Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ”„ Stats post-rework: A little too useless?

It is not a secret that transcendence was a huge mistake. You can still achieve a lot of damage having a transcended(+refined) weapon being full con.

2 Likes

My point, I suppose, is to stop judging things from the extreme end of things (how many people even have trans 10?)

Also, at what point would you consider something not ā€˜a little too uselessā€™?

I mean, letā€™s say someone trans 10 Solkimi 2H (1850 or so average damage, should be the highest of all weapon available), enhance it to another +1000 attack or so, thatā€™d be about 6500 attack from it.
Even just 800 attack (320 stat points) gained from STR would still be over 15% damage gains (both from the raw attack and the increases from log calculation)

Also, Iā€™m not sure why you bring up DEX when you didnā€™t think block pen have any impact.

As for CON, the rebalanceā€™s damage and HP scaling makes everyone have enough base HP that you donā€™t risk getting one-shotā€™d anymore, so unless youā€™re expecting to take lots of damage constantly, just the occasional heal from your cleric should suffice.
Also the extra heling on pot is 0.1% per CON/SPR iirc, so itā€™s not very good.

Stats in general are "useless"
Not actually useless only that the difference in potency for using any stat offensively is minor compared to gear, either way you split it.
Outside of an INT swordsmen and to a lesser degree SPR swordsman. The game isnā€™t very punitive based on your stat selection if you had the gear. Since most people donā€™t have fancy gear howeverā€¦Stats are important.

1 Like

What about skills that scale with stats?

Every single tree has those now and they actually make a difference.

Gung ho gives hundreds of PATk at lv 15 if you have enough STR
Concentrate 15 can reach 1k extra damage

Archer has Kneeling Shot

Wizards has debuffs AND buffs that scale with INT and SPR

Cleric always had SPR scaling.

Itā€™s way more progressive than what we had before. People without gear at least have an option to focus one those skills now.

I agree we should have more skills like that. You can sortof make a DEX Swordsman if you do something like Swords3HL3 so you get several skills with bonus crit chance and attack speed scaling + concentrate15 and +50% crit attack from HL.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also debuffs that got reduced duration,like Armor Break.

You need more atk speed now to make better use of it,for example.

Even if you get a 4k atk weapon (really endgame), getting the extra 1k atk from STR/INT will give you around 25% more damage against the highest level enemies we have now.

My complains are for SPR and DEX. Devs want everyclass to be able to use both, but only getting max SP and regen doesnt make SPR appealing, while DEX doesnt make all physical skills faster and still doesnt give anything good to mages.

Thoughts: What if SPR increases buff/debuff duration, as well as reduces debuff duration on you?

As for Dex, how I think it can be improved is that:

1. non-Wizard have a base 5-10% crit chance (Archer can have 10, while Cleric/Swordsman 5), this way even someone with 0 crit rate can still crit (so physical DD arenā€™t forced to only wear leather, but leather will still be the best one with the +50 crit rate)
  2. Have crit attack applies inside log calculation (on crit only obviously)

To balance these out, reduces the 1.5x crit modifier on crit.

This way even a pure dex, non-leather character can still benefit a little bit from the base 5% crit, but without high dex your crit wonā€™t be as big.

Quite an increasing number. In Telsiai at least.

It was meant to be a comparison with pre-rework stats.

You donā€™t see how DEX is increasing your Critical Attack now ? You just need to find some ways to increase your Critical Rate. Thatā€™s funny to see how Blindside is hitting like a trunk just because it deals more than 1000% when you level it up and is all the time a critical strike lol.

Fire Enchant lvl 15 and Enchant Lightning lvl 5 with a full INT Wizard :blue_heart:.

ps : Didnā€™t read all posts soz :smile:.

a little off topicā€¦how much does critical attack affects the final damage of a critical damageā€¦i mean whats the formulaā€¦cuz im wodering if i should go red gem or yellow gem for my weapon

Crit Attack is used in Skill Factor but is not used in the log calculation, the 50% Crit Modifier is scaled from PATK (not CATK). Yellow Gems are basically irrelevant on your weapons, use Red Gems.

