Tree of Savior Forum

Founders Packs! (What if)

Personally I’d love to see a founder pack as long as it included something aside from just early access. Take World of Warships for example: I paid $35 to get into closed beta. That got me a tier 5 premium ship, 1500 gold, and 30 days of premium. Along with that, we were recently wiped (all items bought will be kept of course) and will be given a small head start over open beta players before they join and there will be no more wipes. The items themselves were worth the $35 alone so early access was really a freebie. If ToS can do something like this I think it will be a huge success like it was on WoWS. Keep it around the $20-$30 range and give us something we can carry over to the official release like cash shop credits, extra bag space/weight, and a special beta pet/costume. Also I think wipes should be handled in a similar fashion to WoWS. Closed beta progress should be wiped, but open beta should not. However I think open beta should have a relatively small level cap, say 100 and upon release, the level cap will increase to its maximum.

just by starting earlier will give them a huge advantage over the rest, even if given nothing else.

As said before if it’s an OK price and I can pay it with STEAM MONEY (on the int. version of the game), and that would secure me Beta access, yes, I’d buy it, even if that’s the only benefit it would give me in-game.
After all if that’s the case (steam money) I can just sell some CS:GO skin(s) and pay with that.

For me leveling earlier isn’t a huge advantage because everyone can do that. Also, I don’t see ToS giving too much focus on leveling, it doesn’t make much sense for me when level cap is high (at least every post I see about it puts level cap to the skies).

Ohh yes I’d buy it, without a doubt.

Well let’s consider that hidden classes are locked to a certain amount of individuals per server (it was something IMC was/is considering).

Buy a founder pack > Have days worth of early access > Better chance at getting hidden classes, now I don’t know how it’ll work, but if you can work to keep it then it just doesn’t seem all that fair.

But that’s just me. Early access to a game that doesn’t really need the early access money always seemed like a bad idea to me.

I think they mention the Int version will be launched via Steam.
They can sell “Early Access”, for a short “closed” beta test.

Are they? Did they say something about it? (no irony) This is new to me.

If this is true, the ‘winners’ won’t be those who joins first, but those who literally gives your life to the game (super-hardcore players). Nothing is 100% true, so this won’t apply entirely.

You may ask me if I’m going to buy a ToS Founder Pack if there’s any: my answer is no.

@Celov

From the Focus Group Interview:

히든 직업은 서버에서 몇명만 혹은 퀘스트상 특정 조건을 둔다던지 넣을거고 직업은 어떤 계통 1개 어떤 계통은 3개등 해당 계열당 적용되는 히든 클래스 수는 다를 수 있음

Translated by @emailboxu
"We want hidden jobs only unlockable by a limited number of people per
server, through quest rewards after meeting certain
conditions. "

Now they haven’t confirmed anything beyond it, it’s just something their considering, and may already be in place.

But you can’t say that having a couple days of playtime before other players will not give them an advantage at getting and locking in these hidden classes. But hopefully this never happens, and founder packs with early access aren’t a thing.

As I said, this [in my previous post] won’t apply entirely.

Some players spend couple hours per day, others 24/7. That’s why I said some days before launch may not bring any harm.

But I don’t know if I like this or not. Just don’t make them OP and I’m OK.

You are correct, the people that will get hidden classes are either:

1. Lucky and figured it out
    OR
  2. Dedicated a huge amount of their daily time to play the game.

Like you said, 24/7 dedication.

But the difference is, someone with 24/7 dedication and let’s say, 3 days of early access, has a huge advantage over someone with 24/7 dedication but could not purchase early access.

All this is speculation btw for anyone reading these posts about founder packs, and early access. I’m just against early access, even though I would purchase founder/supporter packs.

1 Like

You’re 100% right there. In this case, this is totally unfair.

Since it’s all speculation, I hope limited hidden class + founder pack don’t go forth. Equal chances for all, that’s how it should be.

On second thought, it’s impossible to avoid any kind of advantage with founder pack, giving early access to those who pay. You have a point, I think it’ll bring negative consequences, no matter the effort to minor them. :+1:

At this point I don’t remember any MMO games in the last 5 years that I signed up for that didn’t have a founder’s pack. I think in general, people are happy to have them as an option.

Also, while the company does enjoy getting the extra money, it is immensely helpful on server load to spread out the people logging on over 3 days rather than having everyone on the same day.

So I’m all for them.

2 Likes

Founder’s pack is fine and all, but I agree if the pack gave too much “unfair benefits”,that won’t be a good idea. I expect to get some exclusive costumes, or even customized barracks, exclusive companion, cash shop balance, things like that.

Maybe a CE version or something.

Where you get some cosmetics and such sure. Maybe a Founder pack for support for the people who really want to support the game.

I don’t see why not.

I’d sell my soul to play this game earlier than others, unfortunately it’s not worth that much $.

1 Like

Personally, if they would go with this route, I wont be buying those thing, since I don’t like it because it usually give unfair benefits similar to p2w. nope nope …do not want. They should not go to this route …from what I’ve seen only western publisher normally going toward this route. Lets hope they don’t follow them

True… I have to agree on that… Its a waste of money and for the items it just shows that you’re one of those early access players that’s about it.

They’ll probably do some sort of pay for Early Access or Founders Pack stuff like a lot of games are doing nowadays.

I don’t like Founders Packs… They always feel like they are just there to squeeze more and more money out of the game. Especialy since they are so expensive ô_o I mean seriously a 10€ Founderspack would be okay (i would buy that maybe if i like it) but lately i see them start at around 30 and go up to 150+ thats just ridiculous.
I also feel like the purpose of Founders Packs was totaly killed in the last few years.
So i just hope they will not have them or atleast have reasonable prices.