Tree of Savior Forum

Feedback on Controller input

My basic set-up was a Laptop and a Logitech RumblePad 2.

First off let me say that the controller style is wonderful when paired with an Archer class. The ability to have 2 sets of mapped buttons and how smooth it is to transition between them.

The biggest issue I ran into was Targeting and Changing Targets. With the game pad I was mostly using target lock ( Thank you for mapping that to R3) but every time I was figting and a Tree Root Crystal spawned or I ran by one fighting, It would change targets to the crystal.

The second issue I found was with using the Right thumb stick to change targets. While it worked if you had room to fight with the stick for 30 seconds, this would not be ideal in more chaotic situatons.

As a side thing… Is there anyway that the Sprint feature be added to the Gamepad?

Thank you for your Time.

Umino
37/11 Ranger

1 Like

I used a PS3 controller to play my Cleric and it was overall pretty great. You’re 100% right about targeting; way too clunky at the moment. To add on to what you said, a way to change button mapping in-game! I’ve heard you need to change controls in a config file somewhere but that usually requires a game restart.
Also, you can sprint by double-tapping a direction. Or did you mean a button to activate it?

Button to Activate, like L3. It’s wierd going from controller to keyboard in combat and never seemed to get the double tap to work.

Can Archers sprint? I thought only Swordsmen could. Anyways, that’d be nice.