Tree of Savior Forum

Forum layout and topic tracking feedback for IMC

I have a couple of suggestions to make the site a bit more convenient.
One is to not automatically track topics by default. I know you can alter some notification and tracking settings but I think having the forum default set to not automatically track and notify is better. It’s kinda spamy until we get fed up and go through the settings trying to turn it off at the moment.

Another thing I think would make things easier for new posters, is to have the default forum view set to “category layout” a lot of people seem to not be aware that there are categories and only see the “latest list” I think this is a big cause of repeated topics and re asked questions. I recon having the forum displayed as categories by default instead of latest would make things easier for new users.

While I agree to your suggestion on making the default view to category layout, some people right here finds this type of forum layout is convenient is actually easy to use. It is easy to access for people whoh haven’t experienced the forums yet and IMC can just post a guide how to use the forums so that people can learn how to switch to different layouts of the forums.

There is actually already a guide:

I agree, setting the default to not track, and category view is a good idea, so newer members will see a familiar forum style.

3 Likes

Just put the Category as the main page, Latest next to it, then New Topic, then finally Unread.
I also have the same confusion at first btw. That’s why I thought this forum is a mess, but eventually I love how the way it is now.

Now that I’ve gotten a bit more use to the tracking I actually don’t mind it so much. I cant remember what settings I changed but the main problem I had with it before was that it would email me every time someone posted on a thread that I looked at for more than 4 minutes lol.

But in general, now that it doesn’t email me anymore since tweaking the settings, its actually pretty handy and not as intrusive.