Tree of Savior Forum

First Impressions 1-140lvl

I’m a new player but an experienced gamer. I was lucky to play few days before re:build, so let’s start.

1. Quest tracking becomes a mess after awhile and you always need to check endless list for actual quests to use teleport.
  2. I was a bit surprised when I discover that Falconer’s pet takes character slot - What??
    New player want to learn the game and in desperate need of char slots. Sure later I will buy some but not in the beginning.
  3. Now there is a 5 base classes but still 4 slots this is strange. In other games when new class is added slots is expanded. Current event comes in very handy tho.
  4. Dual weapons (as I know from my little experience).
    It was a disappointment to discover that Assassin (and others) can’t equip dual daggers, Bullet Marker can’t equip dual pistols etc. You always carry some other weapon on your back and it destroys “class fantasy”.
    For my taste game need more weapon customization variants (dual weapon, unarmed, dual hand casting etc).
  5. Magic Shield sound effect is so annoying and loud, never ever will use again.

After patch SP consumption is out of hand I think, I use low level potions on CD but it doesn’t help =)

Other than that game is good, art style fairy-tale atmosphere is great and combat system is fun.

2 Likes

About it: I think we will never get to equip 2 of the same weapon. Instead we will have more stances, like:
Double Gun Stance from Bullet Marker (your character holds 2 pistols and atk with it while using AA but only needs one equipped);
Nak Muay/Monk instance (you double punch while using AA);
Corsair Double Weapon Assault (you connect your sword hits with your dagger/pistol hits)

1 Like
  1. You can uncheck quests in the quest window so they don’t appear on the right side of your screen. I’d do that for blue quests so you have a good overview of golden quests that are Story quests that give you not only exp cards, but also flat base and class exp as well as stat points.

2. There’s currently an event going on that gives you an character slot voucher, so you can gain a permanent additional character slot.

Dual weapons: This was previously addressed by the Korea. Playerbase as well. IMC is working on it, so this is something that will see an improvement in the near future.

1. You can turn down / off sound effects completely in the settings option. (gear / cogwheel icon).

SP Problems: We’ll soon receive an update with SP Skill consumption and Potion cooldowns reduced across the board like the Korean version. Until then, please keep in mind that you can use different Potions inbetween cooldowns, so after using an alchemist Potion you bought on the market, you can use a large sp potion from the npc shop during the alche pot cooldown, if you run out of SP. This works for all type of different Potions.

3 Likes

Thank you for helpful information, appreciate it.

I’m so positive about this game hope it will live long and successful.
There is so many things to learn and that’s fun!

1 Like

At this moment I have 172 Dragoon and 135 Shadowmanser.
As Shadowmancer I died today third time in boss fights, because run out of SP and then HP, while running circles and waited of CD refresh. And right before 120 gear I wasn’t able to kill mushroom boss in Owl Burial Ground because he regened hp faster than I mine resourses =)
I tried bonfire and it seems regen takes too long time.

I was speculating about which second class to try and concluded that we are all hybrids now.
My character is Shadowmancer no matter what next (warlock-bokor) classes will be.
So logically (as example) will be is to add a Primary/Main class option and allow to transfer 10-15 points from other tree for Main class boost. Or whatever.

its weird you dying from quest bosses ( it is a quest boss? )
… have you bought pardoner shop buffs? it would be easy to kill them …

You should see Barbarian’s Frenzy, which makes a loud Pinball game sound every time you hit something and every time you don’t hit something. There’s a lot of pet peevey things here and there in this game that really make me wonder what they were thinking. They just deleted that annoying CLANK CLANK CLANK Concentrate buff from Swordie at least that played every time they hit something.

“pardoner shop buffs” I didn’t know about it.
I have some event legendary OP temp gear on Dragoon and he almost one shots everything but with caster it’s another story.

