Tree of Savior Forum

Exploit Hidden Frames

Wooot~
Tree of Bugs…
Testing…

2 Likes

What that “minigame” window do?

“tournament” is a raid finder, trying to find raid in current CBT will crash client
“mcy_buyitem” is siege upgrade UI, you can buy offensive and defensive bonuses for Siege coins (of which you have 0)
in “shop” you can sell things and there is nothing to buy
“operatormode” opens GM UI list that should show players on the map but it doesnt work (yet?)
“Mixer” is some broken crafting UI
“minigame” is broken
“puzzlecraft” opens Magnus Opus UI (8x8), if anyone can share some simple recipe i can try if it works.
“bosslist” seems to be unfinished also.

Hum, I believe most of those interfaces are still wip in the game.
Maybe the development team were working in the game content
and polishment for the beta and leaved the features for later.

At least that explains the hair window, maybe there will
be a barber in the game where you can change hair style and
color, or the feature were scrapped from the game due to the
achievements system.

Beside that also means the game will feature more things in the future.

I’m curious how the iCBT find out these huge bugs and exploits when we had like only 2 betas against the Krcbt where they had god knows how many and we find the most crucial ones.

3 Likes

Well koreans if they get caught cheating they get banned from playing all games it goes against records. I didn’t get into the first beta or I would have tested and reported my findings. I have a background for finding exploits from World of warcraft, Tera Online, and Archeage. It sucks when you tell a game company about an exploit and they just ignore you. So considering IMC games wants their game to succeed pretty sure they will actually listen and take these fixes to heart. I know people have been using bots and teleport hacking too with the client all things that are the reason Archeage is losing most of its community. I’d rather put all the info out so they can fix it for release.

6 Likes

We have some really high quality tester here…

IMC should really reward you (or anyone) that found these big exploit.

That aside, able to use function in hotkey is actually a good customization. I hope IMC remain this function but setting a few check switch for it to work as intended.

4 Likes

Well the reason we are so good at finding code related exploit is that, well, all codes are written in English which we can dissect easily to get the name of methods and whatnot.

For them to find exploit like this in codes is like us trying to find a grammar mistake on a Korean text files.

thats not always the case. And disassembled stuff will look gibberish even for native english speakers.

Even if Koreans run the risk of getting banned from all games, it only takes one guy (who quits gaming, moves overseas, attention whore, yadayada) to abuse these kinds of exploits to ruin a game’s entire economy, force rollbacks, etc. Making the game robust is always the better solution compared to relying on civil obedience. Good job on bringing attention to these exploits. :sparkles:

2 Likes

It feels to me maybe due to the difference in the two community culture.

On the Korean side this mentality imposes a fear for them to try to break the game, thus many exploits that we now known are left unnoticed over there.

And on our side, we are encouraged (sorta) to try to break the game in order to improve them for future releases.

No, you are strongly encouraged to try to break it. You should do everything in your power to break it during the testing phase, because if you don’t and that happens during the OBT, or even worse, during full release, you can bet that’s probably game over. Forever.

5 Likes

Hmm… Why are these exploits that we now know were previously unnoticed in KToS tho?

All I got out of that was making a keybind for the bosslist xD

Well I don’t think it is difficult for them. English is the language of international communication now and a lot of people in all countries can speak/read/understand it. Unlike Korean. So it’s probably not the right comparison

You will be surprised how many country in the East Asia such as China/Korea/Japan have many people that has very low proficiency in English.

@tehmimichan
Finding flaw in code has nothing to do with English though. It’s probably related to the mentality.

Disassembled code is gibberish to everyone.

You guys are just screaming fire and running away. All this does is call up that UI frame, you cant use 99.9999% of them, you can just see them. Opening the hair menu does not change your hair, opening the gm ui screen does not give you GM powers calm the fk down and stop screaming about exploits when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Yup, it’s true that many people here have low proficiency in English but though… if you’re into hacking clients, I think you should know one or two method names :stuck_out_tongue:

Or have theses exploits been found through disassembling ?

True, but there are many other functions beyond UI elements that one can call the same way and get benefits, right?

I’m pretty much sure lua scripts where these exploits were taken from are stored as plain text in .ipf files. But finding a function and thinking of way to get benefit from it is two different things.

Just to note: i have yet to look into client myself, but i have some experience with these things.

What, they are available as lua file?

Heh, it’s almost the last day of CBT, not that I can test it anymore.