Tree of Savior Forum

Fair warning to any new players planning to join the game on reopen next week

No, I disagree with a lot of what you say, but I definitely agree with that.

If you fall into all of the categories, PLAY THIS GAME.

Seriously. We need more people complaining and sh*t-posting on the forums.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I just think it’s pretty clear to see that there are lots of the type of people Flan is warning already here and they complain a lot about what was mentioned x3 as general advice i think it’s good and she added that it only applys to specific people.

For instance a pvp oriented player shouldn’t expect balanced pvp or even a lot of pvp features quickly, if they expect these things their gonna have a bad time. I see nothing wrong with that statement because it’s true and a lot of pvp oriented players are already having a bad time. If you’re a patient player and don’t mind waiting for the pvp or that it’s unbalanced you’ll be fine and are excluded from the statement.

I’m playing a link2 right now and am going almost con, full support and if i had to auttoattack to death and didn’t have pyro+link to save me it would be extremely frustrating. I can still do fine soloing maps but my damage is starting to fall off really hard even from that. Of course ideally supports will have a party to help them level but if you expect to solo it’s gonna be harder for you then other classes.

The meta comment was perhaps the most potentially inflamatory comment but it’s true in general, i do agree there exceptions though. Also ET has its own meta, it’s different then general meta but still a meta. Also she once again added that this comment only applys to certain people. If you are a non pelt swordie you run the risk of having a hard time finding grinding groups and if you expect to be the one swordie above them all that gets into every group based on their amazing skills, you’re in for dissapointment. If you wanna play a non pelt swordie or whatever other build you want but know what you are getting into and are willing to be patient and/or find a group of people who will play with you regardless the statement does not apply to you.

One of the funny things about this forum is that the same people who are often complaining about this forum being a bad source of information and that you shouldn’t listen to anybody here are the same people who tell others that they should do all their research in the class forums before making a character so they don’t screw up.

I’ll bet you plenty that a lot of people who messed up their builds did do research, but were misled by inexperience and lacking observation by the players they read.

Anyone can write a guide. Doesn’t make it helpful.

6 Likes

are you talking about Aura Kingdom? if yes, that private server is good (or maybe because Aeria Games really sucks XD) Aura(the ownder of the PS?) also communicate with players in forum or in-game, gets the update fast though there are still some translation to do.

@FlanFlan for president!

Mhmmm, I did this. It doesn’t help some builds are old, not updated, and date back since CBT. Some things, particularly with Swordsman, ended up being radically different from CBT to official launch. And since things in CBT (so I hear) didn’t go past 200, well… That also makes a huge difference.

The lesson here kiddos: Look for recently updated builds, compare, ask questions, and design your own. Just scrolling through your class of choices forum section can give you quite a bit of information, but don’t find one thread and think you should stop reading. You don’t wanna reroll at 185…

I agree these forums are full of trolls and offer little help. This is pretty much just a place to get a laugh at how stupid some people can be and talk about future ideas

Instead of telling people they’ll have bad time. Tell them the truth but encourage them to play. Post like this is like a player-repelant of some sort.

So I’ll try to bandaid them post a bit.

-player who enjoys rushing things. Even in cs go it’s funny to rush things, take your time or you’ll miss the little things. Don’t be a “Cyka blyat” in a mmorpg.

-Only wants a single character and afraid to mess up your build? Try the fanbase skill simulator. I mean, player these days are lucky to even have this, old games like RO doesn’t een have a wiki during its prime time. Great characters were born from mistakes.

-bots. They exist but hey, the game is still young. Give it time to counter them bots.

-META build. Cookie cutter builds or be like everyone build. You may not be as efficient if you choose your own path like everyone else but the point is games are played the way you want it.

-enjoy a “balanced” pvp. The game itself is not pvp oriented. Even in a fps/moba games there are some imbalances. With almost a hundred or more class combination you can’t expect it to be pvp balanced as of now.

-enjoy playing FS character. If you’ve been playing fs character then I’d assume you already know that a FS doesn’t shine with solo play. And also knew that leveling one is hard. But pardoner buffs are cheap so buy them before heading out.

-prefer to play in groups. This only apply if you have friends in-game. You don’t need to always look for a group since grinding in lower level is optional. Exp cards are present to compensate the lack of level.

Nuff said. flies away or whatever

1 Like

Not aura kingdom, but aura project or melia, which is the ToS private server project.

look on the bright side, tos still has less restrictions than windows 10 updater

flan girls

20pancakes

I will change both your words to:

You can simply make a quick thread on the forums with what you think you’re building and come back a day later and spend literally15 minutes reading it and be fine.

I wonder who would wait for a day just to expend 15 mins reading, specially hyped players.

On to what me and FlanFlan said, if a player who want to play fast can expend the same 15 mins right away if he just do a search on the forums or even on google, which will show him/her the results on the forum same way, with whatever he want to build with the pros and cons of each build.

That not counting on going on tosbase.com and search for popular builds on the class the player want to go with.

Considering they can’t even join yet…everyone?

No if they don’t even bothering doing that right now, i only see lurkers that come ask when the game will be released and after the first 2 or 3 answers they just leave, and come next week asking the same stuff again.

I think if new players make ele3/warlock or cyro3/chrono3, they will enjoy all this game has to offer. Anything else really and you just limit yourself until balance changes come.

Well tbh you can research everything on a build, go for the meta and get ■■■■■■ by a random balance patch.

Atm going random or researching can give the same bad results.

1 Like

jokes on you guys you have to speak korean to read there balancing patch notes and make a build based off that

tosbase sitll uses the shitty vague in game descriptions, its not going to help you

you will all end up like this guy

1 Like