Tree of Savior Forum

Fletchers and Crafting, Archers and Elements and other rhetorical questions about life

I don’t know… I don’t even have a Fletcher…not even planning any right now… …but still this kinda rhetorical question lingers in me since the beginning…like rly ancient times… and I don’t know why I kept it inside…because whatever at worst noone cares and I can forget it too forever…

So what is the actual purpose of Fletchers and Crafting? Like I somewhat get it and still don’t… They make arrows for themselves to be able to use their own skills… It is kinda selfish and at the same time sounds like torture and it is somewhat because I tried it once on a reset event. Like the purpose of Fletchers is to be selfish masochists or something…because I don’t find crafting fun at all.

Coming from Ragnarok I can say 2 things… Yeah there was a similar class there called Alchemist. It had to suffer and in return it could dish out some serious damage(maybe it was still worse dunno)… I think Fletchers are strong but not sure if they have the same suffering/damage ratio…lol… I rly didn’t try it for that long to know how ok is it. Only real Fletchers could tell about it. But also still the Alchemist of RO didn’t feel that selfish as a crafting class. He could make potions for others or aid them with pots himself.

So the other thing is in RO Archers could make arrows that other Archers or Rogues could use…and that’s what I don’t get…

Why can’t Fletchers make arrows for the whole archer tree? …and I don’t mean for any particular skills… I mean element arrows for example that could turn any archer skills and AA to any element or at least give extra element damage… Archers could easily be the main Physical Element damage class but they are not…
While we are at it I don’t even get why Crossfire and similar skills isn’t fire element for example?

Mainly Wugushi and Zealot already showed that physical element attack is a thing…than why it isn’t for archers in general?

So what I want to say that imo Fletcher could be the real arrow makers of the game and make and sell them to others too. Element Arrows, Status effect Arrows…whatever.
I also think the unique Fletcher arrows could be deleted and the main difference between Fletcher skills and other archer skills could be that while other archers only could equip 1 arrow-type at once Fletcher skills could still have that possibility to use automatically different arrows from your inventory that strengthens that skill.

Anyway this is not a rant or something… I just don’t rly feel the class as a crafting class and its purpose and finally I thought I tell my opinion about it.
I guess it would affect the archer tree quite a bit if it would be changed now and maybe people wouldn’t even like it… That’s why I said it is kinda like a rhetorical question in me…that why it is how it is…but yeah… X)

Not like other crafting classes are in that good shape… I just lost it already with the main concept of Fletcher. That’s all. :tired:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.