Tree of Savior Forum

First Squire 2 on server Gabija aswering questions :D

how much ‘offense’ can you dish out as a tanker?

I did it my way all solo from mausoleum (level 80) to Legwyn Family (130) using the highguard burst damage with max atributtes on mobs and bosses (they suffer with this combo even today). But from there i couldn’t do more damage right before 130 dungeon, just debuffing for DPS’s and lure with taunt. After the 130 Dungeon i make partys and make some realy good friends on the way because of it xD

1 Like

could somebody explain to me why “rodelero” always pops out whenever tanking is discussed

btw whats your stat?

rodelero is a class where almost all of its attacks are shield based and inflict a debuff on the enemy. but more on ‘pvp’-ish debuff.

btw whats your stat?

my stats now are. i’m doing 1:2:2

But i’m pretty sure i’ll reset and change it to put more con. The Str is for Max Weight and Dex WAS for dodge. now i only dodge when i use Guardian because of the atributte, so…i think i don’t need it that much anymore.

thank you for awnsering me (sorry for the troble :grin: )

i’m considering become squire rank 2(maybe even 3) in the oficial game , but right now i want to test one of the rank 6 classes

1 Like

you should make a guide with eqs and leveling like the hoptile guide dude it helps us newbs a lot

2 Likes

yeah, i have plans to do one Tank Guide for Squires. I’m using this post to get some FAQ and do it later xD
it’s difficult for me because writing one guide in english it will take more time than usual

Hey, congrats! I’ve been going for Squire in CBT2 but haven’t reached it yet. Would you be so kind as to show me your build? Here’s mine, we’ve picked the same classes: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9y90y98bvk/

I’m avoiding Guardian (I could honestly take a single level for evasion) but I plan to not use Dex at all and have high Con instead so my friends can link off of it using linker 3. Crit rate is less effective with high guard and I figure I don’t need both evasion and blocking. You think that’s viable? Or is high evasion a must?

Also, regarding base camp, what level would you put into it, if you could remake? And I hear it has a storage, but is it it’s own storage or does it share with your bank back at town? And can party members use it? If it’s it’s own storage, what happens if you put items in it and the camp expires?

Thanks!

Wow that’s a lot of questions let me see.

first your build:
Swordman - put the Bash 5 points on Pain Barrier. Bash is useless after lvl 25~ and the auto atacks are more effective. you need to have Thrust on 5 because of his [Pierce] type of damage. We don’t use lance, so it’s good to have.
Peltasta - Umbo Blow has better CC and AoE ratio but Rim Blow has less cooldown and do double damage against froze monsters, also has the same attribute to do bonus 350% (max level) damage while with High Guard.
And Butterfly it’s not recommended on Pelt3, Umbro Blow it’s so much usefull because of the armor debuff with 15 sec. You can get 30 sec with the monster without armor if you use right the overheat of the skill, and have luck.
Squire - If you want so much do have Arrest you just need on lvl 4, put this point on Armor Maintenance xD otherwise, Armor Maintenance 10, Arrest 1 and Basecamp 3.

Crit rate is less effective with high guard and I figure I don’t need both evasion and blocking. You think that’s viable? Or is high evasion a must?

Evasion it’s good just on the lower level, in high level areas the monster have too much hit and all that DEX is lost if you don’t use Guardian with full attribute. and yes, block is better than evasion. The passive Shield Guard is the most OP i ever seen. I block almost everything with that. All the attributes about this skill is maximized.

Also, regarding base camp, what level would you put into it, if you could remake?
i’m planning to put the Basecamp as level 3, i think it doesn’t need more than that if you use on the right time and the right map xD but i think it’ll be more usefull when they implemented 200+ maps. now almost all maps has Vakarine statues and the food just stays there for the Basecamp duration.

And I hear it has a storage, but is it it’s own storage or does it share with your bank back at town? And can party members use it?

Yes, has one storage and only the party members can use. It links with the town storage and when the camp expires you don’t need to worry. (And you can reset the time of the barrac for 2000 silver on lvl 1, i need to make sure about the other levels)

I even reach 200 m8. what are you talking about

Thank you for spending your time to answer everyone’s questions. I’m sure other players like me appreciate your effort. You don’t really have to care about some other negative comments. You’re helping other people by making this thread to provide more information about Squire for other players, unlike other players who claim to be 200, do nothing to contribute to this post but wasting your time posting useless comments.

Keep up your good work!

1 Like

First off, GRATS! That’s awesome!

This question is more towards the tank side of your build since you mentioned that you use taunt and [Guard]. In your opinion, how useful would you say a tank is in a high level dungeon? Are they needed? Can a party easily get by with just a highlander and priest? I can’t decide whether to play fullsupport priest (heals/buffs) or tank (taunt and guard)–I like them both, but want to lean towards tank if they are actually valuable since I’ve seen many priests, but not many tanks. Thanks!

wait does umblo thrust inflict 0 armor like armor break? or just the bonus stats effects remove?

Hey bubby, heres the screenshot I took when we were farming :sunglasses: I made sure to finish all the food after you left too :pizza:

1 Like

Guardian isn’t that good, it’s really useless honestly, you already have high defense and you don’t really need to use that to tank mobs or even bosses since you’ll have problems with magical damage, not physical because you can block. About a peltasta being needed to do high level dungeons, you don’t need them, it’s good to have one to taunt the mobs and bosses, but you can do it pretty easily without one, and that’s why you don’t see many peltastas on the game, they are very weak right now, maybe when we get to play as centurion we’ll start seeing more of them.

1 Like

off topic: how well does your necro pull its weight in terms of dps aside from linking stuff?

Well I havent really discussed all the abilities with him or so and I cant say I personally I know enough about the class, but I think the skeletons seem pretty okay at least. Pretty squishy but deal decent damage and can draw aggro decently. Flesh Cannon seems really hard to aim with with a high cast time so it probably needs a fix. AI is still kind of stupid and overall Necro definitely needs some tweaking as a class is my guess.

sad to hear that :frowning: still trying to find a wiz build that at least looks somewhat decent and performs well, ele is just so garish^^

btw how do you feel about your sorc? aside from ai trouble. is the damage worth the sp regen nullification?

how many silver do you have now?