Tree of Savior Forum

Fencer Help, Please and Thank You!

Fondest Greetings!

I was hoping to get some help in deciding on a build for making a proper Fencer. I love the class and would like to perform well and not let anybody down if I happen to find myself in a party in a difficult or high level content.

I am trying to decide between:

1. Sw1>Pelt2>Hoplite2>Fencer3>Shinobi
  2. Sw3>Pelt2>Fencer3>Shinobi
  3. Something with Matador?

I would appreciate any help in understanding the differences so I can make an informed decision on which build would be best for me. It seems like with the recent changes to Guardian for Peltasta that Pelt2 is very attractive, which is why build #1 has that instead of Hop3, even though I’d love to have Stabbing and Pierce at 15. Also… I’ve heard Matador is a bit underwhelming? Is this true?

Thank you kindly! :3

Wishing You Well,
Sylvermoon

I went Sword 3 - Highlander 2 - Fencer 3 - Matador
Matador really is a letdown, at least for me since i only got to play
But since i went Fencer 3 (which is AMAZING, by the way) i only use matador buffs to raise my crit rate, etc
Also Faena is kinda nice

I wish i could reset and pick Pelt1 atleast, matador’s taunt only taunt 5 targets (8 if you buy atributes) and since fencer has damage, but not AoE, it’s hard to fight against scattered groups of enemies

the matador build would be Either

1. sw1 - pelt1 - hop3 - Fencer3 - mata1
  2. sw1 - pelt1 - highlander3 - fencer3 - mata1
    Shinobi gives you more “burst” damage , but bare in mind clones don’t get Attribute bonus from Skills anymore .
    For Fencer specifically , Peltasta 2 - Hoplite 2 versus Peltasta 1 - Hoplite 3 . let’s weigh the pro’s & con’s between taking one over the other , starting with Pelt 2 - hop 2 followed by pelt1 - hop3 .

Pro’s :
Guardian 47 sec up time 3 sec down time & 20% reduc dmg from attribute
Swash Buckling allows you to catch 16 targets (lvl10) 11 targets (lvl5)

Con’s :
Stabbing [lvl100] does 228% x 15 (lvl10) instead of 272% x 25 (lvl15) -10 extra hits from H3 attri
with Fencers Preparation Buff - 3,420% x 2 = 6,840% vs 6,800% x 2 = 13,600%
Total difference = [ 6,760%] Damage loss Per Stabbing . 25 sec cd ( cooldown starts the moment skill is used )

So tldr , most if not all fencers can deal 5m dmg with stabbing , going for hop 2 you lose 2.5m dmg per rotation in exchange for a little more mob agro and 20% dmg reduc . Fencer’s also have really high dex usually capped at 560 or some go beyond that , therefore they don’t really get hit by any damage due to the amount evasion they get from it , only works for Physical attacks though .

Thank you both for your replies! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time out to help me make a decision :3

So… in that case I need to decide between Sword3>Pelt2>Fencer3>Shinobi
or
Sword1>Pelt1>Hop3>Fencer3>Shinobi

I’m having a hard time deciding between the higher damage, or the better durability. I’m not sure if, in difficult content, I’ll need the extra damage reduction to survive incoming magic damage, or to stand in damage zones and face tank the incoming damage so I don’t have to move out of the way and stop DPS.

Thanks again for your perspective and assistance! Blessings of good fortune upon you both.

You should check this guide: Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

I have, actually! I just needed some additional insight and input. Thank you for posting it up and taking the time to offer some help :3