1 Like

I do, but I know not everyone goes at least Rogue1 and has full-stack WW cards. Itā€™s quite an investment to make such a substat viable in high amount. There are skills that surely benefit from having high CritAtk, but again not everyone has those.

The rework was supposed to untangle the previous meta and introduce more varied viable builds but right now it just seems to introduce new metas and made non-meta builds even more non-viable.

Could go full SPR and get the same effect. :smiley:

IIRC it goes in ā€œattackā€ if crit procs.

If Iā€™m wrong and that flat CritAtk from equips is still considered ā€œadditional damageā€ like pre-rework then it might not be worth stacking it at all unless youā€™re willing to go all out and stack all the CritRate you can as well, and have lots of multihit skills.

1 Like

Actually Archer 2 gives 150 Critical Rate from Switft Step and 200 from Kneeling Shot if Iā€™m correct. Plus there are green gems (but yes they are not giving a lot of Critical Rate).

I didnā€™t know Enchants had the same ratio with SPR. But anyway itā€™s better to go INT as SPR does not improve most of your offensive skills.

Another idea is adding to the investable stats, is innate stat growth per character level depending on class tree

ex:

R1

• Sw=str+1con+1dex+1
  • Cl=con+1int+1spr+1
  • Ar=str1+dex+2
  • Wz=int+2spr+1

While R2 and above circle/classes passive increase in sub-stats looks something like:

R2

• HL/Ranger= crit+5% crit dmg+10%
  • Pelt/QS= hp+5% block+10%
  • Priest/Cryo status resist+15%
  • Kriv/Pyro magic amp+15%

Phyisical damage dealers will only add minimum Dex for BlockPen and Str for accuracy, the rest can go all to Con while the weapon carries majority of the damage.
Spr? what, spam more skills? +0.1%/Spr to pot recovery? complete BS.

Magic users have it easy~

IMC should add magic-evade instead of mdef in Spr so people will take it lol

lol forget it.
IMC down right wants you all to kill yourselves over items.

This is exactly right. The higher your attack stat is (atk/matk) the less relevant both STR and DEX become. STRā€™s contribution to the multiplier is always capped at 100% given the min{} function in the damage formula. Given that, STRā€™s contribution to damage per se is always a flat value (ex: 2 atk per STR). DEX is the same (ex: 5 c.atk per DEX). DEX can let you finish your skill cycle faster (shorter execution time) but you are still gated by CDā€™s.

Since that is the case already, why not just get rid of raw damage via stats.
1 STR = 40HP + HP potion recover
1 CON = 80HP + 10 HP recovery
1 INT = 50SP + SP potion recovery
1 SPR = 10SP + 5 SP recovery
1 DEX = aspd + mspd

I took a long hard look at my toons and all the ā€œaltsā€ that have ā€œno weaponsā€ are crap. Iā€™m fine with that because Iā€™ve gone the ā€œcheap altā€ route to make them usable at least (support classes). With the ridiculous 20k DPK on purple HG gear I doubt I;ll get enough to gear all of them anyway.

I was kind of concerned with the mana cost of certain skills. pandemic cost like 400 sp now so iā€™m seeing if 50~ spirit makes me less of a potion whore. I guess some people like spending 200k silver a day on potions.

The blue 315 weapons are good enough to gear up alts. Donā€™t make them all supports, you might end up regretting that. It costs merely 1m to upgrade one of those weapons to a decent level, which lets you use your characters just like you used to.

I hear you. I just relegated some pre-combat change ā€œfun buildsā€ to full on tavern support (base camp squire, scroller cleric/enchanter, etc). But my point still stands. These weapons are going to carry my alts and not the stats. The only exception right now are priests. Iā€™m currently using priest3 variants to farm HGā€™s.

My pyro3-chrono3-ench currently does not need INT. Damage comes from 4 lines of atk + dagger + 5hammer + [blessing]. The only pyro skills I use are [enchant fire] and [flame ground]. The only reason I donā€™t use her more often is I have a Ch-Inq that does the same thing but with 5 lines of atk instead and self [blessing].

My scroller is priest3-pd2 and can do a lot of content too due to multi hit + [blessing].