Tree of Savior Forum

Everything Wrong with Quests

Disclaimer, this thread is to highlight and show things that are wrong with quests and not to be hateful and mean…

Is time we make a kind of official list of all the things in quests that rub us the wrong way…

and I mean everything…

1st… NPCs and the whatever text no quest thingy text…
http://s30.postimg.org/d1iqpucsh/screenshot_20151104_00007.jpg

2nd… those circle things that show where to do the quests, did you know it works like an arrow, that’s not the problem. am talking of positioning of them (mainly in the “kill this mob” quest). They put the circle thingy on the far left and you go there to find like 3 enemies cause they all are on the right side that has like 100…

3rd… inconsistency…
http://s2.postimg.org/4zq3sp1hl/who.png

I will leave the rest to you guys, please be more nice and gentle than myself

http://s15.postimg.org/4jkb6aahn/good.png

What is a boll, i’m really confused ???

From what i’ve seen, every female NPC is called “he” or “him” when referred to by another NPC during a quest.

1 Like

ah! I mean ball… let me edit it:\

TBH, I don’t really mind this. It makes the quests a little more interesting since 1 spot where the mobs spawn is identified for you, but if you decide to look around the map you can be ‘rewarded’ by finding better areas for the mobs to spawn. If every spawn area was identified, or the best spawn area was always identified, then exploring becomes slightly less rewarding.

Really, since every part of the map is named with actual place names, for monsters tied to specific location they shouldn’t have the circles since the quest NPCs already tell the player the location of the target monsters (e.g. Starlight waterfall, northern king ridge, western plateau, etc…). All players need to do is look at their map (and actually read it) to know where to look.

The biggest mistake devs made is making those RNG quests that seemingly have 0.0001% chance of being successful out of 0/11. Oh wait did I mention the spawn for the quest item is horrid and you have to fight for it with other people?

Problem #1
Handing out EXP cards like candy gives no incentive to the player to grind until they run out of quests. Due to the spammable nature of quests-- you can literally mash B to get your quest and in some cases hand it right back in immediately-- the EXP rate is dramatically lower if you decide to grind instead.

Problem #2
Quests are beyond easy to the point of mundane. Give this item to this person 10ft away, get 10 syrups off this tree, kill 5 of this monster, kill 5 of y monster and 10 of x monster, kill this HP Sponge boss that does no damage. It’s boring.

The EXP cards could be changed to apply a buff to the user that increases exp from mobs temporarily. The higher the card level, the more +% exp bonus you get.

I’ve considered this, but what would you do about the problem with overcrowded maps as a result? If you have to grind, needless to say you’re going to have to stay on the same map for a long time.

Solution #1: Add new sub-areas that branch off the main fields, eg. Legwyn Residence - B2F, Forest of Prayer - Path of Devotion, Tenet Garden - Northwest, etc. This is extremely doable if you notice the number of areas that have paths that don’t go anywhere. Just build superpowered monsters (20 to 30 levels higher?) adventurers can backtrack to later.

Solution #2: Increase the number of channels. This is a bad idea because increasing the number of channels is tantamount to increasing the spawn limit for monsters. If you limit the channels you can control the rarity of items easier. For example, 20 channels in Crystal Mines 3F makes Vubbe Fighter Blood quite less rare than Bloodstones from Goddess’ Ancient Garden.

Solution #3: Increase the cap on Missions/Dungeons. This would make instance based gameplay more of a focus, which I’ve heard a lot of squawking about on the forums. “This isn’t Tera! This isn’t FFXIV!” etc. But it’s not an impossible option, and would be safer than trying to control the number of channels and cheaper than designing a new map.

Solution #4: It may not be obvious but keeping the cards the way they are is another choice. Just decrease the amount of EXP they give by a substantial amount to provoke grinding more would be fine. However, we’ve seen the results of this from CBT1. Players started dropping out of the game at around LV40. Though the general explanation for this was IMC and the Translators needed to limit the areas that haven’t been translated/worked on, the results are still there as clear as day for people to examine.

the paths do go somewhere, but those are maps of levels over 200 and aren’t implemented/accessible on this close beta test…

That priest is not sure of which name she wants to be called.

1 Like

There are definitely areas that go literally nowhere.

Traps, traps everywhere.

Repeatable quests are limited.

1 Like

Here is another one of my “Feedback”…

this time: Party Quests, Risk vs Reward…

http://s9.postimg.org/fylu8jvu7/screenshot_20151207_00003.jpg

there are 3 kind of party missions:

1. the ones that are so easy and give nothing of value that you just wonder why are you wasting your time with them…

2. the ones that are hard to do alone and give nothing of value and make you think what the hell is wrong with the person giving you the quest and make you not want to even bother…

4- the ones that give you money at the end :expressionless:

the question is… should party quests have exp cards as rewards for all the party as one of it rewards and if the reward should be select-able instead of random?_?

I have the same hat twice already and I don’t want to lose 3 lives or 5 teammates to get another one :imp:

Party quests exists?
And I does not see really much problem but… If the party quests are really that dire, why
so low reward of silver?

cause they are meant to do with a party… which in turn make them easy (more than some are) and I guess that’s the reasoning :expressionless:

you can do party quests by talking to the top npc on the mercenary building of Fedriminarnekfnakn… pot town… the second city < cant for the love of goku remember the name correctly D:

with a party of course… even if it’s a solo party

I did not knew because the npc says “That needs help” or something like that everytime I talk to him…
Beside the mission and party quest npcs really needs to be revamped by the devs, because lacks
information and etc.