Tree of Savior Forum

Featherfoot damage vs Warlock Damage

How far is the damage difference between featherfoot and warlock? Most suggest warlock as superior but warlock seems to have long cooldowns (pole of agony) while featherfoot skills have a lower cd than most of the warlock skills. Considering cooldowns as a measure of dps, would warlock still reign superior?

Yes.
FF’s skills either only work on Beasts, Insects and Demons (Blood Bath), or can only be safely used on them (Bloodsucking - because of melee range), or deal very low damage (Bone Pointing - because it’s primarily a debuff), or deal damage very slowly (Ngadhundi - to remove ~95% of HP, it needs 25 seconds; many monsters, including all bosses, are immune to it).

They have shorter cooldowns but many limitations.

All skills does damage regardless of the enemy race, but their effects won’t quick in if they aren’t demon, insect or beast type.

Blood Bath will do a single mediocre hit. If the monsters are insect, beast or demon type, will cause a bleed that are 5s fixed all levels, and do 3k tops every tick. If they are not, they don’t bleed, and the only damage caused is the inicial hit. 35s cooldown.

Blood Sucking is strong, but need to be melee range and is cancelled if hit, so it needs Surespell/Safety Zone/Sleep/ Tanker support to use it well. The only true ‘burst’ skill damage of the class, since the damage is caused even if HP is not drained. 40s cooldown.

Bone Pointing lvl 3 + attribute is perfect upkeep, but the damage is laughable, the use of it is to spread the curse status.

Ngadhundi 13s cooldown can fool you, but it does a single hit of 5k tops. The big use of it is to apply the decay status to double missile damage for your archer fellows.

Takking all this is consideration, is easy to see that Featherfoot skills are utility and support oriented, to heal and spread debuffs to help your team. No burst damages like warlock.

You will do much better damage using Pole of Agony and Dark Theuge.

Ingame description says nothing about ‘double missile damage’. Only ‘Slowly reduces max HP’. Basically, Decay reduces max HP by 3.85% every second, and on lvl5 (after 25 seconds) only approx. 5% hp is left.

If you look at the tooltip of the skill, you will see that it says the skill applies the [Decay] status, and enemies afflicted by decay recieve adicional damage from missile attacks. What it don’t says is that this ‘adicional’ is actually DOUBLE damage. I am a featherfoot and can confirm this to you. I can make a video if you want. (Its what making me leveling with my friend Fletcher so easy).
Sadly, it dont apply to bosses.

Really, the fact that nobody seems to know or spread this just show how small the featherfoot cominity it is. Featherfoot can help a lot in grinding groups too if they have an archer on team. And the decay spreads with Joint Penalty too. The cooldown of Nghadunhi makes the upkeep of the debuff perfect.

The hp lost per second is laughable, but becomes pretty stupid when comboed with Swell Body.

My mistake, skill description really mentions it. But the debuff icon only says “Ngadhundi. Gradually decreases your maximum HP.” :frowning:
I wonder what happens if you’re blessed so that your every skill level is +1 - do enemies die from Decay eventually? In theory, after 28 seconds their max hp should be decreased by 107.7%.

I can help you in that too. Enemies don’t die from the decay of Nghahundi, they stay at 1 hp. (and then you hit them to finish, is still quite good, but 28s is too much time ).

Yep, even 25 sec feels kinda long, but is still ok because you don’t have to waste pardoner’s buffs on plant/mutant monsters.

Maybe you even know what kind of monsters are immune to Decay? So far I have noticed that all Elmas and Nukas are immune, but I can’t figure out what attibutes are common. Dark property? - But Red Nuos are also Dark, however Decay works on them…

I didn’t knew that there are monster with immunity to Decay, I thought it was just resistance. I’ll try look into it.

Did you know there’s at least 2 monsters immune to Joint Penalty?

Seriously? As if the nerfs in linker in general weren’t bad enough. I just knew about monster immune to frozen and burn. Immunity to joint penalty is completely new to me. Lucky me that never got to meet those monsters yet.

Well, it’s probably because they are in late-game maps like Maven Abby (Red Nuo, lvl 273) and Investigation Room (Blue Temple Slave Assassin, lvl 273).

I did not know that blood bath only bleeds specific type of monsters. I thought it will damage just not heal. Guess my choice would be to go warlock for damage.