Tree of Savior Forum

[ENG Translation]Suggestion: Change from "Revelators" to "Oracles"... or something else

Honestly, “Revelator” sure does sound a bit off, so would it be possible to change it to “Oracle” instead? I kinda checked the Translations back at the Github, and I feel like the “Oracle” would’ve fitted more on the player being the “guy(s) who listens to the Goddesses’ Revelations”.

1 Like

You do realize there’s a class that’s called Oracle already right :smile:?

The Korean term is literally “Revelation Person”, and I guess IMC just wanted to make it simply Revelator. It’ll be up to them to change it.

Uhh… I dunno if this is quite a reliable source, but… I kinda used this article for the idea:

And I thought that since their wordings seem to look only a bit different, it might be a great idea to use something cooler…

Also, we can suggest to change the class’ name to “Seer” if in case the proposal would be accepted. Otherwise, I have another word to suggest which might be a bit closer and still cool(though somehow losing its “divine” appeal): “Pathfinder”.

I think Seer would be a great alternative for the Oracle class!

And although revelator sounds so proper, it is pretty different from the usual chosen one/hero title.

Oracle, being a broader term, will make a lot of people assume we’re using our own powers to communicate with the goddesses, rather than just receiving messages from them. It’s also a pretty overused term, while revelator is fresh and different from other RPGs.

Changing the oracle class to seer would be a downgrade and lose the ancient Greek theme (a lot of classes are based on historical things). Pathfinder sounds like a native American woodsman, which is a cool idea for a class, but it should be an archer type and not an oracle replacement.

Revelator is a unique term in ToS… I think they had a discussion about this and is sticking to Revelator for better or worse.

3 Likes

The revelator (player) is literally gathering revelations about the past events in the scarred world.

It makes complete sense if you actually look into the story.

1 Like

When I first saw this, I also thought “Revelator” was a bit strange but it’s grown on me now. It beats the overly used “chosen one”, “hero”, “champion”, etc. etc.

Hi,

Based on the discussion in Github. IMCgames chose Revelator instead. It does seems odd at first but I like it now and it makes more sense :smile:

Also, IMCgames said on the thread below that

Player is one of the many revelators who is on the quest to become THE revelator hehe

Supposed to be [Child of Prophecy] 预言之子 or something like that…
Revelation = Apocalypse
Revelator = One who will bring apocalypse

Hmmn…maybe we dunnid to save the world after all~ :smiling_imp:

What I understand from dialogs so far, there are many revelators but only one savior.

1 Like