Tree of Savior Forum

[Feedback] Skill bonus/Perk tooltip suggestion, general ideas

Not sure exactly what they were called in the beta, but my post is in reference to the purchasable perks/skills that you could buy from a trainer. My feedback would be to make it more apparent what kind of bonus you get per rank, as currently I recall the tooltip reading ''1% more of X attack per rank". If you could somehow further clarify how this actually affects the individual skills that’d be awesome.

As for other aspects of the game, I felt the game played fairly smoothly. The story isn’t quite fleshed out 100%, however that’s to be expected for a beta, and the rough translation in some parts. Gameplay handled surprisingly well, moving between mouse/keyboard/joypad is pretty seamless, with hotkeys updating depending on what control option I had. Nice touch.

The experience rate I realize is a very hot topic in general, however I felt that it was pretty good. Maybe slightly pick up lower grinding levels just a touch, and save the big grind for later on, but that will come with fine tuning experience/gameplay. Overall a very much missed classic MMO experience in that sense that has been sorely missed, compared to today’s max level in 1 week and endgame raid for slightly improved loot nonsense. Someone willing to step outside of the WoW/Theme Park model is always a plus in my book, as it is for many others I’m sure.

Classes felt very tight, rewarding, and good to play. Out of the four base I tried, Swordsman was definitely my favorite for my playstyle, while Archer was definitely a little weaker, mostly I think because their combat mechanics are so different than that of what I’m used to, but I feel like it’s something that would become enjoyable with some adjustment. I did like their flexibility in gameplay. AFK Archer was an issue in some places, but you may be able to remedy that by changing the mechanic slightly, i.e. instead of an upfront mana cost the kneeling skill costs a very low amount of mana drain over time, and forces the user to stand up when mana has been drained. Something along those lines that wouldn’t affect the mana spent for a normal amount of kneeling, but would prevent long term afk macro archers.

The help menu is a great touch. I felt like some explanations quickly flashed by, (like the card mechanic or gem mechanic) but one switch to the help menu remedied that issue. Help menu is fairly well translated which is a definite plus.

Party system is definitely a little strange. Great that you can invite someone to party, and if they swap characters they stay in party. Awkward in that you have to whisper someone an invite to allow them to join. Hopefully a way to type in a person’s name in the party menu to invite will be a feature that is implemented in the future. Friend’s list unfortunately seems to be broken, however that is probably a known issue.

The stamina mechanic is not very well explained, I feel a small tutorial on that in beginning will help those just starting out on what exactly stamina is, and how it functions.

Some quests were broken/missing text, but I’m sure those are known issues.

The auction house and ‘this item is already sold’ needs to be worked on, but I’m sure that’s a known issue.

Other than that, liked what I saw so far! Keep it up.