Tree of Savior Forum

FIX Mouse mode (Suggestion to improve mouse interface)

Game Server : [SA] Silute

Hi, i would like to report some bug’s that i have found while using mouse mode, its really sad for mouse player’s (who like to select a specific target or just like to play using AWSD, most of us being archers/mages) to have a horrible experience while using mouse, we cant do quest properly, we select target’s when someone or something is in front.
And please dont say to play “keyboard/joystick” mode, its really horrible playing a ranged class when you cant select a certain target without losing 10 sec switching targets, (and using AWSD still better for moving, at least for me).

The bugs that i have spotted are:

Mouse Bug’s
1- I lose the “target” every time i get out of his range, and i don’t regain target when i approach him again. “Target-lock” button don’t work properly. (for example: archers when you need to retreat and attack at same time)
2- My skills go to “random” directions sometimes (not every time), even if i have a target selected. (Its like the go for the direction of the mouse, and not to the target selected)
3- Its impossible to select a boss with a bokor or too many people “inside” (in front) the boss.

Sugestions
1- Make that when you double click in a target, we can target-lock even if we are out of range
2- Fix the problem to click in objects/npc’s when a player or summon is in front of the target.
3- Make a way that player’s cant put shop’s near teleports and NPC’s, or that the shop/npc is always in front of the player.
4- Fix the quest object’s bug, its impossible to select some object’s.

(description of what you were doing before, during, and after the bug happened)

Video showing that its impossible to use the teleport:

input date : 2017-04-23
input hour : 11
Date/Time and Location : 23/04/2017
Sorry for any grammar’s errors, English ins’t my native language i am still learning…

5 Likes

bump

mousemode really needs some love

Very annoying to interact with NPCs with Mouse UI Mode when a players is inside of it.

Please improve, make spawn points for people in the cities (when they teleport to another city, to not get inside the Statue when they teleport to it) and disable the possibility of people opening Shops near a NPC. Shops around the NPC are the most annoying ones…

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ @STAFF_Letitia

4 Likes

Bump, please, fix it.

Since the beginning of tos, revelators have been plagued by a demon so insidious not even the creators could exorcise it. The mouse mode bug has been a slow burn against anyone who is most comfortable with this control scheme.

The “optimizations” put in place are a joke. Targetting in general needs a complete overhaul. One of the biggest problems i’ve experienced is in towns. Trying to target an npc while theres 40 people standing ontop of it is near impossible. Every object in the game seems to be able to be targeted for god knows what reason. On that same topic, when trying to choose an option within a chat with an npc, when you click the option if there is anything underneath that option, say another player shop or npc, it will overwrite what you were trying to choose and open up the player’s shop or talk to the npc.

I’ve gotten used to the combat aspects of mouse mode. Targetting isnt the worst but it could be fine tuned.

Its unfortunate that its been this poorly optimized since the game’s “release”, if you could call it that. Here’s to hoping that we can get some work done with this issue.

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Yuri

1 Like