Tree of Savior Forum

[Exploit] Infinite quest rewards and unrestricted Class switching

Fixing such exploits should be top priority anyway. That said, it’s good that it’s reported now in the beta rather than live release. No one likes having rollbacks or if the corruption is severe enough, a wipe.

It’s easy enough to fix. Get rid of ipf and xml files on client side… all that crap needs to be server-side only.

3 Likes

If IMC is responsive to bug report PM we won’t have to resort to posting this in the forum.

The method is spread in many other place anyway. It’s better to make it go huge and force IMC to fix it.

WHY no reponse when i pressed CTRL+A ?
jsut want to test some class in this last few days of CBT :frowning:

How do you know that they’re ignoring PM? I don’t think the OP ever mentions that he reported it before and that IMC ignored his report.
And ‘go huge’ this has been, so huge that it’s causing more problem that will need fixing than if this’d just been quietly reported for IMC to fix. In fact this dragged in people who doesn’t even know/care about this exploit with all the channel crash.

This is basically finding a house on fire, seeing that fire department isn’t there, and instead of sensibly call the fire department to notify them (PM in this case), you go and grab gasoline to spread the fire more thinking “maybe if the fire is big enough the fire department will be here faster”

@bisonh4x: I agree that it should be top priority, except the way this has been report is a poor choice and is just basically causing what could’ve been quietly fixed into a massive exploit spree by providing the hotkey code on top so even the least tech savvy people can do this…
Reporting is the right thing to be done, it’s just that when it’s something this exploitable it’s better off told to the dev directly and not ALSO spread to the public…
The result of posting into the public, we’re seeing here. Crashing channels, causing lags, basically abusing this all for personal amusements.
(If, say, someone were to use this to get some class combination to test their skill interaction, like say Cryo for Freeze and Rodelero for the extra damage on frozen target attribute, I can see it being useful)

3 Likes

Was thinking to test out some stat after a long weekend work, saw all these hackers soon after I login is really a turned down to me, gonna stop playing for now, it is in a mess. Yes please get it fixed on next CBT.:pensive:

my friend just hit 200 within 3 hours and has 500 points on all stats due to level and stat bonus exploit. Good thing this is still CBT.

They do read and respond to PM’s on the forum. And this exploit would be huge and prioritized even without letting thousands of people know about it. There is no way IMC would start next beta without fixing it, because that’d ensure ruined reputation and turn huge amount of ppl away from this game. I don’t think IMC is so stupid.

2 Likes

ban them from next CBT pls this bug ruined the game and make many ppl that play by themself away frow this game.

1 Like

Tbh given how IMC respond to the bug in this beta test, I really lost my confident in their ability. What you said is common sense but do they really have it?

It’s Closed Beta! Nothing to be upset of shocked about.

Rather, this is a good opportunity for IMC to fix the problem.

Let people cheat, hack, abuse bugs, and so forth. IMC will fix it and at the end of the beta, everything will be wiped.

6 Likes

You shouldn’t post a gamebreaking exploit openly like this…

If anything, you might have just set in motion a wheel of wannabe hackers who are just gonna want to exploit more.

Just remove this thread and PM it to the GMs.

But yeah if everything goes to ■■■■, i hope you take responsibility for being the fire starter.

This guy was smart enough to share this bug openly so the game developers notice this and fix it, and you guys are spouting ■■■■ about how he should remove this thread and whatnot.

The intelligence level is far too low on this forum. Imagine the consequences if this guy had decided to keep this exploit for himself and his friends, and some people abused it during the official release or even during the open beta?

Can you wipe the entire server because some people used an exploit like this? Because this is what would happen.

Think because screaming scandal, for god sake.

12 Likes

Lol @ all these idiots treating the beta as an actual release and getting upset because the exploit was posted openly.

9 Likes

Indeed the client have to start the calling, but its the server who have to handle the rest, its no excuse to leave it like that as an exploit, now imagine how many more exploits there are out there? Drops? money? PvP advantages? CD instant reset?

Doubt anyone tried, well they may try at the start on 27th(?) lol.

Yeah, it had to be like that. But now the damage is made lol, well at least we can try it out on next beta to see if they are fixing stuff.[quote=“rofldat, post:59, topic:123654”]
So let’s say this bug is exploited to hell, IMC will have to wipe beta constantly, yeah that’s a huge favor you’re doing making anyone who just want to enjoy the game without exploit lose all progress constantly. (you may not realize, but not everyone will abuse exploits)
[/quote]
As far as i know a CBT is not for enjoy the game but to test it. And we will lose progress same way at the end of it since applying new patches mean some stuff will be incompatible.

I preffer a delay than a shitty job on delivering the game as it is right now.[quote=“rofldat, post:59, topic:123654”]
Or how about this, since this is based on security flaws, even if IMC somehow put a stop-gap solution for THIS bug, other people might find different loophopes to abuse.
[/quote]
Isn’t that good? More exploits found mean more fixes to be done and by the end of all tests we have a more secure game (note that i said more secure not perfect secure game).

What OBT? We gonna have lots of CBT before that lol.

3 Likes

That’s even better, now IMC can actually fix the game before the official release goes to shthole.

I’m glad that someone finally decided to post this exploit so that it’s not hidden in the shadow anymore. It’s been used for some times by now. Same goes to many other money exploit and stuff (which I actually reported but remain unfixed).

This makes me wonder if I should report those too to the forum. The reason I’m holding it back by now is that money exploit will cause too much inflation and destroy the CBT (people can just have fun trying other class utilizing this exploit, but money exploit is on the other level).

7 Likes

I do love the game, but the dev staff is letting it slip too much things that they shouldn’t, IF on the next CBT we have all the same bugs i’m seriously thinking in quit this game, i mean, we reported over and over all the bugs, not only the ones on this CBT but from the first also and they still out there, so if our reports are falling in deaf ears (or better in blind eyes) then whats the point in put a CBT? Is this their way of making the game publicity? If it is they are on the wrong path.

1 Like

“… wipe beta constantly …” when is beta ending again?

“… delay obt …” well GOOD. Who in their right mind would release the game in this state? Did you WANT an OBT with wipes?

“… wannabe hackers wanting to exploit …” well GOOD. Just so you know, that is what QA essentially does. It is QA’s job to break your product just as much as it is their job to make sure your product does what it is supposed to do. Kcbt is more advanced right? Yet they didn’t find this?

“… burning house …” bad analogy. That house is already on release. The house you want to use is a MOCKUP. I would fan the flames just to see what else it would break so I can plan for it in the future.

This … is … BETA!! Ahoo!! Ahoo!!

9 Likes

http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/you-sir-have-no-faith.jpg

IMHO bugs/exploits NEED to be reported, the earlier the better! This is the reason beta tests exist and I implore you and everyone else to disclose such problems (even if you post it after the beta ends, these things need to come to light!)

5 Likes