A couple suggestions:

When gear drops you can look for gear with ‘SP recovery’ and ‘SP’ as stats. All you need to do is identify the gear using an NPC in town or with a Player Shop. This will help you with SP regen, as SP will still when moving or in combat, just only every 20 seconds instead of every 10 when standing still. Sitting to regen SP or using a bonfire along with it helps too.

Enhancing your weapons to +6 is an easy way to boost your offense without spending too much. You can buy Anvil’s from the Item NPC in town and use them to upgrade your gear.

Good luck!

Sorry for bump and for this stream of consciousness.

Impressions 140-390lvl
Mouse controls: sometimes it completely impossible to select NPC. Need to switch on keyboard and back every town session or some quests.
Game focused around group play for everything. But group play is a lie, because most time I play solo. In my reality it’s a dungeon crawler/arpg on the first place.
Dungeon queue seems not in a favor. Instanced dungeon tokens so OP.
Enchanter provides goooood damage boost, but necessity to rebuff 8-9 skills every 5 minutes, every zone is a nightmare.
Hunter-Falconer-x eats 3 characters slots, I have them but it feels wasted. Don’t like pets but have to use.

Giltine’s clash.
AFK/bots, team with 3 clerics. If team don’t have aoe dps it’s impossible to defend.
Boruta is horrible.
In WoW people create organized premades and farm solo players on bg or wpvp(in past). And it’s is not fun at all, it’s cancer. And now I stepped in this cave just to explore location and random velcoffer player killed my 360 char.
Why I should bother participate in this type of content maybe it’s for VIP?
As I understand it’s p2w game in pvp aspect. So forcing pvp is no good idea.

Overall I still think that ToS is a good unique game but have at least three big problems as I see:

1. HP and SP recovery mechanic outdated, bonfire is a joke (heard it will be buffed). From this we get next problem.
  2. Solo play should be fun for most class combinations not only for few strong/op builds. If game is fun to play solo, it will be fun to play in group even more (new player don’t know that he shouldn’t pick shadowmancer at first advancement etc).
  3. Very limited class and weapon system that not allow you to build character as you want. Weapon swap escalate this even more.
3 Likes

I will add something:

• level 1-140: early bosses buffed, feels much better for new players because you actually get a decent challenge while questing
  • level 140-390: late bosses overnerfed, it was fun to fight quest Ignas with 12 mil HPs and decent attacks, now with 800k HPs you can pretty much oneshot him – where’s the fun in that? (same applies to CM bosses btw)

Couldn’t agree more with Giltine event.

It really was a good event and had good mechanics… on paper.
I kinda enjoyed my first run even though it was messed up (i used a character with “show other characters effects” setting ticked off, making my team color and the orbs invisible), until i realized that its a big RNG event - you need to have luck getting an active team, getting a team with classes that can cc and aoe-kill well, and getting a team without or has less AFKers. Usually when i get the losing team (should be obvious after the first minute or so), i just sit, give up, and play mobile games while waiting for the time limit.

its very good event and very interesting

Everyone gets a prize regardless of winning, the winning team only gets 50 rebuild coins as a bonus. Enjoy the fun and relax. Also, it’s more about sending more monsters to the opponent’s side than it is about defending lol

Oh, it’s ONLY endgame content. Sure you can enjoy it with no gear. Everything should be enjoyable with no gear or investment, or even being in a guild! /s

Elaborate on how ToS is p2w in 2018+1…

DUDE IT’S A MMORPG

HOLY HELL. :joy:

What’s about the giltine armband ?
I would like to know if I have to win seriously 15 times( event page says yes ). With above said it’s very rng and impossible to do then. Unless you have guildies or friends who let you win T_T

The bigger problem with the gilktine clash is that the Red team has a clear advantage over the Blue, the monsters funnel really easily at 2 points to red side so it’s way easier to defend.

The monsters attacking blue walk over erratic terrain and even the roof of some of the houses,making it a pain to target AoE,they also funnel in 3 different ways.

It’s busted.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.