Tree of Savior Forum

Flash Player required?

Flash Player is terrible, inefficient for games, has memory leak issues. And has day0 exploits.
Is Flash Player really required? Any way around it?

HTML5 please… …

To add to this, for some reason Internet Explorer is required to as much as start the game.
Or at least, the Flash Player IE uses, which is different from the on used in FF, Chrome, Opera etc.
Just saying that that’s pretty odd all things considered.

IE still being a legend after being shut down haha

Yes they made the patcher use flash instead of adobe air or silverlight.

I don’t know if you played other games but a lot of games use one of the 3 for simply UIs for games that require separate clients.

The game itself does not need flash or IE. But the launcher does.

It uses the simplest assets it can find. The default ones there for IE flash. It doesn’t bother checking for FF flash or Chrome flash.

I’d like to note, that even if Flash is indeed terrible and had made enemies of major IT corporations.

HTML5 is still in its early stages, thus HTML5’s performance is yet to go in par with Flash.
Believe it or not Flash is still ahead in terms of performance, even tho recently the gap is getting closer.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t know. I just assumed Flash was awful because it is for videostreaming and videogames. Even so, I think it’s a bug that it doesn’t check for different versions of flash player.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Flash is the choice since you dont need to setup a local webserver to run it, HTML5 will need that, so its more resource consumed in the client, yeah they could setup the HTML server on their side and get it done with, but seriously? The game just started and they have bigger concerns atm, im sure they will substitute the actual patcher with something better later on.