Tree of Savior Forum

EXP Rates explained

Wow you make every mmo player sound like a complete arsehole, i’m glad you’re in the minority otherwise the mmo world be to toxic for anyone to even have say.

It doesn’t matter whether or not you personally play for 3 hours a day or ven 12 hours a day, the fact remains that grinding is not hard and is by no means an achievement to feel proud of. Min-maxing is in everygame yes but there isn’t a one fits all like you seem to think there is. And yes stat resets are a convinient feature in every mmo, why even bring it up?

You act as if building dungeons, raids and unique boss mechanics is something a 10 year old could do. Well you just insulted every designer in every mmo and made yourself look like an idiot doing it. As for story for the most part yes they can be badly translated and some meanings can be lost in that translation but that doesn’t make the story sub-par. Just because you skip through every story dialogue doesn’t mean I or many others do the same, many mmo’s even with some generic elements have a nice backstory that gets into the game and gives purpose to your killing, only exception are most of the side stories who’s only purpose is there to push you through the levels.

1 Like

Tell you a secret. I grinded on Panto Archers till I saved up 110k to test the companion. I was 15 levels (lvl 52) above my quests range by then.

Grind makes sense when it is done for a purpose.

Hey if you enjoy being a good little sheep and want to follow the pattern modern designers are throwing at you then good for you.
But why make ToS like all the others?
You could be playing one of these MMOs you adore so much right now instead of arguing with me.
Sadly I can’t say the same about the games I love
I never even said that grinding is difficult or anything, it’s simply different nowadays.
An experience that I can’t get from many games anymore

You said grinding was a challenge same thing right? Unless ofcourse you meant an easy arbitrary challenge, then yes you never said it was difficult. You say i’m a sheep who follows patterns while you try and defend grinding being the laborious task it is and you seem to feel no embarrassment in doing so. Rather you haven’t realized this or your lack the mental capacity to understand what being a hypocrite means.

There really is no arguing with you, you’re stuck in stubborn ways with false ideals on what’s actually rewarding but whatever. You can have have fun loafing about, because despite your best efforts you are indeed in the minority and like it or not exp rates will 100% increase for release otherwise you can say goodbye to the player base. And I can only hope that it’s enough to put you and the likes off from playing the game so I never have to deal with baseless arguments and a general sense of retardness.

That aside it’s 4:30AM in the morning and I luckily don’t have work so i’m going to get a nice lay in.

Talk about toxic and hypocracy, wow.

I think I made my points pretty clear as to why grinding is fun to me and many others.
It’s all a matter of preference. I accept your idea of fun, why can’t you do the same?

How mean of you to say that you and the majority have the right for a fun game while we the minority don’t.

I’m feeling so opressed! To think that my people, the porings of Prontera field died and faught just so I have to endure these racist slurs…
How shameful…

The modern MMO crowd is showing their true oppressive face once again

Wow you guys gotta chill out. If you wanna look at the real reason for the exp debate:

Grinders can grind, questers can quest. Rate of game progression is determined by in game content. You can’t meaningfully get above lvl 60 in iCBT1, because there’s no meaningful content beyond that. Most are unhappy about the lack of options for progression (aka no fun), but blame it at EXP rate / grind.

Don’t be so blinded by emotions. Understand the problem, feedback, make awesome ToS. :heart:

I didn’t grind at panto archer, so your claim is already false.
(I was grinding while waiting for the rare spawn for the Cafrisun set, then by the time I finished that I could more or less tackle Cathedral where as Priest I had pretty easy time farming there)

I’d like to point you towards your first response at me.

You started this discussion with that frame of mind so don’t be surprised when someone responds in a similar manner.

I’ve been aware of that from the start, but he was still arguing that the current rates where actually fair and should be left in despite popular demand for them to be revised. Going on to giving me baseless facts that revolved around what he finds enjoyable over what most people think all while throwing my opinions in the dirt. Do I regret going a little overboard with my responce? A little, as it degrades my opinions overall. but in the end he had it coming.

I’m very happy with the xp rates.

You can be happy with what ever you want, but again that’s not what most people think.

sorry but you said people that were happy with the xp rates should say it. I was just doing that.

1 Like

Oooh, lol I think there’s a thread somewhere with a poll on it. I don’t know how effective the poll is but I think alot are using it.

IF grinding is the only choice to level up, I will not please with it.

BUT, According to what STAFF_Shawn said.

Another thing is that players may feel exp is not enough because of the latest change to make the quest hidden resulting in players not going through all the quests.

So it’s mean normally we will have quest to help us to leveling beside from grinding too…

All of you should remember that two soldiers at miner village that give you repeatable quest, after those guy that kind of quest never appear again ,this may be a reason.

That’s true, I do wonder if there were more NPC’s with repeatable quests, but I was sure I spoke to everyone I could find. Maybe they were disabled also to prevent people from getting to far? Or perhaps just really well hidden lol.

i looked everywhere for every npc i could find to do quests as much as I could. I still needed around 16 hours around lv 70 and the only reason for that was lack of grinding places/channels , place had too many players.

Yeah, they apparently had a dynamic channel system where it would add more channels when needed but it certainly didn’t feel like it most of the time. I guess cause even though there may not have been many people on the map, the 10-20 who were, were all in the same place xD

Another issue for me is the level range here. Let me explain. The game has 600 levels right? Every 15 or so levels you change grind spots. What happens if your friends can’t keep up with you? You basically leave them behind. The punishment for farming higher level mobs is just too heavy. That should decrease if you are in a party, but somehow doesnt.

So yeah I like the rates, I dislike the punishment for killing higher level mobs and the lack of places/channels to grind better.

There’s just a lot missing… I’m so glad it’s in cbt…

Hahaha. Sure I can choose to level on Vubble mages until lvl 40 but that doesn’t make argument any less true.

The argument isn’t even about Panto Archers. The fact stand that you will run out of Exp card around lvl 30, and by the time you reach Tenet Garden, you will have no choice but to either grind a low level mob, Tenet Garden, Chapel B1 or Chapel F1.

This might seem like having multiple grind areas, but understand that they are all on the same map progression and are not meaningful progression options. For example you can’t quest your way out of it, or spend time farming silvers instead (best silver is still Panto Archers), or spend time farming gear instead (Tenet Garden dropped most level appropriate gear), or choose a fast Exp spot (that’s Tenet Garden Panto Archers), or Choose a spot best for mages (That’s still Tenet Garden), or choose a good party leveling spot (That’s chapel B1 but it’s the next door map). I hope being this elaborate helps you see the problem of linear progression with limited options.

Imagine if RO1 had only Payon dungeon 1 for lvl 1-10, Payon dungeon 2 for level 11-20, Payon dungeon 3 for lvl 20-30, and no other maps available for grinding because wolves is lvl for lvl 80+, Ant hell is for lvl 90+ etc. Sure you can stay at Payon Dungeon 1 until lvl 15 to finish you set and then go straight to Payon Dungeon 3, but seriously don’t tell that me that that’s a meaningful progression option.

Look at what @maruthontour just said. She is yet another proof to my argument that most people aren’t really annoyed by the exp rate, it’s the limited choice of progression that is frustrating.