Tree of Savior Forum

[Exploit] Infinite quest rewards and unrestricted Class switching

@GM_Erick @GM_Fuji
@Staff_John @Staff_J @Staff_Shawn

Round 2.

Fight!!!

1 Like

While the ability to accept quest is, thankfully, fixed will the ability to also open up the repair shop, merchant shop, and warp from anywhere also be fixed too? Never having to leave a grinding spot and not having to find a goddess status to warp to is also unfair to legit players. Not anywhere near as bad as level 200 in 1 hour, but still an advantage.

I hope you just fixed the quest one because of how severe it was. Please don’t let the other ones stay in there. We still have too many privileges/powers on the client side.

Confirming that Free Class Advancement Exploit is not fixed.

3 Likes

And the chaos continues.Craziest CBT I’ve ever been a part of by far.

2 Likes

the quest is already completed or is it the first step?

dude, this game is SO not ready to an open beta, i’m really surprised this is a serious project, it’s someone’s job to do that

Not yet, please do something about this. :grimacing:

The start of alchemist advancement quest (lvl 185, “Complete the Mission of an Alchemist [Alchemist Advancement]”). And it was accepted by lvl 1 character.

The art of quoting oneself:

[quote=“nizidr, post:229, topic:123654”]
For class quests you dont have to be near NPC to accept them nor checking if you have already completed one would help.[/quote]

“Those are not crutches in the code, those are highly specialized technical solutions” - IMC, 2015

1 Like

Since no one is posting it so IMC can address the problem, this is the code used:

<HotKey ID="FreeClass" Name="FreeClass" DownScp="control.CustomCommand(&quot;CLICK_CHANGEJOB_BUTTON&quot;, 9999)" UpScp="None" Key="C" UseShift="NO" UseAlt="NO" UseCtrl="NO" OnEdit="NO" />

Same kind of exploit, sending a command to the server and the server doesn’t give two hoots about if you should or shouldn’t be able to perform said action.

Unfortunately this problem isn’t just restricted to these exploits. While not as serious, the same set of actions can be used to trigger teleports, talking to NPCs, repairs, market, even accessing actions from other jobs (like job specific crafting and vending), and other actions similar.

Hopefully IMC takes a good long look at these issues and puts in better fixes in place. Restricting access to client commands isn’t the answer though, while it does lower the bar for players abusing these bugs, it wouldn’t prevent them from being abused and likely would make it considerably harder to identify and solve.

5 Likes

Let the madness continue!

1 Like

At most they will have to completely rewrite client and server by Dec 19, 2015.

Wasn’t even expecting Dmn to post the code here, but Doddler doing it caught me completely off-guard.

At least you edited the wrong jobclassID. I’m just not sure if it was for the best.

1 Like

Now it looks like:

• C: Hey server, the sky is falling.
  • S: Oh no, the sky is falling!

Recent quick fix is like:
if (message == “The sky is falling”) return 0;

And then:

• C: Psst server, the sun is drowned in the sea.
  • S: Oh no!
5 Likes

Normally I would be against doing this but… the beta ends in a day, and the forums seems to be by far the fastest way to get attention of the management team.

2 Likes

They will prob not allow custom key blinding since people are abusing them. And yes, they need lua because the lua system is there mostly for the publisher to make patches easily by editing the script and not having to bothering the programmers. The problem is that scripts are easy to decode and anybody can read and edit them.

So… I have a question. The part of the term that says “You need to report any game errors, bugs and other game play issues to IMC Games. You shall not abuse them for your own benefits and pass this information to others who may abuse them for their benefits” isn’t in the term of the “BETA TEST”, this means that doesn’t apply to the Beta? o.o

probably you have to think for yourself and not just mindlessly copy/paste scripts.

He cannot withdraw what has been quoted. Muahaha.

Wait…aren’t you that legendary Doddler that was running RO patches before?