Tree of Savior Forum

Family Name Issue

Oh god , this launch is so hilarious , well that was expected lol

grab popcorn

Problem is, it does not specify in the tooltip that the team name is actually something like a surname bound to all of your characters rather than just your place’s name. And it gives you the guarantee to change it anyday you like without mentioning it’s a paid service. So it gives the impression like it’s not an important thing. But actually it is!

No ■■■■ the launch is hilarious game’s lagging like no tomorrow already issues with a que time and at times downright unplayable.

I wouldn’t worry about that person. They’re a white knight.

When you create a name in game, it’s typically assumed you will be able to back out and delete that named thing somehow. When you delete a character, you expect for the name to be released and for the character to be removed. There are some games that actually do not release the name after that happens – that’s an exception to the norm.

In ToS, you make a team. You would think there would be a way to delete your team and release the name. NOPE. Not only can you not do that, but your ToS account is your Steam account, basically.

While I totally do understand the charm in not using a handle system (I hate random numbers and whatnot as much as the next person (ex. CloudStrife@FatBlobsOfChickenFat.9138)) the information, or lack thereof, regarding this team naming system was all over the place and totally inconsistent.

It was not done well at all.

Yeah I could already tell he was blindly defending without reading my argument whatsoever.

Like I mentioned beforehand though you seriously can’t expect a person to take a uncommonly used aspect of name handles and understand that it is your unique name without mentioning it on the creation page and also adding to that confusion by mentioning on said creation page that you can change it at anytime without implying that it’ll follow up with a 15 dollar charge

Yep that sad for you , well if you pay 15 dollar you can change it , totally ridiculous for me but they can do a lot of money like this :stuck_out_tongue:

Well i don’t care , i will not pay anything for this game , i won’t play it long too , too much problem and abusive P2W for me , i don’t think that i will go past lvl 40 on the F2P release , i don’t like being taken for an idiot .

Honestly to me the bigger issue I had was how casual this game felt literally killed 1 monster hit level 2 wtf lmao…

Not to mention how the cash shop literally feels like I was playing some cheap mobile p2w game the only thing missing would be being able to translate tp into energy to continue playing haha.

the exp curve is weird , something like 39-40 very long and past 40 the exp requirement is lower so you rush to 48 in 20 min .

but i don’t remember where are the wall of exp exactly , someone wille be able to explain it better :slight_smile:

May be instead of something like " Team Name" they can localized it better such as surname / last name etc. ? I mean we are dealing with English speaking people here right ?

Because it isnt even an argument, but a complaint based on your ignorance.

2 Likes

You yourself had the choice of writing a name you actually want to use…Or random letters or whatever.
It states you can change it, which you can.

Wether YOU read that it costs TP or not or made assumptions based on a BETA test. That is not IMC’s fault.
While I think it would be appreciated and not hard for them to add that it costs TP there it is not really a pressing matter, server stability comes first.

Also. No nobody should get anything for free because YOU yourself made a mistake. Now take the consequences of your own choice.

1 Like

I never once asked for anything for free and again with this naming thing what other games forces you to pick a name and punishes you for them being extremely lousy at mentioning the importance of said name within the actual game.

I paid to get early access to the game and honestly if they had the time to add a guide on how to go through the steps outside the game how fucken hard would it have been to put it on the side RIGHT next to the actual naming page.

Once again why are you putting words into my mouth I have said previously that I have never touched the game prior to the actual launch and honestly how many people actually have.

How are you defending IMC for not stressing within the game the importance of even explaining the usage of said game tag or name when it is a rather unique trait not found in many mmos if any at all.

2 Likes

Because writing an important information under a topic that has nothing to do with it is absolutely ok? And expecting people to know such a thing that is inside “How to redeem your dlc bonusses” thread… Seriously?

If you let people know such things, you do it in appropriate way. Not this kind of cheap scam moves.

Exactly how do you even defend IMC about posting on their site a guide for the dlc when the release for the game isn’t even off the actual site its off of steam. How fucken hard would it have been to either put a link or even mention the guide on steam or just by adding the simple phrase (by paying with tp) into the screen where you choose your team name

Phantasy Star Online 2

If you are actively trying to avoid learning about the game beforehand to not ‘‘spoil’’ game content, don’t complain that not knowing something ■■■■■■ you over. I do agree that them stating that you can change your team name later is a bit underhanded but technically it is true.

1 Like

messages like your really make me question how much people like to white knight these clearly intentional methods to make money.

Also since when was it a thing that it is wrong for a person to not spend time pre researching gameplay before a games release just to not ■■■■ up something that could be easily fixed by developers by stating literally 1 thing on the page

1 Like

I played ToS for the first time today and I had no problem or confusion with what the team name was or if it was free to change, 'cause I read the FAQ and the starter guide (I also had some assumptions how it would be, considering majority of games do not offer free name changes).
Why even take a placeholder name first, when this is the prime time to rush to those nice names that will be taken in a matter of days/weeks?

Also, if I wouldn’t have read those things, I’d google it like any person who cared enough would. Really, you goofed.

1 Like

Youve been active on the boards since december, thats hardly ‘‘just started playing ToS today for the first time’’.

…that’s what my ‘‘I’d google it like any person who cared enough would’’ told me.

How many people do you think will read a FAQ or starter guide that isnt available ingame? Altho, some simple notes would of sufficed~

Case of not being informed I think. I mean, refering to you. People did take the names they want. And now those names are locked on a server they dont want to be on.

I haven’t been active until this week, so this is definitely very new to me. Your googling should have told you that if you looked close. I created this acc in hopes of getting beta and occasional lurking but I ended up not really looking at the Forums.
If anyone should look for information on ToS anywhere it is here, that’s why we have these convenient categories labeled ‘announcements’.

Probably the majority would look, in all honesty that’s what people SHOULD do, that’s how you avoid these things super easily.

And the names are locked there for a month, and then we can all transfer if we want to.