Tree of Savior Forum

First Conqueror Title: LAST WEEK

Just a heads up/warning.

This is probably the last week you can obtain the First Conqueror title from Tomb of the White Crow: Legend.

If you want this title, you need to clear Legend Skiaclipse once before next week. The title will no longer be obtainable after this week.

4 Likes

Confirmed Arts next week, 9/11 was an inside job

1 Like

Sigh… our group tried and tried and tried again. Although we clear phase 1 pretty quickly, we still were not able to break the 50% mark on phase 2. So it’ll be hard to get the title in a week :frowning:

I’m sure to have seen a guide to Legend Skiaclipse on forums, but I don’t remember where it was. Any idea?

I need to check a few things, in particular:

• how you are supposed to deal with the divebombs if you don’t play a wizard (Teleport will always trigger a millisecond before the attack while moving/jumping will not)
  • why the “residual burning” debuff doing x damage per second does automatically re-trigger with each time doing more damage (2x, 3x, 4x…) until you inevitably die (each time this happens I’m tempted to think it’s a bug not a feature – why put a 30s timer on a debuff if each time it reaches zero it restarts automatically at 30s?)

Here is a very good (mostly) correct guide on the raid.

He only ever dive bombs after he hits someone with lightning. He only throws lightning at people far away from him.

Because of this, you can know when he’s going to use lightning… he uses it the instant anyone walks too far away from him. This makes the lightning predictable, and dodgeable. Just based on your position, you know if he’s going to do it, and then, he has a unique sound, animation, and he turns to face the person before he does it, followed by a red telegraph on the ground. As long as you keep moving, it will miss. If it doesn’t hit anybody, he won’t dive bomb. Whoever he does hit will be the person he dive bombs, so you know where he’s going to dive bomb. If you’re very far away when he does hit with the lightning, the root effect will end before he can finish performing the dive bomb, so you can dodge it just by walking away. The lightning, like most skills he has, has a cooldown, so he won’t do it again for quite some time regardless of whether he hits or misses.

If you do manage to get caught in a reasonable range, and you know you’re going to get dive bombed, many classes have options whether it’s a defensive cooldown or mobility. Skills with iframes work (Teleport, as you said) or skills that just move you out of the area (Archer’s Leap). Defensive cooldowns like Engkrateia, Guardian, or Hallucination also work to survive it.

If all else fails, the healer in your party should have a number of options to save you. Many people can survive it simply having full HP (especially if your party has Magic Shield active, which you should) but the standard healer build for the fight (Kabbalist, Priest, Oracle) has a number of options, such as Foretell, Ein Sof, Revenged Sevenfold, Revive, and Arcane Energy. Any one of those skills should save you, and the healer can bring you up to full HP. Other support classes have their own options as well.

There are certainly more ways to get out of it or handle it, such as movement speed buffs, but those are some examples.

You get the burn debuff when you get hit by a meteor.

The debuff stacks from touching black puddles on the ground increase all damage you take until you lose the debuff. The burn debuff also simply gets stronger based on Skiaclipse’s missing HP, so the burn gets worse the further you are into the fight. If you want to minimize the damage, you have a few options:

1. Don’t get hit by meteors. Simply dodging them will avoid the burn altogether and the initial damage of the meteor.
  2. Don’t get debuff stacks from touching black puddles on the ground.
  3. Use Aukuras scrolls or have a Krivis in your party use it. Aukuras rapidly decreases the duration of debuffs and will work on both the burn and the debuff stacks for increased damage taken.
  4. Use skills and buffs that reduce damage taken.
1 Like

Thanks for your input. We’ll try again and hope this time we succeed :slight_smile:

One word about the guide…

“You cannot enter the raid again if you disconnect, get VGA-error, or die and leave map”

This is not true. You cannot re-enter the raid only during phase 2. If you die during phase 1, you should never use a Soul Crystal or your only Resurrection, but simply choose “respawn to the field”, repair, rebuff and rejoin via the entrance portal.

I hope this is not a bug but intended, otherwise I feel bad… :flushed:

I didn’t write the guide, but like I said, it’s mostly correct. You can only re-enter while Skiaclipse’s HP is above 60-70% in the second phase. After that, the portal closes.

The meteor part is incorrect. The burn damage actually stacks up when meteor hits “no one” and not due to Skia’s HP. To prevent burn damage raise, the best method is tanking every meteor together since meteor damage shares across people who get hit, it will be very minimum if tank with 5 members which will eventually gives less pressure on healer for the burn damage.

1 Like

Fade stops the boss from jumping
So if anyone is caught on the lightning just ask the healer to use Fade.
If the healer is the one that get caught so there is not much he can do, clerics doesn’t have evasive habilities, so he will have to tank the dive, having a wizard on the party with maxed Magic Shield helps a lot, also if the healer is kabbalist he can use R7f in this ocasion.

The worst part is definitely when he reaches 35% because of the Tornado, if no one is paying close attention the Tornado will build stacks rapidly and your party will wipe in seconds, so a Oracle is almost mandatory or some other class that can break magic circles.
Basically you need to memorize all HP threshold so you will know what to do in that moment.

Useful tips: Use scrolls, Aukuras, Zalciai, Turn Undead (can one shot the black orbs), Barrier (can block the black orbs so you can destroy them safely), if you have Oracle, spam TF.

I don’t think this is correct either. Burn damage wasn’t changing for me in my run just now regardless of who soaked the meteor and I wouldn’t get burn even if nobody soaked the meteor.

The mechanics on the burn are a bit confusing.

As long as anyone of the team member soak it, the burning damage won’t get higher. It has to hit someone. We tested with many run, if you miss a couple meteor, the burning damage stack up insanely high.

They are. I’m 100% sure I’ve done runs where I never got hit by any meteor and died because I got the burn debuff which stacked indefinitely (30s of x damage then restarted when reaching 0 with 2x damage then again with 3x damage…). I didn’t say anything because I simply thought meteors were leaving a trace on the ground that was the “residual heat”, just like the black puddles, simply without a visual warning showing them, and walking on the spots triggered the effect.

Then this is clearly a bug. That mechanic would be pretty stupid… Hitting should trigger the burn effect, not missing. Or at least walking on the spot of the meteor after it lands.

All we can do is interpret the mechanic as is. Maybe it spreads between party members or there is a residual effect, or it comes from something else… uncertain.

The burn effect has always been irrelevant/nonlethal for my parties, so I generally have not paid much attention to it. With a good healer and damage reduction effects active, it shouldn’t be an issue.

As far as I am aware the burn effect is only spread to all party members if no one take the meteor damage, ideally people should take turns tanking the meteor. But I didn’t faced many problems with the burning damage.

Today is the last day to acquire the title. It was confirmed in today’s patch notes.

If you want this title, defeat Legend Skiaclipse (Tomb of the White Crow: Legend) before maintenance.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.