Tree of Savior Forum

Fellow Linkers, Please Help

Okay so i have been experiancing weird stuff with this class and was hoping to learn if this happens to more people.

1 - Joint Penalty has weird range. Sometimes it wont link mobs close to me but will leap across the screen to capture a crystal tree. Can’t 100% figure out the range for this skill.
2 - Hangmans knot sometimes just doesn’t work. Will go on cooldown but mobs are not immobile and gathered into one spot.
3 - Hangmans knot will work but sometimes enemys get caught on scenery, like a tree or rock.
4 - Hangmans knot works but one enemy is excluded from knot and still attacking.
5 - Hangmans knot doesn’t work if you’re facing away from the mobs. This seems intentional but i am not sure. As long as i am facing one mob it works though.
6 - I’m not sure what decides where hangmans knot gathers mobs. It seems pretty random though is often close by to where i was standing. In party though i have seen all mobs gather by another player who was attacking them.

Any answers or insight is appreciated.

1. Yeah it does. It seems the targeting of this skill is more-or-less the same as other “chaining” skills. If one is an ele, you can learn ahead of time or ‘mark’ Electrocute targets with JP because Electrocute will strike those targets affected by it. Good thing there is a electric element boosting attribute eh?

2. Bug

3. Expected bug

4. Bug

5. I think this was…intended…Not intended? I’m familiar with this - I guess I’ll take the easy road and say bug.

6. I think it gathers to the first linked mob from my experiences. I’m not too sure either. However, your last sentence reminds me of something:

Want to know the fastest way to get kicked out of a group on a boss? Link up the boss traps and HK over a player. Accidentally done this twice on the world boss in Crystal Mines…Yes accidentally.

make sure that when you use hangman knot mobs are in front of you.

Lol @ the last one xD thats good to know muahaahaa. Though most of the time i hk the traps they never move x.x i wonder why we get that difference xD anyways thank you so much, i’ll post the bugs in the proper forum and maybe they’ll get some staff attention.

@fang_cross The bugs i’m talking about happen when i am facings mobs as well, that’s why i listed the not facing them thing seperately.

I might have to check this out again but Hangman’s Knot always pulls everything else to the closest mob I’m facing.

1 Like

I’ve found that it pulls them either to the center of the group, or towards a mob that you have your mouse near and are facing. It might be based on the distance you are from the mob you’re pulling everything to but I’m not sure.

Sometimes it just randomly pulls everything wherever it wants though which I’d imagine is a bug.

@Altariel i see, this does not always happen for me. Sometimes it just seems to move them to a random mob in the link, other times it just moves it to some random place xD if i have a melle beating down a mob they tend to move there (but thats useful) or sometimes it will just exclude the mob thats getting beaten down xD
@Empress yes a lot of the time it seems buggy for me and just moves them wherever xD i really wish i could know how the mechanics of this skill actually works. Sometimes i feel like it just chooses a random mob and maybe i’m not seeing there real position on the map so it just appears to me like it’s ending up in an odd place. I don’t play mouse mode so i can’t comment on that. I wish it would always pull them to infront of me so i could better position the mobs for my dps, instead of whichever arbitrary way the game decides.