Tree of Savior Forum

Extreme suggestion: Make oracle skills actually work

After experiencing playing as an Oracle, I’ve gotta say that this class is more disappointing that what it looks like on paper.

Oracle is supposed to be a class that have no damaging skill but provide full utility, but the thing is … the “utility” didnt even work properly.

“Forecast” is supposed to predict where the enemy (especially boss) will attack but the prediction timing is too slow that it hardly even matter since your teammates will still getting hit by the boss anyway.

“Change” skill that is supposed to change any non boss mob into another creature sometimes didnt work against regular field mob. IMC pls.

“Clairvoyance” that supposed to show us what the monster (except boss) will drop upon death, sometimes didnt work against regular mob.

Losing skill “Call of Diety” is already a big nerf for this class, and its getting worse since some of the remaining skill didnt work properly or maybe IMC itself decide that “Change” and “Clairvoyance” should have a percentage chance of failure?

If that is the case then we should rename this class into Coconut Shaman since there is no point being an “Oracle” if you even failed to predict mob item.

3 Likes

Can you comment if counter spell nullifies all magic attacks in the area of its effect?

Does it nullify other party member’s magic damage as well?

Well the description says “All Magic” I cant confirm it right now, but I will once I get to dungeon.

Thanks a million, I plan to go oracle in my pvp build since counter spell seems like land protector from RO, which was overpowered.

My cure still hit enemies on counter spell field, so big chance friendly spells will still work.

wow that is amazing.

I guess the only other thing i want to test is if ground-target spells like meteor still damage you in pvp if cast by an enemy wizard.

It would be game changing in pvp to be able to get in the middle of an enemy group and hit counter spell, and watch as all of their wizards become useless.

Baam whats wrong with u? U don’t need oracle, just use shinsu bro!

1 Like

@Remiri @Viole
I’ve tested a little with my oracle L1 counterspell in duel. Sorry didn’t have time to test much but…

It blocks enemy magic attacks as long as you’ve got counterspell on you, including ground (earthquake and that pyro blob placed after counterspell).

I only checked heal for ally spells since I was stealing a kind person’s time, but yeah counterspell won’t block your own heal squares, and they should still heal you if you walk over.

It’s actually pretty cool ~_~ The main redeeming factor apart from the scrollable Arcane Energy…

One thing I’m unsure of is what “targets” refers to? Is that how many allies you can protect/defend against at once or what?