Tree of Savior Forum

Example of excessive lighting ni this game

There is this quest in Crystal Mine 3F. Where you need to collect particle from crystals 5 times. On a good desktop, i5-4460 and GTX 760, this mission causes the FPS to drop from 100 something to 15 FPS. On a laptop, Asus 1225B, this mission actually bring down the fps to 0, the display just freeze until the collection is over. If somebody else was doing collection, the display also freeze.

Date and Time : 1 June 2016, can’t remember time.

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Mouse

Bug Description :
Collection of something during a repeatable 5 times mission in Crystal Mine 3F is too graphic intensive.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Accept the repeatable quest.
  2. Start collecting the lights or something.

Screenshots / Video :

System
Desktop

• CPU : i5-4460
  • RAM : 8GB
  • Graphics Card : Leadtek GTX760
  • Mainboard : Asrock
  • Storage : 500GB HDD WD Blue
  • Internet Connection : Wireless Broadband
  • Country, Region : Malaysia
    Laptop
    Asus 1225B

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Never had that issue before neither after optimization, i sometimes pass there to go to the 2nd Lot and see some people doing the quest there, no fps drop.

I could ask you to try and turn off the in-game settings: Vsync, FXAA (i think that is the option) and in last case the soft particle.

After that, close the game, go on your Nvidia CP > Manage 3D settings, go on the custom tab (i think that is the name, the main one is the global settings, sorry for my guesses since mine is in portuguese) > Select in the list Client_tos.exe, if its not in the list you can add it manually, then try to use the optimal settings as described in the NVCP, just select your Lv of FXAA and Anti-Aliasing if you want, i exaggerated a bit on mine and lost 10-20 FPS in some areas i had 60 fps, but it is a bit more stable (the variation is 5-8 fps).
Unfortunately, the stuttering still there, at cities tho, my FPS doubled.

I would suggest to avoid using Anti-aliasing, since FXAA at x2 is enough to remove most, if not all, of the serrated traces from the drawing.

Note that i can’t say it will fix your problem, but it worth a try at least.