Tree of Savior Forum

For those wondering about the comparisons between iRO and iTOS

It seems you are talking about Renewal, which is pretty much an isometric 2.5D/3D WoW version of Ragnarok Online for people who just wanted to go with the flow and pretty much play something “standard” rather than something “outdated” and “difficult.”

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You keep saying it’s dead but you’re still here in the forums for it so it must not be all that dead.

@Marsh

I believe you’re letting nostalgia cloud your judgement. The version of RO you’re describing didn’t happen until much much later. I was there for OBT and it was an extremely laggy, buggy mess with severely limited content, classes, skills, gear, you name it. Fast forward 2 years then it started to resemble what you described.

ToS has been out for mere months and you can classify most of those months as OBT but it still provided a far better experience than RO did at the start. You were comparing apples to oranges. Whether ToS currently provides a better experience than a fully up to date RO is purely objective. I also spent a lot of time in classic RO and tons in Renewal and I had a blast but let’s not kid ourselves and say that RO was the epitome of MMO game design. ToS is far from perfect too but it’s still early days so plenty of time for them to flesh it out.

1 Like

i like this comment because it proves time exists in a vacuum where history is irrelevant.

Hmm… Is iRO alive still? Could give me something to do while I wait for content patches.

all the good players stopped playing classic years ago (hence why valhalla is a top guild there) and renewal is worse than wow. renewal removed everything great from ro and added everything bad

while i agree with many of your points, i think you emphasized iRO’s good sides too much.

in fact, it’s not that good if you also think about the down side.

I only played renewal iRO for 1 year, reaching max level with two other friends. Maybe the old RO you were talking about is much better than the renewal version.

I wouldn’t say RO is better than TOS, i would say they are roughly the same tbh.

RO is very pay to win and bot to win.

ro renewal is 1000000x worse than vanilla iro. comparing the versions is like comparing tos to neopets

Because the nostalgia glasses broke, outside of WoE everything else feels dated, unless you’re the guy that loves 190aspd hitlocking/snaring a low-tier MvP since that’s all the MvPs in classic are, or the kind of guy that loves grinding for months to look good with an obnoxiously large aura.

Best comment i’ve ever seen in this forum

1 Like

i concur, maflores. that was the most articulate statement i’ve seen so far across this entire forum. well done mate.

also, i think your nostalgia glasses are malfunctioning. D:

p. s. imc if you’re reading this pls gimme an aura under my char so i can show off to n00bs. also pls make corsiritsmeurbrother a gm.

Being a GM would mean dealing with everyone in this forum, that’s not as much of a good deal as being a CM under Oda.

Please, enlighten me with the fun things I can do in iRO classic, right now, that warrants this entire thread’s existence in comparison to ToS.

1 Like

true, true. man, oda sounds like a cool duder.

i’unno man, i’m just here for the dank memes

much dank
nice b8
wow
vry colo

1 Like

haha man i c wut u did der xd

I feel really sad when people contribute the whole makings of Ragnarok to Kim, who barely did anything for the game itself outside of very core concepts of “names ragnarok, based off this comic and you slap porings WHOOAH”

Understandably the only thing that RO and ToS have in common is that Kim is a businessman who wanted to find ways to generate money off of online games. People don’t seem to be willing to give any amount of respect to those koreans who actually enjoyed making a game and put their heart into it, but rather the guy who just steps onto the stairs of money and fame and pulls the curtain to reveal the hard work of a team of many by saying “look here we make flashy game ooh pretty”

Anyone thinking this game has anything in common with RO (Classical that is) is high and should get his house checked for asbestos. Also on the topic of Renewal, I’m still confused on why both iRO and kRO haven’t adapted the jRO renewal system, which is actually not hot garbage.

Also if you praise iRO and hate ToS or hate iRO and praise ToS you might actually have a mental problem, as both of these by the modern day are pretty much the exact same thing, do quests from A to B, and then run dungeons (gramps) until you run into a brickwall and then grind in a suboptimal area, or do world bosses (MvPs) and repeat every day for that sweet sweet dungeon reset.

jRO RE, where extended classes are actually being given love instead of being dumpstered at 160 along with giving gimmick builds weapons like Onimaru to make them semi-viable, especially Kagerou/Oboros and recently the Rebellion rework. Honestly, as old as the game is, I’m still looking forward for Star Emperor/Soul Reaper because I grew to love RO with the Taekwon/ninja classes. Japan has better hats too.

Also, it’s not even praising either game anymore, it’s just this thread is an example of comparing rotting apples and oranges. Both games are flawed, only I burnt out on iRO first and now beginning to lose my patience on Tree of Wizards.