Tree of Savior Forum

Flanconnade vs Composee

From my understanding both of these skills are filler skills, one being slash one being pierce. I would expect builds to take some points in each skill to have more filler options while waiting for bigger skill CDs. However, most builds seem to max composee and not take any points in flanconnade. I’m just curious if there is just no need for 2 filler skills and composee beats out flanc for that one spot or what? I’m fencer C2 currently level 270, so maybe I don’t have the full picture but would rather understand so I don’t need a skill reset potion.

Depends on your build.

If you’re Sw3 > HL2 > Fencer 3 then you have Skyliner as your slash filler, which is much stronger than Flanconnade.
If you’re Sw3 > Barb 1 > Corsair 1 > Fencer 3 though, Flanconnade is a good slash filler, especially when paired with cleave and lunge

Whether to max Composee depends on your ability to maintain the SP cost. If you can afford to spam TP pots to keep up SP then yeah, you can max Composee for damage.

I am Sw3 > Pelt1 > Cor1 > Fencer

I got the same build and like composee more.
You still have dust devil as filler with this build and flancos dmg is realy bad.

This is my build so far:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#111138eee.234c5f6a85.153545.2575.14213f44618595a5b5

Whatever you do, leave Flanconnade lv1 at least. The perfect block buff although hard to time, is very welcome to non-shield users.

If you were a Highlander variation, you can get it for animation canceling.

For your build however, I would assume Attaque Composee is better since it benefits from Fencer’s buffs and debuffs.
The block from Flaconnade, as mentioned above, is pretty handy too and one less point from other skills wouldn’t hurt.

Is animation cancelling hard? Or do you just basically spam one skill after the other and it will cancel? I thought about rank resetting to pick up highlander because I want more PvE dps and I honestly don’t find myself using peltasta and corsair skills very often. I already have a doppel for AoE farming.

put one next to the other and faceroll the keyboard

there you go, Flancospam!

I think it has something to do with ping or fps. Though, it might have something to do with timing instead. I can only do it some times.
Whenever I cast Flaconnade, my FPS drops so that doesn’t help.

In TBL, Flanconnade is about the only really reliable defense out there, especially against archer classes like SR where you just can’t run away coz of their range/speed. Prep is good too but less reliable, sometimes enemies can hit through your prep.
You can spam the 5 charges to buy time until your hook / balestra is off cooldown or go up against heavy burst melee Murmillos without getting killed. Flanconnade’s damage is crap, the only way to make it decent is to stack cleave + lunge together before using it.