Tree of Savior Forum

Feedbacks and suggestions for IMC after experiencing the beta

I would like to start by saying thank you for IMCGames for the opportunity that you all have given for us to be able to test the game in this beta. Although bugs and errors were present, I would like to think it as something that provides us ‘something’ to do in the game, rather than just powerleveling our characters to the max.

Now that beta test has ended for exactly a week, I wanted to share my experience on the game and I want to leave a constructive feedback to IMC that might come in useful in future developments.

Before I start, I would like to let you know that I only played Swordsman in the CBT and I haven’t tested other classes aside from Swordsman. So, there’ll be some correlation related to Swordsman in this post.

Now, onto the suggestions…:

1. User Interface and Fonts.
    Yes, this is the first thing that I’ve come up in mind and let’s just get straight up to the point; the old UI is way better than the new one for me, and for a lot of people I believe. Although I knew from the start that it was a really hard decision for the devs to make, they all decided to make it so the UI would fit the game’s theme. While I am okay with the new UI, I reaaallly loved the old UI. That is why I suggest that please at least make it so we, players, are able to switch UIs so that we can pick the one we preferred. Secondly, I wanted to express my feelings for the font that were being used in beta. I wouldn’t say it’s ugly per se, but Quattrocento font is best suited for website development, not games. With all those text outlines and pixelated renders, the font has become something not easily perceived by eyes; they look ugly, at least for me. Although there is a trick to change the game fonts (which I really do not recommend by changing it manually from your game’s folder), please make it so fonts are changeable via settings. One of the things that we’ve been longing for is the fact that we are able to change the game’s look and feel so we are not feeling bored to the game, and I, myself, agree that it is one of the most important factor to a successful game.

2. Stats: CON
    While I am perfectly fine with all other stats, there is one stat that really bothers me to the oblivion. It’s CON. First of all, I don’t know whether its an ingame description bug or not, but from what I’ve tested, it clearly doesn’t add any PDEF at all as indicated to the stat description. So, the fact that CON doesn’t add any physical defense is a serious letdown for classes like Swordsman. It’s sickening for me for all the Swordsman to go full STR and DEX just because CON doesn’t have any real benefit aside of increasing HP, and the useless weight limit increase. Had you make CON increases PDEF, people would start thinking on dumping stats on CON for more survivability, which means more intuitive character stat build rather than just going for a glass canon build with maxed STR and DEX, or just pure STR with crit enhancement gems for Swordsmen. My suggestion is that to add PDEF for each CON added just to balance things out on the stat.

3. The Grindfest.
    The grind, although maddening, is a pretty common (bad) attempt in games to make players play together. And in my opinion, it’s the same with this game. My experience with this game for two days straight was not that hell of an experience. I’ve grinded, yes, with some random people, and there is no communication at all. All we do were inviting people into party and start hunting for blue mobs. It was probably the quickest way to level post-30, but, the initial question remains; where’s the FUN in that? My suggestion is that reduce the need of grinding as much as possible, but not by increasing the EXP rates. Implement a feature where specific quests can only be accomplished when in a party that gives high amount of EXP.

4. The gameplay modes.
    When I played my Swordsman and changed the game’s mode to mouse mode, the system told me that it is highly inadvisable to use mouse mode when using Swordsman and Cleric, that was why I kept on using the Keyboard mode. After two hours of playing, I felt like playing in Keyboard mode felt too tiring and made my progress slower. That is when I tried to use the mouse mode and loving it. It made my reaction faster, and didn’t tire my hands really much. It was really intuitive since it was a similar gameplay mode that were used in RO. That being said, I wanted to leave a little suggestion for the devs; please, as much as possible, do not lead us to false recommendation to the game regarding the game modes.

5. Customizability
    I think this is also one of the most important feature that the devs miss out in this game, it’s the ability for players to customize the game’s UI and preferences. Players have their own set of preferences when they are playing a game, and why would it be different in this game? I think it will be more likable if there is a feature where we could change our skill’s shortcuts, our UI placements, and so on. My suggestion is to add that feature in the next beta, or possibly in the OBT if there is no more betas as there are already lots of players complaining about this.

I might continue this thread tomorrow if I have time, but at the time being I think that is it. Constructive feedbacks and positive critiques are always welcome, and I avoid any forms of bashful comments, flame posts and etc. Thank you.