Tree of Savior Forum

Fireball + storm dust

The description says if storm dust is used on fireball, the fireball damage is applied.

What does that mean? All the damage comes from fireball? Or the damage comes from storm dust in addition to fireball’s damage? In other word, is it necessary to level up storm dust or just leave it at 1?

It’s a incredible combo, that deals the fireball damage + storm gust damage to everything near. It’s amazing, seriously. I recommend level both spells to max, but most of the damage comes from fireball.

Oh ok. Was hoping fireball could do it all and just leave storm dust at 1 because I want a few points in stone curse XD

does multiple Fireball + storm works? like deal multiple damage. and if Backmask works with Storm to reset storm’s duration

Only one fireball damage is applied. The only benefit you gain from using more than one fireball is a wider area of effect unless you put them on the exact same spot (it only results on a SP waste).

The damage done with the Fireball+Stormdust combo corresponds to 66% of the Fireball damage (all the attribute, agny buff and damage buff such as Chapparition cards for example are applied first then multiplied by 2/3).
The Stormdust attribute (additional duration) sadly doesn’t proc fireball.

Despite being chronomancer/elem/pyro, I never tried sorry

1 Like

As Parmenion say is look cool but is not that good what storm dust do is increase the range of the Fire Ball and even if you see multiple fire attack it still a fireball and the skill only hit the mob once, so if a mob survive the first hit the other hits will not hit the same mob, but the hits will hit new mobs so is an ok skill for cm but dont use on bosses only as a filler or you will waste rotation time

No, you are wrong. You don’t hit the mobs once with the combo, it hits for the duration of Storm Gust, but, as said before, the damage is a bit lower than fireball. The animation shows the damage of the combo, each tic of the animation is a damage tic on the mob.

1 Like

no dude check a video in a really slow motion or test it in pvp fire ball hit ONCE per fire ball is a really good trap so dont fall for it LOL

Check this video at 2:00 mark, here you can see that first he cast fireball - it explodes, dealing one big damage on everything. Then he cast storm gust inside of it. It deals the storm gust damage + fireball damage on each tic of it. Each 0.3s. Each time the animation of the combo tics, the mobs receive damage from both spells.

If you still don’t believe it, just test it in the game. It is working as indeed. You can also test it in the Klaipeda Giltine event, where mobs take 1 damage. You can definetly see the diference there.

What I was trying to explain:

• The storm-dust combo + fireball is really strong but not OP (the scaling is tuned down with only 66% of the fireball damage)

• Using more than fireball per Storm-dust is useless because each monster will take only damage from one fireball per tick of storm-dust even if you put the five together. It is only useful if you want to hit a larger range

For using it every challenge since RE-Build, @allysfigueiredo is right about how it works. Every 0.3 second, you gain an AoE tick damage representing 66% of a fireball damage in addition to the normal Storm-dust damage.

yeah just tested it i gess i count only one hit since i put all the fire balls and counted the hit but only take one as base mm i c ah btw i just tested and there is a bug if you put the fireball and the storm in the middle the fireball extra hits are not hitting the target and if you put it on the side some storm hit are missing
well since cast point is slow af and damage scale is no that great i will only put it lvl 4 on fb at most and yeah i m not even using elementalist on the builds since there is a better combo on wiz dps but is good to know new things i gess when i tested first i proct the bug that why only hit once? and btw the extra hits are 9 so you could say using 1 fireball + storm is like casting 6 fireballs at once yep is strong but still ele is really weak if not for the buff to fire i will not put it on build and yeah there is an stroger combo for ele pyro so not using ele i gess xD

Cool! So I guess leveling both fireball and storm dust is necessary.

Another topic: what do you guys think about Prominence and Fire Claw? Fire Claw’s description looks so weak (around 300% at max?), but in the video @allysfigueiredo provided, Fire Claw seems really strong! I haven’t tested Prominence because my pyromancer is class level 26…

Fire claw is strong AF. I doubted it at first due to the spread dmg but if you are able to trap mobs in one place, like for example inside a fire pillar, go inside the pillar and use fire claw, all flames would hit all mobs and deal tremendous dmg.

Fire Claw also has low-ish CD and gets a Enhance Attribute soon. Not bad skill.

Yea from the looks of that video, Fire Claw is indeed amazing. Why is the description making it sound like crap XD?

Well, I guess I have to sacrifice some points in elem class. Is the elem buff worth it? I find it quite situational. I wanna get stone curse because I have pyro.

Yes, it is, extremely powerful. However, it is a 20s buff, so you have to rebuff a lot. But it is very powerful. I personally don’t like Stone Curse, but right now it is more powerful than Fire Claw, because FC does not have the enhance attribute, but when fire claw gets it, I will use this - https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y8synfg6

The one point in Hail is a personal choice, but the ability to freeze mobs can save us sometimes.

Ugh… I cannot open tos guru…

Is the elemental buff really 20s?! I’d not invest in it if that was the case.

What do you guys think about Prominence then?

Not only save people, but also the boss (like in Saalus) will not walk/jump/run away while frozen.
Boss moving out of all the Creepings and other AoE skills is very annoying and screws the DPS up. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Pretty good instant cast range aoe skill, fire and forget decent dmg, good scaling for only 5 Points. :+1:

1 Like

Theres a reason its only 20sec its pretty powerfull vs high ele resist bosses/mobs would be a nobrainer if it were a 4min buff xD now u actually have to use it before your burst rotation etc

which one powerfull with ice wall + kino onmyoji?