only they have crazy defense and damage but they’re also getting a self buff that improves their movement speed by a lot (or at least it looks like it by the preview video).

I really hope this Dragoon 3 helmet will be something on par with Murmillo’s helmet or better. One new offensive skill for Dragoon C3 can’t make up for everything Murmillos get.

2 Likes

Sword1Highlander3Hop2Dragoon3. enjoy.

2 Likes

I’m also going to mention jump skills (such as the new one we saw in preview vid) usually aren’t useable when mounted so this might as well be the last nail into Catagoon’s coffin.

2 Likes

Would be kinda sad if Dragoon c3 doesn’t boost Long Stride’s damage in anyway.

Even though Long Stride’s damage is pretty bad it’s kinda nice for the theme.

1 Like

That’s the problem right now, Murms need to be nerfed, there’s no way around it, they mess with the entire sense of balance.

2 Likes

There’s no murm in top 10 tbl rank in silute right now, but there’s a lancer tho, murm don’t need to be nerfed at all

see? no “omg dangerousgodlikemurmillo” in tbl, and it’s been like that since tbl came back, murmillo isn’t a threat for anyone

1 Like

That’s not a good metric to gauge Murms balance. Looking at one top 10 list that only considers a small portion of TOS’s content is not a good indication of their balance.

4 Likes

I hope this helmet is the sh**, cuz… oh boi, Dragoon really needs some Doppel C3 treatment to join the damage master race.

2 Likes