Tree of Savior Forum

For those that went R3>F3, regrets? Bounce Shot and Spiral Arrow use?

So I already have a QS3/Wu2/Musket and enjoy it a lot but wanted to try a skill based build so I’m going for F3. R3 seemed like the natural choice and I loved it immediately since Barrage was so great to use. I am thinking about the long game however and debating whether R3 is such a great idea or if A2>R2>F3 is better.

Has anyone played these routes and if so, what is your experience with them? If anyone is/was an R3>F3, how often do you find yourself using bounce shot and spiral arrow? I have endgame gear to pass on to my archer, and now I’m starting to think that I’m gonna want the 25% crit rate bonus from swift step and it’s going to be a more futureproof build. I’m trying to make this character dex based and want to be able to hit the crit cap. I figure that if I have the gear, I’ll be able to put more points into Str down the road, especially once R8 hits and the level cap is raised, the 25% will constantly help me keep up having a 100% crit rate.

Just wanted to get people’s thoughts on this, is my thinking right and I should go A2>R2>F3 instead, or do spiral arrow and bounce shot have something really good to offer?

Edit: Oh, and can someone explain how kneeling shot works? Does it only work on AA or can I cast it and then start casting skills and they’ll get some bonus damage too?

AA only

if you want barrage, R1 does enough.

An alternative build I see around is A3>Scout1>Fletcher3, that’s flare+magic arrow+swift step

Lists the possible alternates of ranks 2-4. It’s generally not a good idea to go beyond 1 Ranger now. Thankfully, that allows flexibility in how we build our Archers.

Thank you, the thread is great and is giving me some really good insight. Unless I missed it, sadly not much is said about an A2>R2 build. This still seems to make the most sense to me since you get the swift step buff and get a few more percentage points on steady aim. In terms of maximizing damage, this seems to make more sense to me than A2>R1>Sc1, since I’m guessing the steady aim damage buff will result in way more added damage than that 50% physical attack on first hit from cloaking? Though I do understand the utility of Sc1 (and that badass costume)

WB-ing right now is usually who gets there first and deal enough damage to secure a cube, so min-maxing isn’t much of a big deal.

For longer fights though, it could be something, but I doubt that’ll always be the case.

Yea I get that, the penguin mount helps though and with my QS3/Wu2/Musket I haven’t had much trouble getting there in time to secure a cube. That thread helped a lot though and at the end of the day, I think I ultimately have to give into the meta and reroll (thankfully my new alt was only level 62 lol). Sc1 cloaking seems way too useful, especially if I’d like to do some pvp on the side (GvG is more important for me and cloaking seems like it would be pretty OP in that instance too). My only hangup continues to be the loss of level 10 steady aim. It’s obviously much less of an issue with our weaker steady aim rather than the kTOS steady aim, but I can’t help but shake the feeling that as the level cap is raised, that extra 5% will be a bigger and bigger damage buff.

A2- r2- f3 is meh imo its almost no different to a- r3- f3 at all. A2- r- s- f3 does its job better though. Flexible both in TBL and WB. Dont believe that the new meta is a2-r2-f3 because you will be disappointed lol.

Yea I gave in and just started over since I wasn’t that far into my A2-R2

I hated bounce shot. Spiral arrow was pretty good. Bounce shot is very unreliable.

Spiral arrow is pretty good in tbl with its crit rate attribute on. No regrets here. Bounce shot sucks though, so I never put a point on it.