Tree of Savior Forum

Hi there, a former Ragnarok player here.

The good:

So why do people complain about tree of savior beeing boring? In my opinion they probably dont get it how to play this game properly.
First at all many people complaining, probably play like they do in other mmorpgs and try to reach as fast as possible max level, which for sure is a part of a mmo, but if you really spend your time on a map, not only rushing one quest to the next quest, you probably figure out at least 1 hidden quest on each or every 2nd-3rd map, on your own. This is a great thing they built in. Of course you can wait until people wrote guides and so on, but it is alot of fun to find it out by urself. Often you meet other people talk with them, make them curious and you create a party with the sole purpose of figuring out how to finish this quest. Those are the real entertaining aspects. Complaining about it is probably stupid, since you are in a Sandbox mmo, so if you are bored socialize with others, thats what ragnarok was known for. This grinding gap doesnt only provides you time to explore the unexplored corners of maps, it also gives you time to look for the items you could easily farm for the receipes you found during your quests. This game is well balanced.

The bad:
I am fine with the rates as they are now currently in the cbt and i am not sure it’d be a good decision if you go back from 3x to 1x , but since i dont know the replayabiliy with a 1x rate i can only guess and wait for the open beta.
Bugs are occuring everywhere buts its a cbt so its ok :wink:

4 Likes

I agree with the exp rates. I like 3x. It’s not too fast, not too slow. Just perfect.

A lot of my friends and I would be repelled if the rates go back to 1x.

1 Like

I think these are the actual 1x rates though, not enhanced rates. It wouldn’t make any sense to have them lower. They were only low for the first CBT, because they were doing a stress test.

Also OP, how far have you actually gone in this game?

I find the game to be more fun at lower levels (before you hit 100), but I can see how the game can be unfun when there’s not enough channels or enough mobs spawning on a map to level off of.

From what I read, this beta test rates are the same as kCBT rates which is 3x.

Source?

(20 characters)

"7) Other Information

All data from 1st Beta Test will be reset
All the Rates in the game including EXP/Drop Rates and etc will be based on Korean 3rd CBT."

im lvl 117 Peltasta with my char, gonna reacha grinding gap soon, it may be not the most entertaining part but people cant expect a game that gives you 100% satisfaction this is not possible lol :stuck_out_tongue:

People will just have to wait for new contents. Remember, the game is still new so it still has a lot of room for improvement (and International Version is still in 2nd CBT while Korean Version is still in OBT so we are still not experiencing the whole game).

It says it’ll be based on the Korean 3rd CBT, but no where does that actually say it’s increased rates. It doesn’t say at all that it’s 3x, so as far as anyone knows that could actually be the official rates for the OBT as well.

I personally don’t really care much about the exp issue whether it’s too easy or too hard. I’m just looking forward to the point where they add guilds and stuff, fix friends list, etc. so that people actually have things they can do to bond with one another. I don’t care how long it’ll take me to get the max level. All I care is that while I’m playing the game, I can make friends and feel some attachment to the community. I believe it’ll be much more meaningful if you have friends to play with you. That’s what keeps me playing MMORPG games.

If I only care about getting the max level… I might as well go play some singleplayer games. But the current game mechanics doesn’t allow you to bond much with other players. This is mostly due to the friends list system getting bugged, no guilds/clans yet, etc. It currently feels boring to me because it looks like every other players in the game are in his/her own world. It’s difficult to communicate with new friends because you can’t even add them, and always relying on staying in the same party just to keep in touch easily, will severely limit your opportunities like finding new friends or partying with other players to do dungeon runs, etc.

TL:DR The bond and relationship between players and the community are much more important to me and it’s what keeps me playing any mmorpg games for a long time. I don’t care how long it takes to get the max level as long as I have friends to go on that journey with me.

It’s not the exp rate that makes this game felt boring though. It’s how the implementation of a few features that actually reduce the way to play a game.

Example:

• Boring and repetitive quest. Linear quest can actually be fun but I don’t feel so in this game. It kinda became a I must do this to move on activity in the game.
  • Limited economy activity. Trying to limit the economy abuse is fine, but the way they did it kinda force the player to find the godlike equipment themselves instead of buying from some other player who is interested in crafting/amassing good equipment. Also, this had removed the fun from player who prefer trading/crafting good equipment for others.
  • Level gap in grinding. This actually affects the game significantly. Now you are absolutely forced to stay in the few maps to grind instead of trying to get the max exp per hour by selecting between grinding at very high exp but difficult high level map, or low exp but easier lower level map.
  • Limited amount of map and how it promote ksing instead of helping each other. Party system may work in some high density map, but in lower density map it actually provide much lesser exp than soloing due to the exp sharing range. With the difficulty to actually find mobs to kill, it’s not that the player chose to ks other players, but the game forced the player to do so.

Well, on the bright side, this game should be good if you don’t care about the part of game play limited by the game design, or if you prefer that the game became less brain taxing because of how lesser thing you can play around with.

I certainly would play this game when I don’t feel like involving in a MMORPG too much, but just want to kill time. However, I couldn’t commit myself to it because I didn’t really spent too much thought to progress on this game (the way the game is designed).