Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ”„ [TEST] Player size is MEDIUM

Of all things I wanted to test during the reset event, I forgot to do this. :frowning:

I vaguely recall someone in a thread saying players are actually small size, not medium as most of us probably thought. I unfortunately can dig and find that thread anymore.

Anyone have tested (especially those with Hop [Pierce]), have info, or can point me to a reliable source? TIA

ps Iā€™m running a Hoplite C2 but didnā€™t get Pierce at all. Itā€™s a weird build.

###UPDATE

Thanks to @HaruHaru for helping me run this test.

We used Hopā€™s ā€œPierceā€ skill as reference due to its ability to deal multiple hits based on monster size. The skill hits 2x on medium-size monsters, 3x on large, and if with the ā€œContinuous Attackā€ attribute 4x on bosses.

Having been always hit TWICE at multiple instances weā€™ve tried with the skill, I have (at least on these tests) confirmed that players are indeed considered medium size.

Hereā€™s a slowed down vid:

Case closed, but anyone is free to test this thoroughly. Also, I now regret taking Pel1 instead of going Hop3. :joy_cat:

Iā€™m not 100% sure, but I think it base on how much AoE Defense Ratio you have.
Small Monster: 1
Medium: 2
Large: 3
It explain why some skill tools tip says Attack Ratio 6 but you can only hit 3 Medium Monsters. Maybe the same for players, or maybe, player isnā€™t monster at all.
I could be wrong.

1 Like

medium and demi-human, oh waitā€¦nvm i donā€™t know

2 Likes

Hahaha wrong game. XD

Interesting view, and kinda makes sense. Thanks for your input!

Hopefully someone else here have tested things and will be willing to share the results.

1 Like

i doubt this one is trueā€¦cuz when i use a skill with no-aoe ratio but equipping a vubbe gauntlets(+2 aoe attack ratio) i could hit two large bosses( i can only hit 1 without vubbe gauntlets)

btw the skill im talking about is hackapellā€™s storm bolt

1 Like

Canā€™t remember where but I remember reading somewhere, player characters count as beast types and small sized which is 1ADR here in ToS.

1 Like

just Pierce someone and it will tell you what they are :wink:

1 Like

Your basic AoE attack is 3, adding from Vubbe would be 5 and your basic skill aoe too. Itā€™s easy to hit 2 bosses at once.
You donā€™t have to be at exact number to hit more than 1 target. Letā€™s say if you want to hit 3 medium, you only need 5 instead of 6.

Iā€™m so dumb. Hahaha good idea! BRB once servers are up.

EDIT: NVM, I did not get Pierce (itā€™s a weird build Iā€™m running). Anyone here can test please? :smiley:

I got it but am not going to poke anyone soon xD

at least not in the next 15h :sleeping:

Please try it for science. Iā€™m sure there are a lot out there willing to be poked for science. :wink:

sadly the servers starting conflict with my sleep time, so I will only poke people in my sleepā€¦

but you are seen thing on 1 way onlyā€¦

:yin_yang:

thing on the other direction and ask to be poke :yum:

If youā€™re in Telsiai I can test it with you when servers are back up.

Iā€™m up. PM me in-game ā€œZeroFoxGivenā€.

Give me a moment. Canā€™t seem to get past character screen.

i thinkā€¦ not so bigā€¦ some times, a couple metersā€¦

Feel free to call me on any other tests in the future ~
I have quite a variety of builds to make use of.

AoE attack ratio was a mistake.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.