Tree of Savior Forum

Fireball + PP combo questions

Hey y’all!! I’m trying to find ways to make this caracteristic combo more viable, wich would mean make the Fireball stay in place without using the walls of the surroundings. To the questions:

1. Does Raise make the Fireball fly? If so, it stays in place when using PP or is knocked back?
  2. Does Magnetic Force pull the Fireball? If so, it stays in place while using PP?
  3. There is any other skill like Ice Wall that makes the Fireball stays in place?
  4. The damage of the explosion is based on Magic Attack just like the Ice Wall + PP combo, right? Cause i’ve read somewhere that the damage of FB+PP is higher than IW+PP o.o

I don’t have pyro, but I partied with lots of them so :

1. no
  2. no
  3. linker’s joint penalty
  4. I can’t really give an answer to this but icewall PP dmg is based on mattk + PP + icewall

The damage of the fireball combo is high because it also uses the fireball’s skill damage value. Icewall doesn’t get this bonus. So a fireball 15 is adding its own skill damage, which makes it do insane damage. Especially if you wait, and stack 4 fireballs before PPing.

You can use necromancer’s dirty pole to stop the fireballs from moving. Also to note, if you place an icewall under fireballs, they will be lifted on top of it and won’t move when hit, but they also won’t damage the icewall.

As an aside, the damage from fireball PP is the same as icewall PP, in that the source of damage comes from the owner of the fireball/icewall. So make sure you don’t accidentally PP on an enemy fireball that has been placed, or you’ll destroy your party haha.

Oh thanks! I’m kinda disapointed that (1) and (2) are “no” T.T
And by Joint Penalty you mean Hangman’s Knot, right? Cause the snare locks the Fireball, is that it? But seem bad now that it just snares for 2s (linkC1)…

Oh but you mean that the base skill damage of Fireball is added to the MAtk damage of the “shards of fire in the big explosion” or just if the enemy is in the “normal range” of the Fireball (aka really close)?

And I knew about that Icewall under Fireball, that was what I mentioned in question (3), but the cooldown is reeeeeally big so I’m looking for other ways to do that.

And I did not knew about the “PP on enemy’s FB” lol seems dangerous O.O and funny at the same time hahaha

Actually no, I read somewhere that just linking the fireball would make it unmovable, without HK.

Okay, so I dug around and turns out I was wrong about linker. But the synergy is great tho : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnTexk6p1s

Thanks! Seems to require a lot of positioning (like the IW+PP combo of course) but i guess a 22s cooldown using JP to link de Fireballs is good to use while Icewall ( to keep Fireballs in place) is on its looooong cooldown T.T