Tree of Savior Forum

ET blues... or how not to unlock Solmiki again

So I had a bit of free time this weekend, and with the current ET event giving twice the amount of cubes, I decided to finally unlock Solmiki with a character. Found a good party, readied my characters (from best to worse, in case I didn’t make it the first time), and finally entered the lolo area again. And at the end of the afternoon, I left the area really frustrated… What was supposed to be fun turned into a living nightmare :frowning:

So here are the misadventures of our party…

1. A couple months ago, I was already in a party for Solmiki unlock that was supposed to do a simple 16F-20F runs. The party leader talked about “symbol of Gosarius”, and I was like “but don’t you need a symbol of Turtai to start at 16F?” and he answered “yes, but we have none, so we’ll start at 11F instead”. I looked at my inventory, and I had a spare Turtai symbol so I noticed him about that and he said “ok you’ll use your symbol as party leader and we’ll start at 16F”. We entered, I talked to the kupole, used the option to give the symbol as party leader and we proceeded to 16F, although we were not succesful that time (not enough DPS).
    With our current party, I asked the same question, because the party leader talked about starting at 1F, and I wasn’t really interested on redoing the first 10 floors, so I answered identically “I have a symbol of Gosarius, we can start at 11F if I give the symbol as party leader.” We entered the tower, I talked to the kupole and… no option to give the symbol whatsoever. I didn’t know you HAD to be the party leader to use a symbol. :man_facepalming: So I was like… “ok, you need to transfer ownership to my character so I can use the symbol”. And… intro time expired, party was sent to 1F. :tired_face:
    Suggestion: allow everyone in the party to use a symbol to start on the desired floor. Another question: why the timer?

2. Party is well prepared, we trololo every level up to 9F. I’m really optimistic about this party unlocking Solmiki today, even if we have to do a 1F-20F run in one go. Then the unthinkable happens… I get desynched and miscalculate the moment when I should log out, and instead of coming back during the 10F boss fight, I come back 15 seconds or so before the end of 9F timer. And energy starts to decrease, stopping at something infuriating like 199 when the timer reaches zero. And we didn’t think about stepping on a teleport circle to cheeze me back on the level… :man_facepalming:
    Suggestion: unfortunately I have none here, how to allow disconnected players in ET to rejoin their team quickly without giving the opportunity to abuse that (unwanted disconnection vs disconnecting on purpose)? It’s infuriating to waste a run and your time due to a disconnection… but it’s even more infuriating to waste ALL YOUR PARTY MEMBERS’ runs and time! :angry:

3. You probably already know what the following will be… so we decide to give ET one more try, this time we set party leader to someone with a symbol of Gosarius and we start at 11F. No problem… we even manage to complete 12F without anyone disconnecting (and you’re like bathed in mobs on that level!). Then we reach 13F… Theoretically, this level is easy: you kill a “green” monster, you get a 15s buff that allows you to damage the center egg, you repeat until the egg is destroyed. In practice though… First problem, there are so many mobs that the green one is often hard to spot… even more when you have to deal with Pag Clampers THAT ARE ALREADY GREEN! Second problem, you never know which party member gets the buff… you seem to have killed the green mob? too bad, it’s one of your teammates who got the kill and you die stupidly trying to harm the egg without the buff :man_facepalming:. And when you get a clear message on 3F about who got the buff, you get none on 13F. That’s the third point: no visual clue when a player has the buff, no visual clue when it wears off (well that’s not really the case… since you DIE when the buff runs out :wink: )
    Suggestion: the floor is hard already, change the type of monster which gets the buff to something completely unique, like the ghost you get on 3F; give a message and a visual effect to the player who gets the buff; expand the buff duration (guide says 15s, but I’m pretty sure the duration is MUCH shorter than that)

And with that, I failed at unlocking Solmiki again :frowning: . Please consider these suggestions, as it would turn your dear popos from :tired: to :satisfaction:.

PS: I just watched the “new Lolopanther area” video from the KtoS thread, and I don’t really see what the new changes are. Anyone could explain in more details what changes were made to improve ET on the Korean server?

Sorry I really had the cringe at this one, since ET is one of the last things in the game i would be considered fun, but maybe that only becomes that way once you did it a few hundred times :sweat_smile:

I am not quite sure where the info about the leader having to use the symbol is stated since it just became common knowledge…sure they could change it but maybe that would create a slim window for errors and having the leader to decide it just fits imo.
The timer is BS, true -> there is non in Solmiki when entering it.

Miscalculated? Wasn’t it the kind of desynch when your game doesn’t work for you anymore but others still see you + the chat works and you still count for the floor? Hence they should have told you when to leave?

Well…that’s a beginner’s mistake, you learned your lesson.

Yeah there is no solution here. 1 member fails, team loses. Sadly you cannot let the game decide if it was it’s fault /server problem or yours (connection, hardware/software issues). That’s just the game.

Well not exactly. Considering all tasks in Lolo area which do not simply require raw damage, it is actually one of the hardest floors. Imo in general F11->F15 requires the least damage of all sections, though the boss here can give quite the challenge if not handled well.

Well that’s what makes the challenge…If you had the damage you can always kill all of 'em.

Yes and no. First I doubt it is bugged. With that being said yes you do not get the nice message so everyone knows who can attack the egg. But thats part of the challenge:
The one landing the last blow on the green one gets a 2nd tier Buff. I cant remember if the other would be able to see it on his buffs in case he isn’t buffed too heavily already. And yes it lasts 15 seconds, not less.
Your group has to be able to communicate in case you have mulitply people trying to get the buff. And oh boy, smooth communication is harder than any WB for most people… (Greetings to silent Luci (Fedimian) if she happens to read this)
Being aware for yourself + stating you got the buff for other is imo part of the challenge. Visual clues, messages and stuff are things people got too used to imo.

What i heard so far is only about solmiki, so i dunno if those changes are the same in Lolo:
Runs should be 2 or 3 PER WEEK
Cubes are not reopenable anymore, but i think more cubes are given
Only essences inside, no frags anymore
“AFK-Floors” F4, F9,… are replaced for other (damage-?) challenges

Ah ok. These changes sound nice, I hope we get them soon in iTos.