Tree of Savior Forum

Error Code 8 into Consistent Error[the client shutdown due to an error]

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) :13/5/2018-14/5/2018 2:34 AM EST till Now

Server Name:Klapedia

Team Name:DKDarkness

Character Name:Naruku

Bug Description : I was playing as usual doing your basic gameplay questing etc decided to log off to see that i had a bunch of expiring items so i decided to start using them before it was too late so i started off with dungeon reset voucher, i did my first of the reset and i queued for the second but while 5/5 i realized the game had desynced and it logged out to character window with error code 8 i tried relogging in knowing i might have gotten back in and bam it crashed totally. After this i decided to try restarting the client to my disbelieve it started giving me the client has shutdown due to an error and looping.
I restarted my pc, reinstalled both steam and ToS and still the same, i even asked my brother to log into his account to see the same thing.
Added deleted and redownload patch folder files and nothing still the same error and everything rip.
(letting us know what you were doing before, during, and after the bug happened will help us a lot)

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. start the ToS client from either steam or desktop
  2. boots for a second from white screen to black screen
  3. then error window

Screenshots / Video : http://prntscr.com/jhte68
https://prnt.sc/jhtcxq
(attach screenshots or videos regarding the bug)

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Gamepad PS3 Controller

System

• CPU : Core i5-3570k
  • RAM : 8 GB Ram 1333mhz Corsair Vengeance
  • Graphics Card : intel hd 4000
  • Mainboard : Asrock z77 extreme4
  • Storage : 60 gb SSD Corsair force
  • Internet Connection : 20MB Fibre optics Flow Jamaica
  • Country, Region : Jamaica, Kingston

Hi @fortiskev,

Kindly send a support ticket to assist you further regarding this matter. Thank you.

I swore i sent it this morning sigh, just resent and now will take forever to get an answer will most likely be everything i already tried. I just want to know it can not be resolved so i can uninstall fully because everything else works fine all my other games i play runs the same but somehow ToS after this morning event just won’t work.
Even updated my graphic driver and still nothing.

there’s a group of us peeps having the same issue though

though most of us are from telsiai server, when i tried playing on a klai server, everything is working just fine

how about try playing on a different server? if it’s working smoothly then something’s up with the klai server’s connection to your isp i guess? ‘w’?

That’s the thing it won’t even pass the white/black screen to get to the onmyoji or retiari character w/ start button and this has never happened to me before.
I have gotten that message before ingame when i play in a raid for WB or dungeon runs with mages but never outside of it just waiting on a dungeon queue to pop sigh.

oh my OxO i guess you do need to send a ticket or pm staff leticia with your last replay file in your ToS folder so she can forward it for analysis

I just checked my ticket it got a reply and the same thing i stated about giving me an answer i already tried not work was the verifying integrity of game files in steam app and still hasn’t changed even deleted my addons to see if that was the issue and still nothing.
Ps how does one send the last replay file to said individual because i saw your post and was wondering if it was the same problem.

i had mine uploaded to a personal file sharing medium and send the link to staff OwO

I see i see thanks but seeing i reinstalled ToS i think it might not work for me ;/ given i do see a last replay file in my folder most likely not going to help much lol.

you can try to replicate the error so that it will be saved in the replay file. then send it OwO

Oh okay hopefully they asked for it.

1 Like

I just want to clarify.
Did you send the support ticket?
If not, could you do send us your last replay file?
If you facing this issue again, kindly report it through a Support ticket along with your lastreplay file so we may further investigate the problem. You can find your lastreplay file at the following path: Steam/steamapps/common/TreeOfSavior/release/replay/lastreplay
Or you can send PM to Staff Amy.

I did, but when i checked my ticket section it wasn’t there but i did and got a reply but it was something i already tried and failed. I ended up sending another one due to that fact and the GM asked for the file hopefully it can be pushed through soon.
I can send you it as well hopefully you can push it through faster.

Same problem here, right now.
BRT TIME - 15:07

Yeah i just saw your post but mine is worse i can’t even get to hit the start button to get into the character select, it crashes before it reaches the Onmyoji/Retiari screen. I wish i could get into my character select to see my characters but i haven’t for the past ~2 days rip.

i can log in now, but i don’t know how consistent this may be but i still get 10 secs delay making it unplayable for me, but at least i can hang out and chat with peeps and do the daily log-in event stuff ‘w’;;

still, i wish this can be fixed soon

Gratz!, i tried it on another pc and somehow with my luck it is still persisting same thing starts up white screen, music plays(music doesn’t play on my pc because i mute it) and goes black and error screen. I even went through the trouble of creating another email and account and still the same thing so idk what to do i guess a high power doesn’t want me to play so i won’t be able to play meh lol.

have you tried vpn or a tunnel channeling medium? ‘w’

while i myself haven’t tried it, maybe you could if you’re bold enough to do so ‘w’

Yeah i was considering that maybe the issue was my internet/isp because remembering back to the event, i desynced out of the dungeon queue but my internet chipped out and back in so i was curious if my ISP had/have something to do with my issue(given i had my internet chip out on me during gameplay and it didn’t affect relogging back much less crashing before server select so idk). I guess i can try and see if it works. Only thing left is to do other than giving up is reinstall Windows 10

1 Like

Impossible to get into game due this tjos error code 8 for now 4 days
Because of that i wont get reward form the invited ones
So much effort to ger onmine everyday to gzt enough logs in to get the recipe, i hope we ll getbsome compensation for this !

Do you guys still get stuck at character sélection screen ?